Sewer and the yzf get 2nd !

The troll continues

A great season ,ac tangled in the start and broke his gear lever off ,tried to do a few laps in one gear but gave up 

A well deserved 2nd for the problem child lol 

As I said in the other troll post ,the yzf look great this year 

They look totally different to the ama bike in how fluid they look 

They are often near the front 

1 hour ago, KTMRider4Life said:

@GBow521 claimed 2 or 3 years ago the GP frame would be on the AMA bikes and they'd be one of the best bikes out there, so far nothing has changed. 

Yes, it has. 

My understanding is the softer suspension used in the GPs is the difference.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GBow521 said:

Yes, it has. 

My understanding is the softer suspension used in the GPs is the difference.  

I always wonder how often the factory teams make works components despite the production rule.  KTM is the only one I've ever heard a rider claim did that, but that gets in to a whole game of telling riders things to get their confidence up to.  Oh yeah, this bike has a special unobtainium frame dude.  You'll easily win this moto, don't tell anyone though.

21 minutes ago, mxaniac said:

I always wonder how often the factory teams make works components despite the production rule.  KTM is the only one I've ever heard a rider claim did that, but that gets in to a whole game of telling riders things to get their confidence up to.  Oh yeah, this bike has a special unobtainium frame dude.  You'll easily win this moto, don't tell anyone though.

KTMs use a lot more works parts than the rest.  

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, mxaniac said:

In the GPs, full works bikes are allowed...

The problem, even the most expensive, works bike in the world doesn't mean results. And ultimately reflects poorly that even the most trick bike in the world gets beat by some dude on a nearly stock bike... 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mog said:

The troll continues

A great season ,ac tangled in the start and broke his gear lever off ,tried to do a few laps in one gear but gave up 

A well deserved 2nd for the problem child lol 

As I said in the other troll post ,the yzf look great this year 

They look totally different to the ama bike in how fluid they look 

They are often near the front 

Not the same bike. 

14 minutes ago, Hans Schmid said:

In the GPs, full works bikes are allowed...

The problem, even the most expensive, works bike in the world doesn't mean results. And ultimately reflects poorly that even the most trick bike in the world gets beat by some dude on a nearly stock bike... 

Yes but when it gets to the minutia of things like stiffness the factory could do a lot.  Jeremy Marten was talking about frame hours in an interview, and how different riders liked a different number of hours on them.  Geico rotated them around the team to best suit the riders preferences.

Then you have terrain, what's to keep a team from having a different frame for hard pack vs sand or loam?

Then we have frames like the 09-12 CRF450, many riders just couldn't gel with that frame.  I didn't particularly care for them, although I thought the 2013 was their best ever.  But if the factory released a particularly horrible design for a platform that didn't suit riders of that caliber then, why not give them what they want?

So when we know things as simple as motor mount torque or frame hours affect these guys, it really makes me wonder how far a factory team might go if they had no chance of getting caught.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mog said:

I agree totally 

Poor year for KTM ( would be a good year for any other brand )

But I feel KTM is cheating in 2021

3 brands is half the paddock 

Using your money for R&D instead of layers of management, so that you actually profit in your business segment, isn't really cheating.  Selling your customers overbloated crap for 4 years in a row would be a better definition of cheating I'm my opinion :). Cheating the customer anyway!

• Helpful 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, mog said:

I agree totally 

Poor year for KTM ( would be a good year for any other brand )

But I feel KTM is cheating in 2021

3 brands is half the paddock 

Injuries happen. That hurt KTM more than anything. And I see what you mean about the 3 teams thing, but I still think it's overall a good thing for the sport to add another team into the mix. 

7 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

Yeah.  TLD was already a KTM 250 team though.  Now it's red KTM and they added a 450 rider.  So not really all that different from before.

But there is also a KTM in-house 250 team, correct? So that still is 3 teams (Factory KTM, Gasgas and Husky)whereas this past year there was only 2 (for 250s)

25 minutes ago, ah665 said:

But there is also a KTM in-house 250 team, correct? So that still is 3 teams (Factory KTM, Gasgas and Husky)whereas this past year there was only 2 (for 250s)

Yeah that's true, KTM is apparently adding an in house 250 team.  More teams should be good for the sport.