BROC TICKLE TO MCR

Hill better have some pretty solid offer on the table to walk away in this economic climate. Either that or a decent job away from sport he can go to. 

3 minutes ago, Into the sunset said:

Hill better have some pretty solid offer on the table to walk away in this economic climate. Either that or a decent job away from sport he can go to. 

He has no shortage of cash. 

8 hours ago, timmyp8823 said:

And save the “my generation” crap. I work with old guys who are piles of shit and I have some 18-22 year olds who bust ass 50-60 hours a week. 

So, you lump my morals into the group of POS's.  How totally ignorant of you.    

9 minutes ago, yzernie said:

So, you lump my morals into the group of POS's.  How totally ignorant of you.    

And you cherry pick two sentences to attempt to be offended by? I assume you’re being purposely obtuse to not “get” the point I was trying to make. Age has nothing to do with anything. Work ethic is an individual attribute. Hopefully I simplified it enough for you this time. But it is somewhat humorous that you take offense to(falsely)being lumped into a group mere hours after trying to claim an entire  generation is somehow superior. There have been racers of all generations that didn’t give it everything they had for whatever the reason. 

1 hour ago, timmyp8823 said:

And you cherry pick two sentences to attempt to be offended by? I assume you’re being purposely obtuse to not “get” the point I was trying to make. Age has nothing to do with anything. Work ethic is an individual attribute. Hopefully I simplified it enough for you this time. But it is somewhat humorous that you take offense to(falsely)being lumped into a group mere hours after trying to claim an entire  generation is somehow superior. There have been racers of all generations that didn’t give it everything they had for whatever the reason. 

While you're mostly correct, a very significant problem exists with the 30 and under crowd.  Significant enough that fortune 500 companies are shiting bricks.  I know this because 1). I was involved in a recruiting program for a fortune 500 company trying to resolve these issues by flushing large amounts of cash at people that felt it was unreasonable to expect them to show up to work everyday.  2). I was teaching at a very well known university where the students would arbitrarily decide they had no interest in completing assignments and tried to boycott them.  I literally had to prevent students from graduating on more than one occasion until they completed coursework after the semester ended.  They actually thought it was OK to not complete things because they had other things they would prefer to do.  3). I know of numerous examples first hand of companies investing in automation because they can no longer get people to work.

I do know if some great hard working people under 30, but it's no longer the norm it's the exception.

• Like 4

It's literally the same shit every generation has said about the next generation. "They're lazy and I dont like their music or haircuts". What's ironic is that the previous generation raised the next generation and created the political, economical and ideological environment the next generation grew up in. Which obviously plays a huge role in who they are. Of course at some point they begin to form they're own ideas, beliefs etc but those core values they learned at a younger age still play a factor even when forming their ideas, beliefs etc.

Edited by Zinergy
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Zinergy said:

It's literally the same shit every generation has said about the next generation. "They're lazy and I dont like their music or haircuts". What's ironic is that the previous generation raised the next generation and created the political, economical and ideological environment the next generation grew up in. Which obviously plays a huge role in who they are. Of course at some point they begin to form they're own ideas, beliefs etc but those core values they learned at a younger age still play a factor even when forming their ideas, beliefs etc.

Exactly   :applause:

14 minutes ago, Zinergy said:

I find there to be a big difference between the current generation of youths and previous generations. The current crop has been raised by helicoptering, PC, Karen's and their &%$#@!ing participation awards. Shitty parenting has given us a generation of seriously weak minded youth that can't handle adversity or follow instructions. Try correcting them when they're not doing something right and they get so butt hurt you'd think you just assaulted their mommie. I've been training my employees for 30+ years and a scary number of the current youth are completely useless snowflakes. 

Toss in the disgruntled, conspiracy seeking adults that want to do nothing but complain about politics or the opposing political party and you realize the workforce has totally gone to shit....well, at least in the construction trades it has. 

Smart phones have ruined today's kids 

They don't have any aspirations

You offer them to ride a Mx bike or BMX etc and it's all too hard work 

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

9 minutes ago, indy rider said:

I find there to be a big difference between the current generation of youths and previous generations. The current crop has been raised by helicoptering, PC, Karen's and their &%$#@!ing participation awards. Shitty parenting has given us a generation of seriously weak minded youth that can't handle adversity or follow instructions. Try correcting them when they're not doing something right and they get so butt hurt you'd think you just assaulted their mommie. I've been training my employees for 30+ years and a scary number of the current youth are completely useless snowflakes. 

Toss in the disgruntled, conspiracy seeking adults that want to do nothing but complain about politics or the opposing political party and you realize the workforce has totally gone to shit....well, at least in the construction trades it has. 

