Yall ever see a REALLY good looking bike with a good deal on the used market and go to the description to read about it and are sold on it but then it says bill of sale only no pink... post pics of those bikes here and lets mourn together

image.png.e410e4f2e193248036f388c4de2ac457.png

• Like 5

I sold a 09 YZ250 I bought new bill of sale only. And I had the title guy never asked for it and I forgot. Sold all my old race bikes that way no reason for a title here tho I guess

• Like 4

I’m confused as to what’s stopping you from buying it? 
does the ignition system require a piece of pink paper to run?

or is this some goofy cult thing? 

• Like 7
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, bweighmaster said:

California ,   need I say more  ?

I knew there had to be some goofy strange reason.

I wonder if In the future people will look back at California’s regulations and compare it to some strange shared mental illness. 

• Like 9
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 11

I have right now ,  6 bikes w/o titles , or bill of sale .   I know where they come from , usually who owned them before P O .....   who owned them originaly  ,    so , no problem  ...    All bikes I sell go with  ,  bill of sale  , and P O  name and number if asked for ....  I have bought and sold hundreds of bikes in the last 50 yrs.  Never a problem , 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, bweighmaster said:

True, but it ain’t hopeless. There’s a bit more risk, but if they’re willing to do a bill of sale you can get a title with a couple extra forms.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Oklahoma started requiring a title on offroad stuff in 05.  Supposedly if anything older than 05 changes ownership any time after 05 it needs a title.  Lots of bikes are bought and sold with bos only still.  Partly because there is no way for it to be verified by the state.  Newer stuff with no title is just laziness, and the people that say "it's in my name but no title" are the ones I avoid.  It takes a trip to the tag agency and a week to get a duplicate title here, no reason not to if it's in your name. 

Streetbikes are a different story.  If it's 70s and cheap I'll do a title 42, if it has current tags and no title? I assume stolen.

• Like 2

Never a deal breaker for me...

Unless it looks stolen.

What does it cost to get a title? It's a very small amount compared to the bike.

Your loss man.. I would've picked it up

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

I don't have titles for either one of my mx bikes. We are supposed to register ohv's out here as of a few years ago but I never did. If the state wants to come out and water the track and clean up some trash I would reconsider.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, bweighmaster said:

California is over regulated, that for sure.  But we do have a lot of public land open to riding, unlike some states.

• Like 6

WI doesn't even title dirt bikes.... so every dirt bike I have bought(even new) doesn't come with a title other than the orig manufacture cert. But you don't use that for anything in WI, just sits in my lockbox. About 4 or 5 years ago the DNR began registering dirt bikes.... but you only need to do that if you want to ride public land that requires state registration.

Edited by Zinergy

Arizona requires titles for all OHV's used on public lands and has been that way since 2009. I won't buy anything without a title unless it's worth the risk, and hell, of getting a title for it. I like titled bikes. It proves ownership and makes getting your bike back possible if it's ever stolen. Bikes getting stolen here is a real problem. I've had two stolen and know of quite a few more that have been.

Been through the title process in AZ on an '03 KX250 that was originally bought new in Canada. Had to have a level 2 inspection by DPS, pay the sales tax on it, and all other title/licensing fees. Ended up costing about $600 to get it all legal.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Bigfatredpig said:

I’m confused as to what’s stopping you from buying it? 
does the ignition system require a piece of pink paper to run?

or is this some goofy cult thing? 

In California if you can’t get the title you can’t get registration. If you can’t get registration green red sticker you will not be allowed in an off-road parkI

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gflo said:

California is over regulated, that for sure.  But we do have a lot of public land open to riding, unlike some states.

From California also. There is good riding  but they check for that registration sticker and spark arrester at most off-road gates

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Doom22 said:

From California also. There is good riding  but they check for that registration sticker and spark arrester at most off-road gates

That’s true.  I ride quite a bit and can’t remember going through any gates recently.  I stay away from the OHV parks.  Too much good riding elsewhere.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Gflo said:

But we do have a lot of public land open to riding, unlike some states.

CO/UT/ID:

image.png.7a5c7dc52154e1b01d27672e871f1f11.png

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 2