tim2007

Holcombe does it again

6 hours ago, motoxgiant said:

60km is a little over 37 miles. Not surprised if he ran out - we're lucky to get 40 miles on a tank without twisting the throttle the way Freeman does. Unforced error on the team's part.

You can’t refuel within 60 km?

20 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

You can’t refuel within 60 km?

At last weeks event in Portugal round 1 you could, the course was 68km in length. Team fuel cans out on course and only the rider could refuel the bike out on course. At the paddock the team can fuel. 

Portugal round 2 just gone, the course was 60 Km in length. I am guessing the same rules above apply , however even if it did not Brad managed to ride the lap 2 times without running out of fuel. My bet would be not filling enough trying to save weight, plenty of 125s at these events with smaller tanks doing the same lap. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Neomxdave said:

At last weeks event in Portugal round 1 you could, the course was 68km in length. Team fuel cans out on course and only the rider could refuel the bike out on course. At the paddock the team can fuel. 

Portugal round 2 just gone, the course was 60 Km in length. I am guessing the same rules above apply , however even if it did not Brad managed to ride the lap 2 times without running out of fuel. My bet would be not filling enough trying to save weight, plenty of 125s at these events with smaller tanks doing the same lap. 

So if the same as day 1 Brad might be just extra sick because he just should have put more fuel. That’s one possible scenario of what happened? . .. just didn’t put enough fuel ? It wouldn’t be the first time for a big race..

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=run+out+of+gas+on+the+last+lap

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

That's it. It was only the last test so it might have only taken 500ml less to give him the issue and not finish the event.

You could join the conspiracy crew. 

Team orders, beta wanted a 4t to win so they did not give Brad enough fuel 🙈

We might find out soon with Brads vlog

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Neomxdave said:

That's it. It was only the last test so it might have only taken 500ml less to give him the issue and not finish the event.

You could join the conspiracy crew. 

Team orders, beta wanted a 4t to win so they did not give Brad enough fuel 🙈

We might find out soon with Brads vlog

I don’t buy that..  I think he and the team just &%$#@!ed up and just didn’t fill enough fuel when he was supposed to.... I mean every rider knows he is supposed to check his gas. It’s every riders responsibility. Even if his team didn’t..  But that’s racing. Who knows what really went down but I bet he doesn’t forget to check his gas next time.

• Like 2

From a VitalMX member which includes a photo of the minder and Brad eyeballing the gas cap. (I'm on the wrong computer to post the photo) It appears to be his girlfriend, there is long blond hair.

"They refueled him before last stage, on stage and after that on way to pits. Should have been disqualified from event but I guess you do this if you have chance to become world champion. Rules are clear."

Edited by Johnny Depp
  • Like 1

On 11/18/2020 at 6:17 AM, Johnny Depp said:

From a VitalMX member which includes a photo of the minder and Brad eyeballing the gas cap. (I'm on the wrong computer to post the photo) It appears to be his girlfriend, there is long blond hair.

"They refueled him before last stage, on stage and after that on way to pits. Should have been disqualified from event but I guess you do this if you have chance to become world champion. Rules are clear."

They refueled who and where? And?? You aren’t clear on what happened  what evidence ... etc. Who is saying this?  This makes no sense if he didn’t have enough gas to finish...  Info is still incomplete. 

What exactly are the rules on filling gas...

Refuelling is only allowed at specific places/work areas in Enduro, not out on the course.  However, for a rider to be disqualified ( & that's not necessarily the penalty for this, it may be a fine or time penalty) an official would need clear evidence & someone may have to put in a protest too.   

Whilst everything is saying he ran out of fuel, check out where you see him at the start of this excellent video (check out some of the rock riding, those guys have huge talent). I've run out of fuel on 2 strokes many times and they have never sounded like this at that point.  Maybe it was really a mechanical/electrical issue but the factory don't like riders to say so, could even have been a flooding carb. I remember a factory Honda TT rider saying that he always had to tell journalists that a breakdown was electrical, and it was real embarrassing one time as there was oil pouring out of the bottom of the fairing where a conrod had let go. 

• Helpful 1

3 hours ago, tim2007 said:

Refuelling is only allowed at specific places/work areas in Enduro, not out on the course.  However, for a rider to be disqualified ( & that's not necessarily the penalty for this, it may be a fine or time penalty) an official would need clear evidence & someone may have to put in a protest too.   

Whilst everything is saying he ran out of fuel, check out where you see him at the start of this excellent video (check out some of the rock riding, those guys have huge talent). I've run out of fuel on 2 strokes many times and they have never sounded like this at that point.  Maybe it was really a mechanical/electrical issue but the factory don't like riders to say so, could even have been a flooding carb. I remember a factory Honda TT rider saying that he always had to tell journalists that a breakdown was electrical, and it was real embarrassing one time as there was oil pouring out of the bottom of the fairing where a conrod had let go. 

Yeah could be water mud got in past the filter or  idk???  ... those are brutal conditions so could be lots of scenarios.. Yeah this video is hardcore. .. and wow those guys can ride!!!!!!

• Like 2