KTM/Husky 350 quiet exhaust over stock.

Hey everyone was wanting to know everyone’s thoughts on what I should do for a exhaust set up. Ktm guys are welcome to put there 2 cents in as there the same bike. 

I currently have a 2018 fe350 and wanting to ether change the end cap out to get a bit more flow out of it but I’m worried about it being loud. I have already have a JD TUNER with the end screen ripped out (not the spark arrestor)  and the reeds out of the air box, so jetting it in won’t be a problem. 

Also looking at getting a mega bomb header I have read it give u more low to mid power plus 1.5 less db over your current pipe set up. 

I am looking for a quite exhaust slip on as I don’t like people knowing I’m in the bush ripping around. I have been research about fmf Q4 but can’t find how loud they are over stock with quite Insert in there with the spark arrestor. Basically want power with it being quiet.

I’m open to other brands let me know what u guys think.

You want the quietest pipe, stick with the stock one with the end screens removed.  Based on performance vs. noise, it will give you the best combo.  You can replace the end cap, but it will be louder.  You can add the quiet inserts and that will tone it down, but it won’t flow as well as stock (sans screens).  No aftermarket pipe will be as quiet as your current set up.  So you have a choice.  More flow and performance, or less flow and quiet.  I don’t think anything delivers the best combo as modified stock (screens removed).  Also, the performance difference between your modified stock and something quieter like the Q is very little.  JD jetting did dyno runs on a Husq 450 with the reeds removed, JD tuner, and both the stock exhaust with screens removed and the SX (free flowing and load) exhaust.  The SX exhaust only delivered about .5 hp more.

On my 450, I have the modified stock exhaust, and had it tested at a dual sport ride.  It blew 90.9 dB.

any after market FMF is going to be much louder.  My son's fe250 came with an Akrapovic slip on and it is WAY quieter than my fmf (on my fe350) but the akrapovic supposedly improves performance as well.  Maybe that would be a good middle ground.  However, it may not be worth the $.  Maybe better and cheaper to just do an end cap for Enduro Engineering or similar.