Old school - Brad Lackey.

13 minutes ago, DEATH_INC. said:

Does anyone here know the real reason Brad Lackey never had a ride as world champ? There's always been a few rumors floating around, but surely by now someone knows the truth behind it.

It's popped up in a conversation elsewhere and piqued My curiosity again.

The rumors I heard were just that he was an @$$hole, but lets not forget that nobody was racing at 28 back then.  I mean geez, 28 ripe old years hell life is almost over by then.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mxaniac said:

The rumors I heard were just that he was an @$$hole, but lets not forget that nobody was racing at 28 back then.  I mean geez, 28 ripe old years hell life is almost over by then.

That's pretty much what I'd heard too, but I thought there may actually be more to it. I suppose 28 was getting on back then.

Edited by DEATH_INC.

37 minutes ago, DEATH_INC. said:

Does anyone here know the real reason Brad Lackey never had a ride as world champ? There's always been a few rumors floating around, but surely by now someone knows the truth behind it.

It's popped up in a conversation elsewhere and piqued My curiosity again.

He talks about it at the very end of this video.  Basically he said he saw all these guys with #1 plates getting maimed for life and it rattled him a little.  He was over it and asked for a king's ransom if he was to keep doing it.  So it was his way out because he knew no one would offer him what he wanted.

• Like 4

I remember back then what Suzuki said, they loved Vromans and disliked Lackey because they couldn’t deal with him and they were done with him. They wanted to fire him but couldn’t because of his contract.  

I later got to know him a little and know that he had offers but him and his wife decided they were over it 

Cagiva offered him more money then he was ever offered before to test and ride in the US and he said nope. 

• Helpful 1

Just now, GBow521 said:

I remember back then what Suzuki said, they loved Vromans and disliked Lackey because they couldn’t deal with him and they were done with him. They wanted to fire him but couldn’t because of his contract.  

I later got to know him a little and know that he had offers but him and his wife decided they were over it 

Cagiva offered him more money then he was ever offered before to test and ride in the US and he said nope. 

Interesting times, Cagiva was throwing buckets of money at everyone back then.