CMJ

S.Cal Never leave a rider behind. Even when you're racing.

Going over my son's race footage from Saturday and I found this.  I was pretty proud to see him stop and help a racer in need.

Edited by CMJ
  • Like 15
  • Helpful 6
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Dirtymutt9 said:

thats pretty cool that he stopped to help!

is he on a 65?

He's on an 85.

Very cool - He's figured out it's just a silly race. Meanwhile all the big he men push their way through... You should be proud.

• Like 3

Well played ...  I have given up a win to help an injured rider .  Lapped rider fell on rocks , broke ankle and was trapped under bike .  Pulled bike off him ,  rode him double back to start , then took grandson to retrieve his bike .   That was My win .   Who needs another dammed trophy .... Be a proud poppa ...

• Like 4
  • Helpful 2

15 hours ago, CMJ said:

Going over my son's race footage from Saturday and I found this.  I was pretty proud to see him stop and help a racer in need.

SOLID

• Like 2

16 hours ago, CMJ said:

You have raised a good kid and should be proud. This video made my day. Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

48 minutes ago, Jeff aka Bolt said:

I thought that's what sweep riders were for. :doh:

Sometimes you just have to stop and render aid .....    great  for all mankind .....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jeff aka Bolt said:

I thought that's what sweep riders were for. :doh:

Sometimes you got to be the sheepdog.  I don't think Dash would have let him stay pinned there for over an hour.  

How the pros do it...  Colton Haaker running in 3rd stops for Taylor Robert @ King of The Motos 2017.  Around 4 minute mark. 

Edited by manwithgun
  • Like 2

Nicely Done!  That is why the desert family is the best right there.  I have stopped a few times to check on or pick someone up.

A+ kiddo, be proud of that.

Always stop and do a wellness check if nothing else, and report the number at the next check.  Unless you're top 5 on the Pro line, you're not losing anything important by 10-30 seconds.

• Like 1

Too much positive reinforcement is a slippery slope...  First comes an inflated sense of self...  Then trophies for losing...  Then peaceful protests for BLM & Antifa so his riding gear can be repurposed for combat with cops and stomping little old ladies ...  Don't forget optional gender assignment...  But don't worry he/she can have the surgery on his/her/they's parents insurance until 26 ! 

Yep... Tell him next time to just roost the bastard...  That's what he gets for laying in the dirt during a race !

1477592106_floydlaughing.jpg.058e0fc02e0824c3ac4a0d7a085fdf12.jpg

• Angry 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, Jeff aka Bolt said:

Too much positive reinforcement is a slippery slope...  First comes an inflated sense of self...  Then trophies for losing...  Then peaceful protests for BLM & Antifa so his riding gear can be repurposed for combat with cops and stomping little old ladies ...  Don't forget optional gender assignment...  But don't worry he/she can have the surgery on his/her/they's parents insurance until 26 ! 

Yep... Tell him next time to just roost the bastard...  That's what he gets for laying in the dirt during a race !

1477592106_floydlaughing.jpg.058e0fc02e0824c3ac4a0d7a085fdf12.jpg

NO HALP!!!

• Haha 3