I think you're missing the point that the generation before yours thinks yours is a bunch of weaklings as well. Those who fought in the trenches of ww1 think those nancys who didnt live in hole for 4 years and crawl through mustard gas in ww2 are weak. Those who fought in ww2 think the boomers many of which dodged a war and just want love and peace to thrive were weak and so on. As the saying goes good times create weak people. And we have had some good times for the past 70 or so years. We keep wanting more and to make things better for the next gen and it makes them weaker. It will continue to progress until hard times fall on us again. 

Edited by Zinergy

Kids don't want to play together in the streets ,that's never happened before 

• Helpful 1

9 minutes ago, mog said:

Kids don't want to play together in the streets ,that's never happened before 

Yep and the current covid environment is only going to amplify this.

I'm not denying there are differences between the current gen and those of the past. Just that the previous generations always have similar grips about the next. And they seem to think they're the first generation to have these grips about the next.

Edited by Zinergy

6 minutes ago, Zinergy said:

I think you're missing the point that the generation before yours thinks yours is a bunch of weaklings as well. Those who fought in the trenches of ww1 think those nancys who didnt live in hole for 4 years and crawl through mustard gas in ww2 are weak. Those who fought in ww2 think the boomers many of which dodged a war and just want love and peace to thrive were weak and so on. As the saying goes good times create weak people. And we have had some good times for the past 70 or so years. We keep wanting more and to make things better for the next gen and it makes them weaker. It will continue to progress until hard times fall on us again. 

Big difference between the past generations thinking our long hair or music was inappropriate and the current youth being mental and physical snowflakes that can't handle adversity, criticism or being reprimanded by their employers. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, indy rider said:

Big difference between the past generations thinking our long hair or music was inappropriate and the current youth being mental and physical snowflakes that can't handle adversity, criticism or being reprimanded by their employers. 

Trust... the previous generation of yours thinks yours is just as weak and lazy as you think the current one is.

Edited by Zinergy

Try to find kids physically able to put up hay all day long in the heat of summer. In the past, one or two out of 10 couldn't handle it and would be throwing up and quitting after 30 minutes. Now a days, 8 out of 10 can't handle it, throw up and quit. The worst part is that 3-4 of those 8 will actually cry about it. And that's not a joke, they literally shed tears when the melt down. 

12 minutes ago, indy rider said:

Try to find kids physically able to put up hay all day long in the heat of summer. In the past, one or two out of 10 couldn't handle it and would be throwing up and quitting after 30 minutes. Now a days, 8 out of 10 can't handle it, throw up and quit. The worst part is that 3-4 of those 8 will actually cry about it. And that's not a joke, they literally shed tears when the melt down. 

And the previous generation of yours is thinking "try and find a kid who lived through the great depression and then had to fight a world war at 18. Half of them would just cry if facedwith this reality". I'm not saying the current generation isnt weaker than the last. Just like yours is weaker then the previous.

Like I said the ironic part is that the generation doing the complaining is often the generation that raised the generation they are complaining about. And many of them say "my kids arent like that though, I raised them to understand hard work etc". They wash their hands of any blame by adding that sentence in. They're just complaining about other people's kids of course.

Edited by Zinergy

2 minutes ago, Zinergy said:

Trust... the previous generation of yours thinks yours is just as weak and lazy as you think the current one is.

Weak and lazy? lol Sorry but mine would say the opposite and did.

Neither my father, uncles or grandfathers were any where near as physically fit as I am and they clocked in and just earned hourly from someone else. I've started and run my own business and provided jobs to others my entire adult life...with zero financial help from anyone to do so. And could destroy them in any sort of physical activity when they were in their prime. 

6 minutes ago, indy rider said:

Weak and lazy? lol Sorry but mine would say the opposite and did.

Neither my father, uncles or grandfathers were any where near as physically fit as I am and they clocked in and just earned hourly from someone else. I've started and run my own business and provided jobs to others my entire adult life...with zero financial help from anyone to do so. And could destroy them in any sort of physical activity when they were in their prime. 

So you're saying your father and grandfathers generations were weak and you could have easily lived through and done everything they did?

I think all of my points/this convo are going right over your head. Especially since you just made a converstion about generations... about you personally.

Edited by Zinergy

6 minutes ago, Zinergy said:

I think all of my points/this convo are going right over your head. Especially since you just made a converstion about generations... about you personally.

Yea, the generations of my family. Personal experience is a pretty good metric for forming opinions. Should I based my views on the matter based on the generations of your family...who I've never met?