supercross JGR Suzuki closing up shop??

11 hours ago, MANIAC998 said:

Rumor has it that Suzuki will be dropping the support for JGR. What will JGR do now??

JGR should have gone yellow back when Stewart was told they were. They stayed blue and floundered. When they finally switched Suzuki was the one floundering 

KTM could step up and throw them a bone this late in the game.  I don’t think any other manufacturer can

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, mog said:

I think ktm.is maxed out ?

They have deep pockets and JGR will be desperate

Or JGR pulls a rabbit out of their ass and surprises everyone 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mxaniac said:

One of the other manufacturers needs to step up.  Bultaco, Montesa, Ossa, CZ, Rickman, Matchless, AJ Stormer, Can Am, Cagiva, Aprilia, Harley, maybe even Hodaka.

I'm hearing that at least two on that list are currently in talks with Papa Gibbs 

He's so old he thinks their still relevant 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, MotorBoatin said:

I'm hearing that at least two on that list are currently in talks with Papa Gibbs 

He's so old he thinks their still relevant 

Hopefully Harley won't try and replace the shocks with front forks AGAIN.

spacer.png

Edited by mxaniac
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, mxaniac said:

spacer.png

Everyone knows the hot setup now is upside down forks for the back.  Wow, just noticed the disc brake on the rear.  That was certainly ahead of it's time for a dirt bike back in '78-ish.

1 hour ago, mxaniac said:

spacer.png

It's not a front leg. It's a 2 chamber air/spring damper after the familiar vintage Fox Airs. 

image.png

Edited by Momus

If Suzuki doesn't want to take the sport serious any longer, then just let them die. Hate to see it, but they have 1 half-assed sort of Factory effort. I'm sure JGR goes above and beyond with what they have to work with. If they are cutting back even more, then it's not worth giving them the time of day, honestly.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ah665 said:

If Suzuki doesn't want to take the sport serious any longer, then just let them die. Hate to see it, but they have 1 half-assed sort of Factory effort. I'm sure JGR goes above and beyond with what they have to work with. If they are cutting back even more, then it's not worth giving them the time of day, honestly.

Nah, do something positive with their money: dont slam the door shut.

1 hour ago, ah665 said:

Zuke has moved out of dirtbikes for a while now. Selling inexpensive cars to the masses in India is apparently where today's volume is. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ah665 said:

:applause::applause:

2 hours ago, Momus said:

It's not a front leg. It's a 2 chamber air/spring damper after the familiar vintage Fox Airs. 

image.png

I have no first hand knowledge of them, but everything I've read says they are just Kayaba forks.  Really odd, because the front forks were Showa.  But hey, Italian engines in American bikes with Japanese suspension and god only knows what else.  It was probably a lot like the Apollo program, everything was built by the lowest bidder.

Knowing Suzuki was circling the drain with dirt bikes why wasn't there some negotiations with other manufacturers going on earlier?  The only constant with JGR and their issues over the last couple years is Albrecht. 

8 minutes ago, mxaniac said:

I have no first hand knowledge of them, but everything I've read says they are just Kayaba forks.  Really odd, because the front forks were Showa.  But hey, Italian engines in American bikes with Japanese suspension and god only knows what else.  It was probably a lot like the Apollo program, everything was built by the lowest bidder.

https://motocrossactionmag.com/classic-motocross-iron-1975-harley-davidson-mx-250-vintage-bike/

Untitled.thumb.jpg.11dc91b0f69f1aa660a80d368a49d862.jpg

21 hours ago, MANIAC998 said:

Rumor has it that Suzuki will be dropping the support for JGR. What will JGR do now??

Suzuki didn’t drop support, they made them an offer in line with the current market and their results, they declined it. 

• Like 2

Lots of guys wish they had worded things differently at their wedding,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,........................................................................................,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.                                                                                                 NO, I DON'T!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was unaware of this, but Sherco owns Bultaco.  Clearly the market would benefit from a temperamental outdated design with forks that fade faster than the French in a fight and more neutrals then forward moving gears.  I propose JGR Bultaco.