motocross Sewer and the yzf get 2nd !

my first thought is that Barcia will be faster on the GG but that's a dual edged sword for him. I think he's likely to crash his brains out due to pushing it to the edge

4 minutes ago, Budlite said:

my first thought is that Barcia will be faster on the GG but that's a dual edged sword for him. I think he's likely to crash his brains out due to pushing it to the edge

I'm hoping Barcia destroys everyone. It will let other company's know they need more development and break the internet 🤣

• Helpful 1

4 hours ago, GBow521 said:

I go off the way he looked on the bike. He looked good much better this year. 

Better than in other contract years or just the year before? 

3 hours ago, 150dirtcomber said:

Man why you gotta be a hater and hurt my feelings. 

Won (once yes I know) in both disciplines. Hounded Tomac at Ironman. Honestly probably finished ahead of Tomac more often than not before the end of the season. 

Can’t you subscribe to you Pumpkin master race religion while also acknowledging that Barcia’s extensive testing on the Yamaha made it at least a bit better in 2020? 

See above. 

41 minutes ago, 777654321 said:

I'm hoping Barcia destroys everyone. It will let other company's know they need more development and break the internet 🤣

It'll also break the last few remaining yamahumpers here, though I don't suspect he wins a championship. The competition is tougher than it's been in years and he's heading into his twilight years, he'll be 29 nearly 30 next sx season. 

• Helpful 1

1 minute ago, KTMRider4Life said:

See above. 

It'll also break the last few remaining yamahumpers here, though I don't suspect he wins a championship. The competition is tougher than it's been in years and he's heading into his twilight years, he'll be 29 nearly 30 next sx season. 

I'm still set on the yzf250 is most likely the best bike for the average guy. The yzf 450 needs refinement as well as the other brands. You can hang onto the smaller bores all day.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

Ha!

Throwing Thrasher in the deal made both sides happy. GG had to pony up a little more upfront but he's happy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 777654321 said:

I'm still set on the yzf250 is most likely the best bike for the average guy. The yzf 450 needs refinement as well as the other brands. You can hang onto the smaller bores all day.

There's no doubt the yz250f is a great bike. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, KTMRider4Life said:

See above. 

I don’t think you can call Barcia a contract rider, he rides with a ton of heart all the time. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 777654321 said:

It is. And the thing about that bike that really helps out is how easy it is to ride. Even if you want to compare it to a KTM 250f or 350, those require the rider to be at the top of the powerband to really be as effective. The YZ comes to life so early and if you make a mistake, you can make that right back up with the torque and quick revs. 

As far as Barcia, I genuinely think that he was probably reasonably happy with Yamaha this year. He did put in decent results and feel comfortable, at times. But I do think there were obviously some periods of frustration with the bike. I think he will gel with the GG much easier and I think he's going to a front-runner.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, ah665 said:

It is. And the thing about that bike that really helps out is how easy it is to ride. Even if you want to compare it to a KTM 250f or 350, those require the rider to be at the top of the powerband to really be as effective. The YZ comes to life so early and if you make a mistake, you can make that right back up with the torque and quick revs. 

As far as Barcia, I genuinely think that he was probably reasonably happy with Yamaha this year. He did put in decent results and feel comfortable, at times. But I do think there were obviously some periods of frustration with the bike. I think he will gel with the GG much easier and I think he's going to a front-runner.

I hate logical thought out posts ,what can I argue with ? 🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I'd try the 2021 YZ250f as a riding buddy just got one, but the snow started falling the same day he took it home.  Effing winter, the only thing it's good for us keeping the Californians away.

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, mxaniac said:

I'd try the 2021 YZ250f as a riding buddy just got one, but the snow started falling the same day he took it home.  Effing winter, the only thing it's good for us keeping the Californians away.

And they still keep coming!!!

• Angry 1

21 minutes ago, MANIAC998 said:

And they still keep coming!!!

You know the difference between a Yankee, a Damn Yankee, and a GD Yankee?

7 minutes ago, MANIAC998 said:

I know a version of the joke, but let’s hear your version.

A Yankee comes for a visit and quickly leaves. The Damn Yankee comes for a visit and never leaves. The God Damn Yankee comes for a visit, never leaves, and then goes on and on about how much nicer it was back home

Edited by KTMRider4Life
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

A Yankee comes for a visit and quickly leaves. The Damn Yankee comes for a visit and never leaves. The God Damn Yankee comes for a visit, never leaves, and then goes on and on about how much nicer it was back home

I’m only a Yankee then.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KTMRider4Life said:

See above. 

What if you flip the phrasing of the same question and say:

So do you think all of the testing Barcia and later RV did to the Yz450 had zero effect? And they were unable to improve the bike at all?

2 minutes ago, 150dirtcomber said:

What if you flip the phrasing of the same question and say:

So do you think all of the testing Barcia and later RV did to the Yz450 had zero effect? And they were unable to improve the bike at all?

Do you think they improved the bike? 

4 hours ago, GBow521 said:

I don’t think you can call Barcia a contract rider, he rides with a ton of heart all the time. 

As a fan I agree with this. But I also think his results generally improve when it’s crunch time. I also think he has no control over that though and tries his best every race. 

Not sure if any of that made sense. 

Just now, KTMRider4Life said:

Do you think they improved the bike? 

Of course yes. 

Did they make it as good as the pumpkin spice lattes? No, but they improved it. That’s the point of testing. 

There’s an entire...and quite large range of variables between “Yamaha sux” and “KTM best” that you seem to intentionally and repeatedly disregard on here. You can admit that extensively testing a blue bike can make it better - while also still believing KTM is the best. I promise it’s not an either or. 

• Like 1