DesertCR

motocross Kenny won on a stock bike....

51 minutes ago, ah665 said:

While this is all true, sometimes it is a 2-way street. With my side endeavors, we were helping some pro-level riders and I just know from the guys who were wrenching and building the bikes, that sometimes the riders always want to change every little thing after a practice or race and end up themselves getting farther and farther away from an effective set-up. SO I'm sure the same thing can happen with the Factory teams.

Like if you have a guy that his whole life revolves around knowing every little detail with suspension, sometimes he knows better than a rider who doesn't even know how to (sometimes) change a tire.

An example of this is when Bones was working on suspension for someone at PC(maybe Villo or Weimer?) and he told them that he'd made some clicker adjustments, but really he just clicked them back and forth to the same spot. The rider went out and said that the bike felt way better, not knowing that it was the exact same settings. So it for sure goes both ways. Sometimes the rider knows better, and sometimes they don't want to take responsibility for their riding.

• Helpful 1

12 hours ago, MotorBoatin said:

And Sleeter is an ass-hole 

He does seem pretty full of himself.

56 minutes ago, EnglertRacing said:

sometimes people fetish about certain aspects of a setup, and can even end up ignoring another aspect that would have a much greater effect, it happens in all forms of motorsports.

the faster guys are the ones whos "fetishes" cover the most important factors.

an example would be someone fetishizing about skid plate mounting when their valving is out to lunch.... maybe work on that first....

while the guy who is lapping him doesn't give a dam about the skidplate, but has the suspension sorted.

That would be @redrider144 to a tee proving it effects even slower guys. And when he is done fetishizing bike stuff he turns his attention to fetishizing bungholes. And don't get Mog started on his dyno curve fetish or we will have grapple with Petabytes of KTM adulation.

Edited by Chaconne

14 minutes ago, Chaconne said:

That would be @redrider144 to a tee proving it effects even slower guys. And when he is done fetishizing bike stuff he turns his attention to fetishizing bungholes. And don't get Mog started on his dyno curve fetish or we will have grapple with Petabytes of KTM adulation.

mog has valid fetishes,

horsepower and suspenders

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, EnglertRacing said:

mog has valid fetishes,

horsepower and suspenders

But getting to old to use the power lol 

We have no riding in UK at the moment ,locked down again 

• Sad 2

54 minutes ago, Chaconne said:

That would be @redrider144 to a tee proving it effects even slower guys. A

You don't know me, lil B.  And I'll bet you're slow too, so suck it.

I don't have fetishes.  I wanted spring forks, so I got them.  Now I'm working through chassis setup to find good balance.  What feels stable in loose rocks doesn't translate well to dirt and vice versa.  I'll probably end up with different sag depending on where I'm riding.  That's not abnormal.

Edited by redrider144
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KABLEXXL TRUMP 2020 said:

why the hate for skeeter?

No hate. Anyone that thinks that bike was stock is an &%$#@! 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, redrider144 said:

KTM abandoned the 200 though.

Only because the tiny new 125 engine bottom end couldn't support a 200cc now. Hence the 150's.

The 200 stopped, when the new 125's started. for good reason.

I could fit a 125 bottom end in the centre console of my car. They're tiny.

Edited by Drop-Bear
  • Helpful 1

1 hour ago, mog said:

Who's locked you down? 

Oh, right, your ........ servants.

You have constitutional rights, and human rights. Use them, or same as us, lose them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mog said:

Why no riding?? The cops gonna chase 50 year old guys around the woods?? Sure if you go to a track with everybody else they can say no. But out in swamp/sticks I doubt it. When everyone else was inside breathing each other's farts I got in some of the best riding and mountain biking in the Spring during lockdown. I don't mind riding alone so it is all good even better actually no one else is around.

7 minutes ago, Drop-Bear said:

Who's locked you down? 

Oh, right, your ........ servants.

You have constitutional rights, and human rights. Use them, or same as us, lose them.

Go away 

3 minutes ago, Chaconne said:

Why no riding?? The cops gonna chase 50 year old guys around the woods?? Sure if you go to a track with everybody else they can say no. But out in swamp/sticks I doubt it. When everyone else was inside breathing each other's farts I got in some of the best riding and mountain biking in the Spring during lockdown. I don't mind riding alone so it is all good even better actually no one else is around.

We don't have area like that ,this is the UK 

1 minute ago, mog said:

We don't have area like that ,this is the UK 

Where are you anyway? Near London? That is something I love about the US even fairly close to our urban areas there is a lot of open space.

They don't hand it out for free and if you abuse it like some of the ATV dickheads then the police or EPA agents will show up. But I mind my own business toss a few $$ to those whose land I use and all is good. Industrial wasteland,  swamps,  and places where no one wants to go make great riding areas.

I am 50 miles from Boston so it ain't like I am where there is real rural country like Red.

38 minutes ago, Chaconne said:

Where are you anyway? Near London? That is something I love about the US even fairly close to our urban areas there is a lot of open space.

