supercross Ferrandis is going to be a force in the 450 class

I doubt that he will finish top five for the series next year. Its a tough class and hard to pass.....give him a year to get the experience in the class and then we'll see.  I think Sexton will do better.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, GoRide2 said:

You heard it here first 

Bold statement saying that the guy who just won the 250 title with one of the smoothest styles mixed with a ton of raw speed and attitude is going to win. 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

I’ll bet anyone here Ferrandis wins at least one main and will be a consistent top 5 contender.  Ferrandis rides low in the rpms, exactly what that bike likes and has been on that bike awhile   

Star already has that bike working better than Yamaha, they don’t have the constraints the factory did. 

• Like 4
  • Helpful 1

5 minutes ago, GBow521 said:

I’ll bet anyone here Ferrandis wins at least one main and will be a consistent top 5 contender.  Ferrandis rides low in the rpms, exactly what that bike likes and has been on that bike awhile   

Star already has that bike working better than Yamaha, they don’t have the constraints the factory did. 

Now that’s a bold statement!!!

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

5 minutes ago, DesertCR said:

I’m betting he wins the opener!!!

Seriously? I'd take that bet.

2 hours ago, GBow521 said:

Which is really weird when you think about it as far as "constraints".  

1 hour ago, TDW said:

Seriously? I'd take that bet.

Barcia did it two years straight on the blue pig, I think DF is a better rider imo 

5 minutes ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

Which is really weird when you think about it as far as "constraints".  

One group has to do what Japan and old school managers tells them, the other does what they want.  

• Like 3

I have this theory that when you go from a bad handling bike to a good one you go faster right away.  When the reverse is true it takes a while for the gremlins to sink in. Call it body knowledge or whatever but eventually the bad handling bike will cause you to lose your confidence.  Hopefully, the big Yamaha won't do to DF what it seems to have done to every other factory rider in the US.  

• Helpful 1

1 hour ago, GBow521 said:

One group has to do what Japan and old school managers tells them, the other does what they want.  

Well I guess the guys doing what they want are the guys having the success so it would seem to be pointless for Japan to tell them what to do.

1 hour ago, DesertCR said:

Barcia did it two years straight on the blue pig, I think DF is a better rider imo 

Yep I remember him winning right off the bat those two years. So far DF on the 450 is an unknown but will likely be successful at some point with it. 

So if you want to put a friendly wager on it I would propose a $25.00 bet with that amount being paid directly to R2R from whoever loses the bet. I would go a step further and say that if DF gets first or second in the main for a final result you would win, if he gets anything lower than second I would win. If he starts the main the bets on, if he doesnt start the main then no bet. What say you?

5 hours ago, GBow521 said:

CW, ET, KR, MM, JA, ZO, AC that gets him 7th. Injuries could impact but that is a strong field. That doesn't include JB or MS either. I like Ferrandis but do you think he is a Roczen level 450 rookie?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Chaconne said:

CW, ET, KR, MM, JA, ZO, AC that gets him 7th. Injuries could impact but that is a strong field. That doesn't include JB or MS either. I like Ferrandis but do you think he is a Roczen level 450 rookie?

The field next year is quite different than it was 2 years ago, that's why it's hard to predict where many of these guys who are not the top 1/2 will finish, that and a season unlike any other. It' a real toss up next year. The good news is I think that makes it interesting as well. 

• Like 2

There are a bunch of riders that could win but its that way every year.  I want to see how many get injured testing and practicing by Christmas....

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DesertCR said:

Yeah.  They probably did a lot of testing on Anaheim style dirt.  When they were in SLC you saw Barcia go from podium contender to 8th - 9th place.  Of course he won A1 and got 9th at A2, so who knows WTF was going on there.

I'm gonna guess that Barcia is more consistent on the red KTM, because the KTM guys have their 450 figured out.  They know what works already, they don't need Barcia to help them.

Edited by redrider144
  • Like 1

I remember Justin Hill on his first 450 ride a few years ago, he was running in the front pack, crashed and got hurt, and hasn't had the pace since.  Adam showed up looking fast at A1, but couldn't keep the rubber side down for the whole race.  Osborne took a while to acclimate to the 450 as well.  I expect DF to show some speed, have a few crashes that hurt his confidence, and then reign it in to where he's consistent.  He'll build his speed from there and in 2 years be a contender.

• Like 2

On 11/7/2020 at 7:38 PM, indy rider said:

The skinny frenchies know how to ride them without having to man handle them. 

Yeah I think that's actually a thing, in my perception anyhow.  The French riders tend to be smooth, they don't rev the piss out of bikes like Barcia.  Barcia did better on the BBP (at some races) than he should have.

Edited by redrider144
  • Like 1