What are the worst injuries that you have faced?

Today is a first, severe whiplash from a wheelie loop out, im in a lot of pain right now but pretty sure my back isnt broken however. I don't know, i am really lucky, i have never broken a bone once in my life.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1999. Yz250, ... 56 yrs old,..(.2yrs ago, )  ON the concrete, in the street, whiskey throttled a wheelie in third gear, broke both my wrist.  My head was the first to hit, thank God I had a helmet, .... didn't put a SCRATCH on the bike.  ....-not, a smart move-

Edited by Rixter
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Not on dirt bike, but rather a street crash. While riding home one day 6 years ago, a car turned left in front of me. I was doing about 30 mph, and locked the front and rear brakes, but still hit the broadside of the car, flew over and landed awkwardly on the face and chest. I woke up 6 days later. I fortunately had very good gear, full face helmet, riding boots, gauntlet gloves, and riding jacket or else I would have probably not made it. I did however break all of my ribs on the right side, my sternum, c3 thru c6 in my neck, my right scapula, collapsed my right lung, ruptured my aorta, and had more than 20 fractures in my spine (transverse processes). I spent two weeks in ICU, and a total of 28 days in the hospital. I started riding again a couple of months later, but not an everyday rider like I was before. I ride dirt more now than street, but still suffer from nerve damage that has my left hand numb. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2007. Crashed my yz250 in the sand.  Head first sorta deal.   Broke my collar bone, split my shoulder blade, broke 2 ribs, bruised a lung and had swelling in my spleen.  All on my left side.   Also had compression fracture ( think that’s what it’s called) in a vertebrae in my lower back. But that was a different incident

• Like 3

I rode and raced mx for alot of years without any major injury but my number finally got called. At 37 years of age. I was pretty lucky up until that point 

Screenshot_20200910-092742_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20200910-092707_Facebook.jpg

• Like 2

My worst was the injury that took me out of 2 races for recovery after breaking my leg at Sears Point in Ca. during the 2003 AMA 250Grand Prix season.

Here we were moments before the start of the race. (I'm on the 66 bike) 

406029796_AMA250GP00022.jpg.caf6a7876e871970395da39a127dbec4.jpg

I've had worse injuries physically, but that was the injury I hated the most.

Edited by ss-racing
  • Like 1

"We'd" who the hell is "We'd"??

My worst injury...............when I raced MX my EGO was injured many times when a few of the MX womens class would pass me like right before the finish!!! OUCH (it really hurt when they would turn and smile at me!!!)

Actual worst injury, torn Hip fascia muscle ripped off bone and broken collar bone same time.

• Haha 1

On 1/16/2021 at 7:50 PM, ss-racing said:

My worst was the injury that took me out of 2 races for recovery after breaking my leg at Sears Point in Ca. during the 2003 AMA 250Grand Prix season.

Here we were moments before the start of the race. (I'm on the 66 bike) 

406029796_AMA250GP00022.jpg.caf6a7876e871970395da39a127dbec4.jpg

I've had worse injuries physically, but that was the injury I hated the most.

cool bike. 250cc two stroke?

This was my 3rd summer riding dirt bikes and have been getting progressively quicker through the trees which ended up literally into the trees.

Riding solo, riding the same loop over and over, last lap as supper was ready and on way home. Came off a little kicker and whiskey throttled right into the trees. Went exactly where I was looking, go figure hey?  

6 stitches later but was riding again in just over a week! Probably would've busted both my wrists if it weren't for the Cycra hand guards. 

*deleted graphic* 

crash.jpg

Edited by IDTrav
  • Like 2