Just wondering

If there will be cross team orders if GasGas starts to wrap up a championship ? Think KTM brass might pull back on the "cheap" brand ??

KTM brass may want to, but Red Bull pulls the strings.  So no.

Now, will Tomac have to fight extra hard through white and orange bikes to get to the red one?  Probably!

Edited by eastreich
  • Like 1

I'd say no. They're still KTMs and most likely just as far from stock as the other KTMs/huskys of the factory teams. A win for Gasgas is still a win for KTM at a certain level.

what a great opportunity to sell a boat load of GasGas bikes if they were to pull it off.  So, my answer is no, not the slightest chance of that happening.

2 hours ago, daled said:

If there will be cross team orders if GasGas starts to wrap up a championship ? Think KTM brass might pull back on the "cheap" brand ??

1 hour ago, eastreich said:

KTM brass may want to, but Red Bull pulls the strings.  So no.

Now, will Tomac have to fight extra hard through white and orange bikes to get to the red one?  Probably!

So who is going to be this championship contender you speak of? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MotorBoatin said:

WHAT ???

you have no faith in the Bamster ??

Just now, MotorBoatin said:

Only one Red Bull sponsored rider on a red bike that has a shot to win SX.

image.png.14cddd449920056b24b4779814c2bbae.png

Off road, the stars could align and Ricky Russel could be out front in GNCC for 2021.  At least I am assuming that Ricky is still going to be on the Coastal team for next year which is switching from being a Husky support team to factory GG.

• Helpful 1

2 hours ago, daled said:

I don't remember where I read it, but *supposedly* Roger D didn't want Barcia on a Gasser because he doesn't want the red KTMs possibly showing up the Orange ones.  I think it was maybe on RacerX but I didn't bookmark it.  Perhaps @GBow521 knows.

Edited by redrider144

1 minute ago, redrider144 said:

I don't remember where I read it, but *supposedly* Roger D didn't want Barcia on a Gasser because he doesn't want the red KTMs possibly showing up the Orange ones.  I think it was maybe on RacerX but I didn't bookmark it.

If history repeats itself, Barcia will start off strong and then fade to top 8 results.  I haven't looked (because I don't care) but does anyone know if Barcia is a Baker Factory guy now?

4 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

I don't remember where I read it, but *supposedly* Roger D didn't want Barcia on a Gasser because he doesn't want the red KTMs possibly showing up the Orange ones.  I think it was maybe on RacerX but I didn't bookmark it.  Perhaps @GBow521 knows.

Naa Roger just doesn't like the idea the Bamster beat his top guy's ass in a slap fight.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, yzernie said:

If history repeats itself, Barcia will start off strong and then fade to top 8 results.  I haven't looked (because I don't care) but does anyone know if Barcia is a Baker Factory guy now?

I read (or maybe heard on PulpMX interview) that he's staying with his own training program.  Of course that doesn't mean that he will never be at the Baker compound.

1 minute ago, Chaconne said:

Naa Roger just doesn't like the idea the Bamster beat his top guy's ass in a slap fight.

Yeah idk, I'm just sayin I read something, but I don't remember where so I can't link it right now.

Edited by redrider144
  • Helpful 1

9 minutes ago, KABLEXXL TRUMP 2020 said:

JB51 posting pics every day,,, he seems HAPPY 🙂

Remember when Bam got his new ride with Yam after JGR.. He slapped coop around and sent him on his way,  he was happy, new life, new wife, great bike, awesome condition.... 7th place....

I am waiting for @MotorBoatin to give the full truth on the Bamster... Which is the same truth since he was on 250s IIRC.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chaconne said:

Remember when Bam got his new ride with Yam after JGR.. He slapped coop around and sent him on his way,  he was happy, new life, new wife, great bike, awesome condition.... 7th place...

I bolded the most important part of your quote.  The BBP.  He's not on that anymore.  Of course he was excited at the time, to land another Factory ride.  He was staring privateer life in the face.

Now he's actually on a bike that he wanted to be on.

Edited by redrider144

15 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

I bolded the most important part of your quote.  The BBP.  He's not on that anymore.  Of course he was excited at the time, to land another Factory ride.  He was staring privateer life in the face.

Now he's actually on a bike that he wanted to be on.

So KTM will get his 7th place or worse for more money... CW, ET, KR, MM, ZO, AC, JA. There is 8th.

Squid claimed in a previous post Bam beats JA so he must know something about JA's injury and even with that it is 7th. Who do you think Bam beats outside of what Squid says about JA? Only injuries get him better IMHO. Bike don't matter.

5 minutes ago, Chaconne said:

So KTM will get his 7th place or worse for more money... CW, ET, KR, MM, ZO, AC, JA. There is 8th.

Squid claimed in a previous post Bam beats JA so he must know something about JA's injury and even with that it is 7th. Who do you think Bam beats outside of what Squid says about JA? Only injuries get him better IMHO. Bike don't matter.

Barcia can beat any of those guys, depending on who gets the start.  If he blows the start, he's finishing behind all of them.  It's Start-O-Cross, you know this.

Put DF14 up there too, along with Sexton.

Edited by redrider144

1 minute ago, redrider144 said:

Barcia can beat any of those guys, depending on who gets the start.  If he blows the start, he's finishing behind all of them.  It's Start-O-Cross, you know this.

Put DF14 up there too.

Bam collapses 9 times out of 10 when faced with CW ET KR MM or JA bearing down on him,  even with a good start. Bam folded like a tent on 450s even back in the day up against Dunge. I am not sure about the new guys we'll have to see. I doubt Bam will hold up playing hardball with Zacho either but that to remains to be seen.