27 minutes ago, WoodsRERider said:

Had an 06 LTR450. Tons of power and fun but not exactly woods friendly. Would love to see 450s made in mass again. Always also wanted a 400ex. 

The 400ex is definitely fun and a joy to own, but it is no race quad. I was also looking into the LTR, but does anyone still sell the cherry bomb? Getting a LTR would save me a lot of money since the width, wheels, and shocks are already really good.

2 minutes ago, duCOD pro said:

I don't think a scrambler would work on a MX track. It would be super fun to own as a fun quad since red river is only an hour away from me.

When Quads were still popular, to some degree, one of the Pro's raced a Polaris Outlaw IRS one yr. He didn't do well, and dropped as much weight as he possibly could.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Drop-Bear said:

When Quads were still popular, to some degree, one of the Pro's raced a Polaris Outlaw IRS one yr. He didn't do well, and dropped as much weight as he possibly could.

Lol, that was probably fun to watch.

1 minute ago, duCOD pro said:

The 400ex is definitely fun and a joy to own, but it is no race quad. I was also looking into the LTR, but does anyone still sell the cherry bomb? Getting a LTR would save me a lot of money since the width, wheels, and shocks are already really good.

You'd be lucky to find an LTR over here, 2nd hand, without the Cherry Bomb. Last I looked at least. Which was a fair while ago.

No Idea if you can still get them, they were made by Yoshi

We have two POlariS utility quads. I love the 1:1 ride to wrench ratio.

Just now, duCOD pro said:

Lol, that was probably fun to watch.

Nah, more so, awkward to watch than anything else 😂

You could see him struggling with the weight, but, i thought it was worth a try. It's still the best looking Outlaw I've ever seen.

9 minutes ago, duCOD pro said:

I don't think a scrambler would work on a MX track. It would be super fun to own as a fun quad since red river is only an hour away from me.

It probably depends on the track.

I've seen scramblers and renegades racing.

After all, its a race quad!

6 minutes ago, duCOD pro said:

Definitely. I maybe wouldn't want to own one because they weren't the most reliable

If you want reliability you shouldn't be driving sport quads lol

Honda Foreman/Rancher, Yamaha Grizzly/Kodiak, Suzuki Kingquad. I'm not sure about Bruteforces, but I've heard people saying they are really fragile..

I personally don't care about relability as much as I do performance. 

I'd rather have a 1000cc bike with 90 horsepower but average run times than a 300cc bike with 20 horsepower that will last a long time. You can probably get a Grizzly 700 hopped up to a point where you have a good mix of reliability and power, but a Sportsman 570 is still like 2-3k less.

Like I said before, I'm still a 850/1000 guy, so I probably wouldn't buy a Sportsman 570 or a Grizzly 700 anyway.

Edited by lil_squid

On 11/24/2020 at 8:54 AM, lil_squid said:

If you want reliability you shouldn't be driving sport quads lol

Honda Foreman/Rancher, Yamaha Grizzly/Kodiak, Suzuki Kingquad. I'm not sure about Bruteforces, but I've heard people saying they are really fragile..

I personally don't care about relability as much as I do performance. 

I'd rather have a 1000cc bike with 90 horsepower but average run times than a 300cc bike with 20 horsepower that will last a long time. You can probably get a Grizzly 700 hopped up to a point where you have a good mix of reliability and power, but a Sportsman 570 is still like 2-3k less.

Like I said before, I'm still a 850/1000 guy, so I probably wouldn't buy a Sportsman 570 or a Grizzly 700 anyway.

Well my 400ex has almost 150 hours and has had no major issues yet, just tires and a chain.

14 hours ago, duCOD pro said:

Well my 400ex has almost 150 hours and has had no major issues yet, just tires and a chain.

Air cooled and bomb proof. On a side note, what are the pro ATV riders on? All Yamaha? 

56 minutes ago, WoodsRERider said:

Air cooled and bomb proof. On a side note, what are the pro ATV riders on? All Yamaha? 

Pretty much all of the privateers are on Yams and about 75% of the pros are on Yamahas with the other 25% on Hondas.

4 minutes ago, HeavyRotationClassic said:

They're all on Grindr.

Okay, we established a point that quads are inferior to dirtbikes. That's scientifically proven true for most situations.

What's so bad about the riders? 

14 minutes ago, HeavyRotationClassic said:

I had kwads before, they're good for sand dune riding. They're super boring for anything else. If I blow out a knee or cripple myself I'll buy another one to &%$#@! around on. 

Mud riding anyone?

image.png.94ba0d9344e3b0ce1738ea35d8444c42.png