SmokinJoe

Beta2Stroke One down one more to go

My friend just picked up the '21 125 RE today. The lights and the enduro gear will be coming off. It will be made more into a mx/gncc type of ride. All ready got the race wiring harness for it. 

Now just waiting for that RX300 to show up. 

88033.jpeg

• Like 13

25 minutes ago, SmokinJoe said:

My friend just picked up the '21 125 RE today. The lights and the enduro gear will be coming off. It will be made more into a mx/gncc type of ride. All ready got the race wiring harness for it. 

88033.jpeg

Going to be fun!

looks nice! If there's a way that a 21 headlight will fit an old 15 - I'd be interested in the headlight!

Looks like Franks! Been there plenty of times 🙂  congrats on the bike.

Yea, that's where he getting both bikes from. I don't have any spark arrestors for my '21 sx's yet. Orginal plan was to just take it down to riverdale Saturday. But because it's gonna rain here for the next 4 days. Gonna go to Richland instead it's supposed to be a bit drier. 

Get a chance to compare it some to my 150sx. I had an 06 yz125/144 that eric gorr did for 15 years. My friend has a similar situation with an 06 cr125/139 that gorr also did and pwk carb swap. 

So we're used to screaming 125 small bores. Anyone out there interested in a hybrid bike? 06 cr125 in a 2010 crf250r chassis? Ian from irp did the frame work. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SmokinJoe said:

88033.jpeg

We gotta have an RX meetup when we get our bikes, haha

• Like 1

The race harness does away with the street gear stuff. Like the turn signal switches etc. I can't remember if it keeps or doesn't the rear tail light. 

I just sat on it myself and i know the suspension needs to brake in. But i thought it was gonna be a little lower in the seat height than my ktm's. I'm still not used to the sit on top feel. I'm used to my yz's older sit in pocket older feel. 

Edited by SmokinJoe
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, RyanE33 said:

We gotta have an RX meetup when we get our bikes, haha

Yea that be fun wherever they come in. When my friend picked up the 125 yesterday. Was told they believe that they should be on the boat on its way here. 

Was gonna go hit Richland this weekend but they are doing some kind of makeup race. So it's looking like woodland now since they are running practice Saturday and Sunday. 

Undecided on what day as of yet we haven't been to woodland in ages. Like since 2002. 

Bye bye heavy supersprocket 125's need light things to spin. Nice to see this sunstar sprocket from the cr fit. Also don't care for those sprockets with the aluminum center with the outer steel. 

88142.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SmokinJoe said:

Yea that be fun wherever they come in. When my friend picked up the 125 yesterday. Was told they believe that they should be on the boat on its way here. 

Was gonna go hit Richland this weekend but they are doing some kind of makeup race. So it's looking like woodland now since they are running practice Saturday and Sunday. 

Undecided on what day as of yet we haven't been to woodland in ages. Like since 2002. 

If I knew what gearing was going to be on the RX I would have new sprockets ordered already. Beta has been slow to release the final specs.

3 hours ago, RyanE33 said:

If I knew what gearing was going to be on the RX I would have new sprockets ordered already. Beta has been slow to release the final specs.

My guess is it's probably gonna be a 50 rear probably 14/50. 

Do they put heavier flywheels on these 125's? Haven't really done much with it yet. Thinking it might be a little rich on the pilot jet. Seems a little sluggish to rev off the bottom. It will start easily dead cold no choke. 

• Like 1

On 11/3/2020 at 12:07 PM, SmokinJoe said:

It is home now. 

88065.jpeg

Is that a tz in the back ground? 

8 hours ago, SmokinJoe said:

Bye bye heavy supersprocket 125's need light things to spin. Nice to see this sunstar sprocket from the cr fit. Also don't care for those sprockets with the aluminum center with the outer steel. 

88142.jpeg

Double check that spocket. I have read a few thing that Honda sprockets are close but not exact. They can  chew up your hub. Just what I have read no personal experience. Nice loking bike. 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

1 minute ago, 88pma said:

Double check that spocket. I have read a few thing that Honda sprockets are close but not exact. They can  chew up your hub. Just what I have read no personal experience. Nice loking bike. 

Had one on my beta wheel for 70 hours and no problem. G2 ergonomics for “Honda”. 

13 minutes ago, shrubitup said:

Had one on my beta wheel for 70 hours and no problem. G2 ergonomics for “Honda”. 

Good to know. I just remember seeing it mention here. 

3 minutes ago, SmokinJoe said:

It's an 87 tzr250 

That's a nice looking and sounding bike.