Ferrandis is going to be a force in the 450 class

From what reed was saying ,he thinks even with star running it ,it will be a very mixed year ,he says it's not all the bike , it's a multitude of problems that leads to great results followed by bad ones , not consistent 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, mog said:

From what reed was saying ,he thinks even with star running it ,it will be a very mixed year ,he says it's not all the bike , it's a multitude of problems that leads to great results followed by bad ones , not consistent 

You mean so it's like a KTM then?...you either finish the season or you dont

2 minutes ago, indy rider said:

I have a feeling he will do pretty good. In an interview after SX he said something like...David Vuillemin has had him practicing on a 450 for over a year.

Well he was riding the 450 last season at over seas races. So he has race time on one as well against the likes of barcia, malcom, hill, etc. At least on SX.

Edited by Zinergy
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Zinergy said:

Well he was riding the 450 last season at over seas races. So he has race time on one as well against the likes of barcia, malcom, hill, etc. At least on SX.

And he was doing well on it.

But hey, Reed say it has big problems so maybe I imagined it.

Edited by indy rider
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, mog said:

Ya if he didn't get beat by RV for "brand ambassador" he'd be yapping a different song.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

A lot of truth to this.  I have no idea about Fernandez, but little twiggy Musquin seemed to always do well.  Smooth is the way.

That bike does not lend itself to smooth riding, it’ll work against his style and he’ll get results like everyone else.  

Then when you you guys blame Fernandis GoRacist will call you all racists. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, PB729 said:

I think how Ferrandis does on the 450 will convince me whether it's the bike or not. Rider talent/ability isn't going to be an issue with him.

Ferrandis is a rookie on 450s. He may have a few good races but will likely finish below 7th. CW, ET, KR, MM, JA, ZO, AC, CS, JB. With no injuries that puts Barcia at 9th and he finished 5th last year.  MS who finished 7th last year might not make top 10.

I think DF will be doing really well to finish top 10. Five of the top 10 guys have 450 championships either indoors or outdoors. And Marv is going to be trying to nail it down this year or maybe never. 

Even without all that, it is very rare for a rookie to come into it and be right up at the top like KR did when he came up. DF has great potential, but 450s is a different thing especially with a very deep field. And it will take a lot more than bike brand to make it happen.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Chaconne said:

Ferrandis is a rookie on 450s. He may have a few good races but will likely finish below 7th. CW, ET, KR, MM, JA, ZO, AC, CS, JB. With no injuries that puts Barcia at 9th and he finished 5th last year.  MS who finished 7th last year might not make top 10.

I think DF will be doing really well to finish top 10. Five of the top 10 guys have 450 championships either indoors or outdoors. And Marv is going to be trying to nail it down this year or maybe never. 

Even without all that, it is very rare for a rookie to come into it and be right up at the top like KR did when he came up. DF has great potential, but 450s is a different thing especially with a very deep field. And it will take a lot more than bike brand to make it happen.

If Barcia doesn't finish better than 5th, I guess it will be because the red KTM is shittier than the BBP.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, KTMRider4Life said:

That bike does not lend itself to smooth riding, it’ll work against his style and he’ll get results like everyone else.  

Then when you you guys blame Fernandis GoRacist will call you all racists. 

Predictable response.  If only I could have bet on that!  Goride is a big fan of the Frenchies......and why not?  Unlike others that come here, most can actually ride sx and then of course there's that thing the MXON where they basically dismantle us every year lately.  

18 minutes ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

Predictable response.  If only I could have bet on that!  Goride is a big fan of the Frenchies......and why not?  Unlike others that come here, most can actually ride sx and then of course there's that thing the MXON where they basically dismantle us every year lately.  

Oh I have lots of respect for French riders and when Ferrandis was taking heat this year I defended him, I think he's a great rider and a good person. I particularly enjoyed his interaction with A.C. after outdoors 2019. GoRacist pulls the race card though anytime someone criticizes a rider he can use it on even when criticism isdeserved.  Watch, my prediction will come true.

Edited by KTMRider4Life
  • Like 1