Team GASGAS

On 11/4/2020 at 12:40 PM, Zinergy said:

Those peasants and their cast triple clamps.

you are poor.jpg

Ha yea I was watching some enduro guy talking about the "updated" GasGas and how he was riding with everything stock but had the xtrig clamps 🤣 then all these guys are like "I think the silver wheels look better" 

On 11/4/2020 at 1:09 PM, eastreich said:

Not a big deal, and honestly I like those better as they are the old style solid mounts. 

Are the handlebar mount holes in the upper triple threaded?  Cause I think those kinda suck.

2 minutes ago, Piney Woods said:

Silver wheels do look better, especially over time.

Yeah between scratches and fading anodizing, clear coated rims certainly hold up the best.  I'm still partial to gold on red bikes though.

2 hours ago, mxaniac said:

Yeah between scratches and fading anodizing, clear coated rims certainly hold up the best.  I'm still partial to gold on red bikes though.

On the right bike Gold Rims look great

1 hour ago, Piney Woods said:

I have never had a clear coated rim, what brand has those?

Anodizing is a coating, and even if the rims aren't colored, that are clear anodized.  Paint isn't the only clear coat!  

25 minutes ago, mxaniac said:

Anodizing is a coating, and even if the rims aren't colored, that are clear anodized.  Paint isn't the only clear coat!  

Then why do my silver al rims get shiny and bright when I use al polish to remove the oxidation? Did the anodizing magically disappear uniformly?

Edited by Piney Woods

1 minute ago, Piney Woods said:

Then why do my silver al rims get shiny and bright when I use al polish to remove the oxidation?

Anodizing is a form of oxidation.  Anodizing isn't that robust though, especially the type 2.  If they don't duplex seal with nickle acetate it really doesn't hold up well whether clear or colored.  Some of the stuff they spray in parking lots to keep the dust down will destroy it.  So using a scotch brite pad will strip it off, and polished aluminum looks better than clear anodized aluminum.  So why anodize aluminum at all?  Under certain conditions the aluminum can build up black oxidation (you see it on frames where your boots rub) that looks awful and gets your hands filthy when you handle it, and sometimes you get the white scale that almost looks like barnacles.  Anything on a structural member to help prevent pitting is also beneficial, because if your water supply is the wrong PH bare aluminum can get ruined quickly.  

• Helpful 2

I'll never ask you what time it is! I love my Never Dull al rims. I'm hoping it will blind the other guys in my class, most of them have cataracts!

34 minutes ago, Piney Woods said:

I'll never ask you what time it is! I love my Never Dull al rims. I'm hoping it will blind the other guys in my class, most of them have cataracts!

Technically George, cataracts would be an attenuation of the visible light spectrum causing lower photon receptor excitation.  Your rims might just be providing the optical guidance they need to navigate the course.

I don't know if any of that is correct, me using all them there fancy college words and all, but I'm sticking with it!