They don't hand it out for free and if you abuse it like some of the ATV dickheads then the police or EPA agents will show up. But I mind my own business toss a few $$ to those whose land I use and all is good. Industrial wasteland,  swamps,  and places where no one wants to go make great riding areas.

I am 50 miles from Boston so it ain't like I am where there is real rural country like Red.

That’s what’s great about the west, we still have actual land to ride. 

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

1 hour ago, Drop-Bear said:

Only because the tiny new 125 engine bottom end couldn't support a 200cc now. Hence the 150's.

The 200 stopped, when the new 125's started. for good reason.

I could fit a 125 bottom end in the centre console of my car. They're tiny.

Yes, it's unfortunate though.  Because the 200 was to the 2stroke line what the 350 is to the 4stroke line.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, mog said:

I'm in the Midlands 

Oh so around Birmingham? I was in the UK last year wish I spent more time there mostly in London and Cambridge. Is it more open up in the North in like Scotland some of those places up north seem kind of desolate --good for riding.:ride:

9 minutes ago, Chaconne said:

Oh so around Birmingham? I was in the UK last year wish I spent more time there mostly in London and Cambridge. Is it more open up in the North in like Scotland some of those places up north seem kind of desolate --good for riding.:ride:

Yes not far 

The Midlands and south are pretty much full of people ,you don't have riding areas apart from Mx tracks and a few enduro tracks etc 

Most places you ride are organised events 

You can ride on some trails on a road registered bike but I have never gone into that 

The north ( Scotland ) west ( wales ) and east sides are more open 

But Wales is where most enduros are ,it's a good 3-4 hours from me 

Never been Scotland,I hear the weather is worse than where I am ,that has no appeal lol 

It's about 6 hours from me 

I'm a track guy , I know woods etc would be fun but it's a different world here , you don't have public land you can go for miles 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, mog said:

Yes not far 

The Midlands and south are pretty much full of people ,you don't have riding areas apart from Mx tracks and a few enduro tracks etc 

Most places you ride are organised events 

You can ride on some trails on a road registered bike but I have never gone into that 

The north ( Scotland ) west ( wales ) and east sides are more open 

But Wales is where most enduros are ,it's a good 3-4 hours from me 

Never been Scotland,I hear the weather is worse than where I am ,that has no appeal lol 

It's about 6 hours from me 

I'm a track guy , I know woods etc would be fun but it's a different world here , you don't have public land you can go for miles 

The luckier Poms were sent to Australia as convicts. Hard to believe they called being sent here punishment IMO :D.
I reckon being made to stay in the UK would be closer to real punishment.
Mrs is a Pom. I've had a lot of chances to go over there. Can't say I have any interest in doing so tbh. Way too many people for me.

Canada sounds nice, other than that, I wouldn't mind seeing NZ.

I can ride out of my driveway, and ride, by tracks, all the way to Nowra in NSW, which takes 7 full days.

They call it "The Seven Deadly Sins Ride" It's an annual thing. You can go from Nowra in NSW, to Traralgon in Vic, or catch the return ride back to NSW.
I'm just out of Traralgon.
I used to ride to my local MX track from my driveway, It's quicker to ride there through the bush, than it is to drive, and there's about 5 more within an hours drive. But, you can't ride them unless there's a medic at the track.

Traralgon, Yallourne, Kurrumburra, Bairnsdale, Mafra/Newry, Yarram (That's private property, so don't need a medic on site, but, It's not maintained, they only prep it once a yr for the Gippsland Centre series rnd).
And a ride park an hour away in Sale.
Plus my mates place 5 minutes away has an MX track, and enduro loop, where most of the pro's practice. Jed Beaton was practicing there a lot. He likes a rough track, so they were doing much work on that either last time I was there. It was as rough as guts.

Not punished. Spoilt :D

Edited by Drop-Bear
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Drop-Bear said:

The luckier Poms were sent to Australia as convicts. Hard to believe they called being sent here punishment IMO :D.
I reckon being made to stay in the UK would be closer to real punishment.
Mrs is a Pom. I've had a lot of chances to go over there. Can't say I have any interest in doing so tbh. Way too many people for me.

Canada sounds nice, other than that, I wouldn't mind seeing NZ.

I can ride out of my driveway, and ride, by tracks, all the way to Nowra in NSW, which takes 7 full days.

They call it "The Seven Deadly Sins Ride" It's an annual thing. You can go from Nowra in NSW, to Traralgon in Vic, of catch the return ride back to NSW.

Ya I can ride off of my driveway too. But I would go to the UK in a second it is fun place in its own way. I love the UK and Ireland. Like all places they have their pluses and minuses. Overall a plus for me at least. 

I'll get to Aussie and NZ at some point but it is a longer haul and harder to get employers to pay for it. I work for a Brit tech company so it is a little easier to justify travel to the UK. I would love to catch the Aussie Open as part of a vacation then do some dirtriding out in the country. :ride: