Bill_B

Is this oil the same as that oil

Dumb question and call me paranoid. Ordered oil from Amazon and when I get it, its not what I expect.  The label is all wrong      ;   [       I've never seen this label before and cant find it on a quick google search. So Im like OH MY GOD this is NOT right LOLOLOLO!  GREAT!  

THERE IS NO PICTURES OF DIRT BIKES AND SH-IT ON THE LABLE THIS CAN NOT BE THE RIGHT OIL, WHAT AM I GOING TO DO NOW, LOL! 

SO my question is anyone know IF this oil (plane label bottle) is the same as exact oil as the Yamalube with the cooler label with bikes, and shit on it.  Sounds really dumb but just because it does NOT say (performance all purpose)  its got me questioning it.  LOL 10k on bike don't want to make mistake with wrong oil.  All other mention of specs are the same on the label. 

Im sure some will chime in with use full synthetic but manual says nothing about synthetic and oil chances are 7.5hrs on this bike. 

unnamed.jpg

Yamalube Performance All Purpose 4-Stroke Oil _ Parts & Accessories _ Rocky Mountain ATV_MC - Google Chrome 2020-11-06 17.12.11.jpg

Edited by Bill_B
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, HeavyRotationClassic said:

That's the wrong stuff, it should look like this. 

Screenshot_20201106-172024_Chrome.jpg

OMG WHAT THE HELL AM I GUNNA DO NOW!  now I'm really confusededed 

• Angry 1
  • Haha 1

Compare the specs. I dislike amazon and will never use it. I see a potential counterfeit issue. I suggest Rocky Mtn ATV as a totally trustworthy source and one that supports the sport.

• Like 11
  • Helpful 2

16 minutes ago, Bill_B said:

Dumb question and call me paranoid. Ordered oil from Amazon and when I get it, its not what I expect.  The label is all wrong      ;   [       I've never seen this label before and cant find it on a quick google search. So Im like OH MY GOD this is NOT right LOLOLOLO!  GREAT!  

THERE IS NO PICTURES OF DIRT BIKES AND SH-IT ON THE LABLE THIS CAN NOT BE THE RIGHT OIL, WHAT AM I GOING TO DO NOW, LOL! 

SO my question is anyone know IF this oil (plane label bottle) is the same as exact oil as the Yamalube with the cooler label with bikes, and shit on it.  Sounds really dumb but just because it does NOT say (performance all purpose)  its got me questioning it.  LOL 10k on bike don't want to make mistake with wrong oil.  All other mention of specs are the same on the label. 

Im sure some will chime in with use full synthetic but manual says nothing about synthetic and oil chances are 7.5hrs on this bike. 

unnamed.jpg

Yamalube Performance All Purpose 4-Stroke Oil _ Parts & Accessories _ Rocky Mountain ATV_MC - Google Chrome 2020-11-06 17.12.11.jpg

Amazon has been selling counterfeit spark plugs, carburetors, and yes motorcycle oil for a few years now. 
it’s probably from China, it might be actual oil or it’s a vegetable oil. 

Either return the oil or call the manufacturer and see if you can confirm the bottle. 
this is why amazon is no good. 

• Like 3

I usually buy from RMATVMC, will return it to be on the safe side. Make a trip on the way home to MSR which I was trying to avoid from the start. Thanks Amazon.  I LOVE amazon but now may now buy oil there anymore.  ( 

• Like 1

As funny as the second post is there is some truth to it. That yamalube looks different from anything I’ve seen at the dealership. The Rotella you can buy at Walmart would be a much better oil for your bike. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Into the sunset said:

As funny as the second post is there is some truth to it. That yamalube looks different from anything I’ve seen at the dealership. The Rotella you can buy at Walmart would be a much better oil for your bike. 

it seems like something I've seen before....I could be wrong, but it might be what I run in a jetski. I'd have to go dig through a shed to find out

• Like 1

If you do an image search for "yamalube 10w40," there isn't a single pic of that bottle. If you search for, what looks like, a product number on the label (1077365-01), the only result is this thread. I'm going with fake.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bill_B said:

unnamed.jpg

Na, you're all good.   https://shopyamaha.com/product/details/10w-40-all-purpose-performance?b=Yamalube+Engine+Oils&d=30&ls=yamaha-motor-company&dealernumber=

Plenty of Yammie product with the same/similar labels.

https://shopyamaha.com/yamalube-products/engine-oils?ls=yamalube&nw=yamaha-motor-company&dealernumber=

X0cd4Vk9d8dx5zTImR_gjJ9XDUSr2ZWm8ZdUTZvx

Edited by DEATH_INC.
  • Helpful 1

21 hours ago, Bill_B said:

unnamed.jpg

Looks like bikes to me.

ABC3B72B-0FDC-42D2-AD15-EE9878DBB556.jpeg

• Haha 3

I stoped by Malcolm Smith Motor sports on the way home last night and found out it’s a new label, they just started shipping with it. Same label they have in store. 

• Like 2
  • Helpful 3

6 minutes ago, Bill_B said:

I stoped by Malcolm Smith Motor sports on the way home last night and found out it’s a new label, they just started shipping with it. Same label they have in store. 

Shame you don’t support your local dealer until it goes tiddlywampus. Malcom’s doors might be shut next time.

tbh, we’re all guilty.

Edited by Hughie
  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1

3 hours ago, SteveThe Snakes said:

Remember Yamaha doesn’t make oil. 
My favorite Yamaha, KTM and about everything else oil. image.thumb.png.45c868861972547b636dfba4c7dc9080.png

I buy the cheapest motorcycle oil for my air-cooled bikes. Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki 10w40. Usually find it for less than $20. Not saving anything by getting car oil or Rotella at O'Reilley's. 

Edited by nots0much
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, nots0much said:

I buy the cheapest motorcycle oil for my air-cooled bikes. Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki 10w40. Usually find it for less than $20. Not saving anything by getting car oil or Rotella at O'Reilley's. 

That’s five quarts of excellent synthetic oil for $25. as in a great deal. Motorcycle oil is just someone’s rebranded oil. But any of the oils work fine as long as you dump them pretty quick. 

• Helpful 1

9 minutes ago, SteveThe Snakes said:

That’s five quarts of excellent synthetic oil for $25. as in a great deal. Motorcycle oil is just someone’s rebranded oil. But any of the oils work fine as long as you dump them pretty quick. 

but the label sez it good for 10,000 miles? :confused:

Edited by shrubitup
  • Haha 5

Car oil for diesel and petrol engines has different additives in it that can cause bikes that predominantly have wet clutches to slip.
That’s why we should use oil specifically for bike’s, or more correctly wet clutches. 
It’s not just about marketing.

Edited by Hughie