The Hoff

9 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

Regional SX is not a national championship.

Yes I was going to post a couple championships but he was specific to AMA and MXGP, so outdoors only. But we all know SX is the most important and sought after championship...  He was talking about second tier championships.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, KTMRider4Life said:

I hunted with a 300 Savage when I was 15-17 years old, it was my grandfathers gun. I never knew what Savage was referring to, I can only imagine how triggered (no pun intended) some folks would be if they knew there were rifles named in that manner.  Thanks for filling me in! 

That is a fairly common last name. That company is named after its founder Arthur William Savage.

I believe Savage firearms origin was in upstate NY or New England which was the seat of early American industrialism including firearms, like Colt, Smith & Wesson, Springfield. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Chaconne said:

That is a fairly common last name. That company is named after its founder Arthur William Savage.

I believe Savage firearms origin was in upstate NY or New England which was the seat of early American industrialism including firearms, like Colt, Smith & Wesson, Springfield. 

I guess they just used the chief as a mascot for a bit then.

20201111_110015.jpg

Edited by Zinergy
  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1

16 minutes ago, Zinergy said:

I guess they just used the chief as a mascot for a bit then.

20201111_110015.jpg

Ya I was trying to remember if my old Savage .22 had that emblem. It as long ago, maybe I will ask my brother he is a weapons expert and remembers every detail. Guns are to him are like dirtbikes are to us.

• Like 2