Jump to content

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, WoodsRERider said:

Had an 06 LTR450. Tons of power and fun but not exactly woods friendly. Would love to see 450s made in mass again. Always also wanted a 400ex. 

The 400ex is definitely fun and a joy to own, but it is no race quad. I was also looking into the LTR, but does anyone still sell the cherry bomb? Getting a LTR would save me a lot of money since the width, wheels, and shocks are already really good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, duCOD pro said:

I don't think a scrambler would work on a MX track. It would be super fun to own as a fun quad since red river is only an hour away from me.

When Quads were still popular, to some degree, one of the Pro's raced a Polaris Outlaw IRS one yr. He didn't do well, and dropped as much weight as he possibly could.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Drop-Bear said:

When Quads were still popular, to some degree, one of the Pro's raced a Polaris Outlaw IRS one yr. He didn't do well, and dropped as much weight as he possibly could.

Lol, that was probably fun to watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, duCOD pro said:

The 400ex is definitely fun and a joy to own, but it is no race quad. I was also looking into the LTR, but does anyone still sell the cherry bomb? Getting a LTR would save me a lot of money since the width, wheels, and shocks are already really good.

You'd be lucky to find an LTR over here, 2nd hand, without the Cherry Bomb. Last I looked at least. Which was a fair while ago.

No Idea if you can still get them, they were made by Yoshi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have two POlariS utility quads. I love the 1:1 ride to wrench ratio.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, duCOD pro said:

Lol, that was probably fun to watch.

Nah, more so, awkward to watch than anything else 😂

You could see him struggling with the weight, but, i thought it was worth a try. It's still the best looking Outlaw I've ever seen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, duCOD pro said:

I don't think a scrambler would work on a MX track. It would be super fun to own as a fun quad since red river is only an hour away from me.

It probably depends on the track.

 

I've seen scramblers and renegades racing.

After all, its a race quad!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, duCOD pro said:

Definitely. I maybe wouldn't want to own one because they weren't the most reliable

If you want reliability you shouldn't be driving sport quads lol

Honda Foreman/Rancher, Yamaha Grizzly/Kodiak, Suzuki Kingquad. I'm not sure about Bruteforces, but I've heard people saying they are really fragile..

 

I personally don't care about relability as much as I do performance. 

I'd rather have a 1000cc bike with 90 horsepower but average run times than a 300cc bike with 20 horsepower that will last a long time. You can probably get a Grizzly 700 hopped up to a point where you have a good mix of reliability and power, but a Sportsman 570 is still like 2-3k less.

Like I said before, I'm still a 850/1000 guy, so I probably wouldn't buy a Sportsman 570 or a Grizzly 700 anyway.

Edited by lil_squid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/24/2020 at 8:54 AM, lil_squid said:

If you want reliability you shouldn't be driving sport quads lol

Honda Foreman/Rancher, Yamaha Grizzly/Kodiak, Suzuki Kingquad. I'm not sure about Bruteforces, but I've heard people saying they are really fragile..

 

I personally don't care about relability as much as I do performance. 

I'd rather have a 1000cc bike with 90 horsepower but average run times than a 300cc bike with 20 horsepower that will last a long time. You can probably get a Grizzly 700 hopped up to a point where you have a good mix of reliability and power, but a Sportsman 570 is still like 2-3k less.

Like I said before, I'm still a 850/1000 guy, so I probably wouldn't buy a Sportsman 570 or a Grizzly 700 anyway.

Well my 400ex has almost 150 hours and has had no major issues yet, just tires and a chain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, duCOD pro said:

Well my 400ex has almost 150 hours and has had no major issues yet, just tires and a chain.

Air cooled and bomb proof. On a side note, what are the pro ATV riders on? All Yamaha? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, WoodsRERider said:

Air cooled and bomb proof. On a side note, what are the pro ATV riders on? All Yamaha? 

Pretty much all of the privateers are on Yams and about 75% of the pros are on Yamahas with the other 25% on Hondas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, HeavyRotationClassic said:

They're all on Grindr.

Okay, we established a point that quads are inferior to dirtbikes. That's scientifically proven true for most situations.

 

 

What's so bad about the riders? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, HeavyRotationClassic said:

I had kwads before, they're good for sand dune riding. They're super boring for anything else. If I blow out a knee or cripple myself I'll buy another one to &%$#@! around on. 

Mud riding anyone?

image.png.94ba0d9344e3b0ce1738ea35d8444c42.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×
×
  • Create New...