Quad talk

5 minutes ago, Drop-Bear said:

I don't think the issue is KTM. I think that the issue is actually...

..the japanese brands. 

The only brand that's delivering what the customer wants is Yamaha, but they haven't even updated the Yz125/250x in a long time. KTM is up on top because they have a new model every three years.

Edited by lil_squid
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, lil_squid said:

..the japanese brands. 

The only brand that's delivering what the customer wants is Yamaha, but they haven't even updated the Yz125/250x in a long time. KTM is up on top because they have a new model every three years.

Ya don't fix what's not broken. No reason for Yamaha to put big R&D money into the YZ, they sell like hot cakes now. The X models has grown their market even more.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lil_squid said:

..the japanese brands. 

I think If I could drop as much money as I wanted then I would buy a KTM, but I can only afford used bikes and most of the used KTMs from 2009-2012 are garbage.

10 minutes ago, lil_squid said:

Wow, hey, I've never read this on TT anywhere before. Glad I dropped by the ATV section today! What a great learning tool y'all go here!

• Haha 1

Just now, shrubitup said:

Wow, hey, I've never read this on TT anywhere before. Glad I dropped by the ATV section today! What a great learning tool y'all go here!

7 minutes ago, lil_squid said:

Funny how I created a thread specifically for quads and then the first thing i post is about bikes lol.

I wish I could delete my own threads, because this one is kinda useless unless we talk about quads only

Just abandon this lol

• William1 changed the title to Quad talk
8 hours ago, duCOD pro said:

Have any of you had any 450 race quads. I have a 400 right now and am counting down the months until I will get a practice 450 (Only 11 Months!!!!). I'm buying used and am leaning towards a built DS450, but I know the YFZ and LTR is also fast.

Get a scrambler!!!! 90 horsepower, 4x4, power steering, and the best racing quad you'll ever own!!

image.png.6bf4d7872c94662e46d4ddf8095e82db.png

9 hours ago, duCOD pro said:

Have any of you had any 450 race quads. I have a 400 right now and am counting down the months until I will get a practice 450 (Only 11 Months!!!!). I'm buying used and am leaning towards a built DS450, but I know the YFZ and LTR is also fast.

I had a 2006 YFZ450 that I flattracked back in the day. It was competitive with stock internals. 

• Like 1