motocross Show Blake the money

1 hour ago, GBow521 said:

Neither are in financial trouble.  

Leading Japanese machinery maker Kawasaki Heavy Industries says it will spin off its struggling motorcycle and engine businesses next year as part of a major restructuring.

The company announced on Monday that it plans to spin off its motorcycle manufacturing and sales division and Rolling Stock division, which manufactures both conventional and bullet trains.

Kawasaki says it hopes the move will speed up decision-making and improve its financial situation

https://blog.motorcycle.com/2020/11/02/manufacturers/kawasaki/kawasaki-will-spin-off-its-motorcycle-division/

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

44 minutes ago, MotorBoatin said:

Kawasaki says it hopes the move will speed up decision-making and improve its financial situation

Could be tax reasons, idk.  If everything is under one umbrella, you can't write off the losses from motorcycles.  If it's a separate entity, you can.

Google did something similar when they created Alphabet.

• Helpful 1

23 minutes ago, mxaniac said:

Didn't you guys know, Red and Chaconne are actually bots.

And realistic ones to boot

f1241f54e42c919c64afc4c99e50f473.jpg.e6953818ae319504a8f841835e3e36b9.jpg

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, MotorBoatin said:

Leading Japanese machinery maker Kawasaki Heavy Industries says it will spin off its struggling motorcycle and engine businesses next year as part of a major restructuring.

The company announced on Monday that it plans to spin off its motorcycle manufacturing and sales division and Rolling Stock division, which manufactures both conventional and bullet trains.

https://blog.motorcycle.com/2020/11/02/manufacturers/kawasaki/kawasaki-will-spin-off-its-motorcycle-division/

I heard they were restructuring for tax purposes. I could be wrong tho. 

• Helpful 1

3 hours ago, redrider144 said:

So it's all or nothing contracts?  Seems like a good deal for the sponsors.

No, you race on Saturday, you’re paid on Monday. No race on Saturday, no pay. Every team was sitting with no money coming in but still trying to pay riders.  

A lot of riders didn’t get all their pay and some didn’t like it.  

• Like 4
  • Helpful 1

7 minutes ago, GBow521 said:

I heard they were restructuring for tax purposes. I could be wrong tho. 

That is what they say at the Shareholder meetings... They are dumping the MC division to stop the bleeding.  Kawasaki will still report to KHI, but they will be responsible for standing on their own financial abilities.  If they can't, they will be opened to investors. 

At least that seems the standard these days.

I say all this with a bit of "tongue in cheek", because I hope the best for Kawasaki, as I do for Suzuki.  Healthy companies create competition, which makes the product we buy, better. 

And we really don't need another color of KTM.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, GBow521 said:

No, you race on Saturday, you’re paid on Monday. No race on Saturday, no pay. Every team was sitting with no money coming in but still trying to pay riders.  

A lot of riders didn’t get all their pay and some didn’t like it.  

Ahh, thanks for clarifying.  Makes more sense now.

Maybe it it's still bad for us 

Maybe tomacs bike blowing was the last straw 😂

• Like 2

How long will it take for ET to phone home? Maybe KTM? Someone has to foot that bill or retirement might happen.

4 hours ago, weimedog said:

How long will it take for ET to phone home? Maybe KTM? Someone has to foot that bill or retirement might happen.

Kawasaki is fine, they have those Monster $$$ to draw from.  This is most likely a restructuring for tax reasons.

I don't know that Kawasaki will be fine.  Suzuki isn't fine in the dirt bike industry, Harley isn't fine in the street bike industry, where is all this headed?  People are making a career out of playing effing video games now.  In a world where the populace is a consumer instead of a creator I'm just not certain where things will lead.  Then again, that's what they said when the tractor was created too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

the question is why were they doing contract talks on BB contract ? Didn't he have another year on the current contract ? I smell a rat ....

Edited by Budlite

1 hour ago, Budlite said:

the question is why were they doing contract talks on BB contract ? Didn't he have another year on the current contract ? I smell a rat ....

If team sponsors did not pay, due to the number of races held, or other stipulations in those contracts that could have occurred do to that which we speak not of, then the team may have wanted to restructure Blake's contract (if they don't have the $, they can't give him the $), aka "force majeure" on any and all contracts.

From what has been said on other forums, the team asked him to restructure, he said no, and here we all are.  Due to legalese, I am sure that there are lawyers working in the background and nothing will be said one way or the other by any of the involved parties until legal avenues are closed up, and even then, due to non-disclosure agreements we may never know.

• Like 2