motocross Sewer and the yzf get 2nd !

Really though, Gas Gas?  They should have bought the Maico brand name and Gussied up an Austrian steed in red with a Deutsche nameplate.  Better nostalgia, more fitting geographically, and would add to the industry instead of just transfer.  Of course they wouldn't capture a customer base or market segment that way, but it better suits my own delusions that way.

7 minutes ago, mxaniac said:

Really though, Gas Gas?  They should have bought the Maico brand name and Gussied up an Austrian steed in red with a Deutsche nameplate.  Better nostalgia, more fitting geographically, and would add to the industry instead of just transfer.  Of course they wouldn't capture a customer base or market segment that way, but it better suits my own delusions that way.

I do agree that picking up the Maico name would have been a smarter move as far as branding goes.  But GasGas does come with a factory and workers already in place and at the moment I think that's more important.

39 minutes ago, mxaniac said:

Not sure... perhaps talkin out my arse here...   but it may be hard to buy the rights to the Maico name.

Wasn't there a squabble about that name a few years back about who owned what. hence the Star brand, then later wasn't a british group looking to restart, but ran into legal issues... ???  or was that Norton ??  IDK...

My be best to let that brand just die out...

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

17 hours ago, KTMRider4Life said:

I didn't think Barcia looked any different besides being terrible in Salt Lake. 

1st at A1, 2nd in STL to open the season was different.  Then a 9th at A2, which was more familiar.

3 hours ago, mxaniac said:

Using your money for R&D instead of layers of management, so that you actually profit in your business segment, isn't really cheating.  Selling your customers overbloated crap for 4 years in a row would be a better definition of cheating I'm my opinion :). Cheating the customer anyway!

I just heard MCR is running the 2020 Honda for Bloss, Hill, and McElrath while Friese runs the 2021 to develop it further.  That pretty much demonstrates my point, a 5 year old design is as competitive at a national level.  Does that mean the 5 year old design was that great, or that they haven't improved in 5 years?  I think we all know the answer to that.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

1st at A1, 2nd in STL to open the season was different.  Then a 9th at A2, which was more familiar.

Hes won A1 before as well right?  And had multiple seconds.  

1 hour ago, KTMRider4Life said:

Hes won A1 before as well right?  And had multiple seconds.  

I think 2019 A1 was a mudder, which didn't really surprise anyone that Barcia won.  Also his only podium that season.

Looking only at his time on the YZ450, he's had one 2nd before 2020.  Glendale 2018.  He did have two 3rd place finishes in 2018 though as well.  So let's compare podium finishes.

2020 - 3 podiums (1, 2, 2)

2018 -  3 podiums (3, 3, 2)

It's debatable whether 2020 is a significant improvement over 2018?

Edited by redrider144

122 =5 beats 332 = 7 

That is a big % change 

4 minutes ago, mog said:

122 =5 beats 332 = 7 

That is a big % change 

I think you, @GBow521 and @KTMRider4Life should have a 3 way debate on that topic.  Same number of podiums.

🙂

Edited by redrider144

14 minutes ago, mog said:

5 beats 7 

You mean 8 instead of 7, I believe.  Also ended the season 5th in 2020, 10th in 2018.  That's something.  But he missed a lot of 2018 injured, so tough to compare, or credit the bike, or a new frame.  IDK.

7 hours ago, mxaniac said:

Using your money for R&D instead of layers of management, so that you actually profit in your business segment, isn't really cheating.  Selling your customers overbloated crap for 4 years in a row would be a better definition of cheating I'm my opinion :). Cheating the customer anyway!

Instead of layers of management? lol

They literally have more layers of management involved in MX than any of the other brands. Three teams, 3 team managers, 3 assistant managers, 3 drivers managing the rigs , 3 timed the number of mechanics managing the bikes, etc......

Edited by indy rider

12 minutes ago, indy rider said:

They literally have more layers of management involved in MX than any of the other brands. Three teams, 3 team managers, 3 assistant managers, 3 drivers managing the rigs , 3 timed the number of mechanics managing the bikes, etc......

Race teams are race teams, and they help develop bikes, they are not layers of management, you're so mad though you're blu in the face. Not long ago folks like you thought they'd never win a race, now sometimes they fill the entire podium.  I understand why you're so upset. 

Edited by KTMRider4Life
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, redrider144 said:

I think 2019 A1 was a mudder, which didn't really surprise anyone that Barcia won.  Also his only podium that season.

Looking only at his time on the YZ450, he's had one 2nd before 2020.  Glendale 2018.  He did have two 3rd place finishes in 2018 though as well.  So let's compare podium finishes.

2020 - 3 podiums (1, 2, 2)

2018 -  3 podiums (3, 3, 2)

It's debatable whether 2020 is a significant improvement over 2018?

I go off the way he looked on the bike. He looked good much better this year. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, KTMRider4Life said:

I didn't think Barcia looked any different besides being terrible in Salt Lake. 

Man why you gotta be a hater and hurt my feelings. 

Won (once yes I know) in both disciplines. Hounded Tomac at Ironman. Honestly probably finished ahead of Tomac more often than not before the end of the season. 

Can’t you subscribe to you Pumpkin master race religion while also acknowledging that Barcia’s extensive testing on the Yamaha made it at least a bit better in 2020? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, indy rider said:

Race team is a very small component of these companies.  The layers of management is a reference to the entire company.  KTM had a reputation for being much more nimble and agile, sadly the more successful they become, the less I think this will be true.