BROC TICKLE TO MCR

Put the guy on the bike that has the burning desire to do it.

Don't employ the guy that doesn't.

Good on MCR and Tony.  I'm pulling for the team, even if I have had a massive dislike of Vince, I have absolutely nothing but respect and admiration for what Genova and Alessi have been able to accomplish with the team.  Kudos to them!

Pretty sure we have seen the last of either Hill brother as a full time pro SX/MX racer...

• Like 7

Ditching Justin Hill is a great move.  So much talent but so little desire to excel at this sport.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, eastreich said:

Pretty sure we have seen the last of either Hill brother as a full time pro SX/MX racer...

Remind us of any other racer who has the talent but not the desire or motivation?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, yzernie said:

Remind us of any other racer who has the talent but not the desire or motivation?

Are you speaking of a guy with 100 wins?

Only one has more wins US and Euro,  seems measurable facts such as results beg to differ.  

Or his little brother.....................

8 minutes ago, Ossidog said:

Only one has more wins US and Euro,  seems measurable facts such as results beg to differ.  

Or his little brother.....................

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, yzernie said:

I don’t begrudge Mookie one bit for the amount of dedication he puts forth. Has he ever really pretended to be 100% committed to racing? Seems to me he races for the enjoyment of it and has no desire to be his brother. He doesn’t owe us fans shit. If he wants to race SX in the winter and fish all summer,good on him if he can find sponsors that are on board with it. 

• Like 5

https://www.vurbmoto.com/mike-genova-can-hire-whoever-he-wants/?fbclid=IwAR23zPHIUYXOhYrV0NqvKJdk0m3lWpl22OZiY2kMNlxvgFc8up3a7-bSavE

Mike Genova Can Hire Whoever He Wants

by Slaw Dog3 days ago

SmarTop/Bullfrog Spas/MotoConcepts Honda (side rant: WE need to do something about this name. Too long, dog) recently announced a four-rider team of Benny Bloss, Shane McElrath and the returning Justin Hill and Vince Friese.

You’d figure a team announcing a four-rider factory supported squad (the biggest 450 effort in the series) would be meet with joy. Nope, this is 2020 and everyone NEEDS TO HAVE AN OPIONON (i.e. A COMPLAINT).

What, Slaw, is this complaint? Glad you asked. I guess, according to the Internet, Vince Friese is not suited to have this ride. You see, the Internet has decided that a private team can’t hire WHOEVER THE F THEY WANT! They should hire X, Y or Z instead.

Here’s the thing: Mike Genova (team owner) has dumped millions upon millions into this sport over a number of years and has provided many of riders a job. So, Mike could hire Slaw for the next five years (hit me up, Mike, I’m a free agent) and tell the rest of you to suck it! Because, guess what: HE OWNS THE TEAM.

But Slaw, so and so deserves a ride over Friese. Wah wah wah. Guess what, if Mike Genova wanted to hire another rider, he could. From what I hear, Genova and Tony Alessi (team manager) like to keep a family-oriented environment around the team. They eat dinners together, go on trips, etc. Vince, who has ridden for the team most of his career, is obviously well-liked by Mike and Tony.

Further, the Internet is acting like Vince is a scrub. He’s not. In 2020, he raced all 17 rounds, grabbed a f ton of good starts (which, hint, is good for sponsors), and finished 14th in points, ahead of Adam Cianciarulo (Note: I’ve been told that AC missed a lot of rounds. So, yeah, but still).

So, in short, Mike Genova should and could hire whoever he wants and you all can continue to complain.

End rant.

• Like 2

Never realized how big Bloss actually is

Guy needs a 650 to be competitive  

Untitled.jpg.e079259c111ef909ea151973a4d6ff3f.jpg

Edited by MotorBoatin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MotorBoatin said:

Never realized how big Bloss actually is

Guy needs a 650 to be competitive  

Untitled.jpg.e079259c111ef909ea151973a4d6ff3f.jpg

He said he was 6'11" at age 14.  The next closest kid in class was 5'8".

15 hours ago, Ossidog said:

He could have had a lot more if he had decided not to play the shenanigan game.  I respect his talent, him as a person, not so much.

14 hours ago, timmyp8823 said:

I don’t begrudge Mookie one bit for the amount of dedication he puts forth. Has he ever really pretended to be 100% committed to racing? Seems to me he races for the enjoyment of it and has no desire to be his brother. He doesn’t owe us fans shit. If he wants to race SX in the winter and fish all summer,good on him if he can find sponsors that are on board with it. 

If I was a team owner I wouldn't want to hire someone who doesn't give 100%.  You are correct he doesn't owe us  fans anything but IMO he sure does owe 100% to his employer.  I guess that is the difference between my generation and today.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, yzernie said:

JA21....yep, sure does.

Edited by Wally63
  • Like 1

Different "reasons" for Hill are coming out.  He wouldn't give up his O'Neal deal.  He didn't get along with Tony.  I know when he was here last August my friends said he seemed like a good down to earth guy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yzernie said:

He could have had a lot more if he had decided not to play the shenanigan game.  I respect his talent, him as a person, not so much.

If I was a team owner I wouldn't want to hire someone who doesn't give 100%.  You are correct he doesn't owe us  fans anything but IMO he sure does owe 100% to his employer.  I guess that is the difference between my generation and today.

They know what they are getting when they hire him. It’s not like he’s a 16 years old kid that is mailing it in during his first contract. And save the “my generation” crap. I work with old guys who are piles of shit and I have some 18-22 year olds who bust ass 50-60 hours a week. Generation has nothing to do with it. Some people have a motor,some don’t. Simple as that. 

17 hours ago, Ossidog said:

Was he ever really in? 

Yes, all he had to do was fly to California and sign a contract by a certain date and he never did. 

• Helpful 1

1 hour ago, GBow521 said:

Yes, all he had to do was fly to California and sign a contract by a certain date and he never did. 

I think this Covid shits got people wanting different things. Monty was all about business at one time but its been awhile.