Jump to content

So Smooth So Much Control

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, KTMRider4Life said:

Stick a fork in him, rumor was he considered retiring, once that enters the mind a rider has lost his edge. He won't have the fight he once had. 

Unfortunately that's true.  I'd put him on the same tier as JA21 now.  Both capable of winning a main if everything goes right.  But they don't have the killer instinct anymore to bring it every week.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

Starts don't matter as much in MX.  I feel like you don't pay close enough attention.  When KRoc wins SX mains, he starts top 3.  When he finishes like 5 - 8 it's because he blew the start badly.

Do you even watch the races BRO?!?!

Starts are starts.  Do you pay attention jeeez. When any of the top guys have good starts they can win. The point is that Tomac is not a great starter either in SX and MX. And KR is a pretty good starter in both. KR tends to fade since his injury and my only point in bringing up his championship year was that he didn't fade back then.

But overall when comes to starts KR is pretty good and your comparison to ET fails bigly as usual BRO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

My top 5, not in order necessarily:

Webb, Tomac, AC, Osborne, Sexton

 

I think that's a pretty solid list, and Barcia could get in that mix as well. Won't be surprised to see Tomac shuffled back a bit too. 

  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

Unfortunately that's true.  I'd put him on the same tier as JA21 now.  Both capable of winning a main if everything goes right.  But they don't have the killer instinct anymore to bring it every week.

You guys have something on JA21? Even @KTMRider4Life thinks BamBam will do better. Was his injury worse than advertised? He looked pretty good at the end of SX and into MX then gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

I think that's a pretty solid list, and Barcia could get in that mix as well. Won't be surprised to see Tomac shuffled back a bit too. 

Barcia/Anderson maybe, but that was my guess for top 5.  If I had to put down money....Webb for the series.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chaconne said:

You guys have something on JA21? Even @KTMRider4Life thinks BamBam will do better. Was his injury worse than advertised? He looked pretty good at the end of SX and into MX then gone.

Anderson is a bit of a wild card. IMO his biggest weakness at this point is his mental game. He's stated he would like to be around a long time kind of like a Windham and he cares more about that than another championship. So he's top level SX talent without the willingness to put it all on the line. 

 

His last win he took Roczen wide and it wasn't imo a dirty move. However he apologized profusely and said he didn't want to ride like that. Probably because he was known for taking guys down sometime when it wasn't necessary to do so in order to make the pass. That is part of what made him lethal there for a while though.  

 

Long story short, he's a great rider out there having fun and hopefully will be for many years. 

  • Helpful 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Chaconne said:

And KR is a pretty good starter in both

No he isn't.  You must be most of the way through your daily meth intake, by the time the SX main begins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MotorBoatin said:

The championship is his for the taking.........MARK MY WORDS

 

 

The question is HOW to mark your words.  With a highlighter for emphasis, or with a red pen indicating it needs correction.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

His last win he took Roczen wide and it wasn't imo a dirty move. However he apologized profusely and said he didn't want to ride like that. Probably because he was known for taking guys down sometime when it wasn't necessary to do so in order to make the pass. That is part of what made him lethal there for a while though. 

I'd say that's prob more a testament to his character (in a good way) than anything else.  They all saw what happened to Ken, nobody wants to be the guy that causes another big get off for Ken.

But yeah I get what you're saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, redrider144 said:

I'd say that's prob more a testament to his character (in a good way) than anything else.  They all saw what happened to Ken, nobody wants to be the guy that causes another big get off for Ken.

But yeah I get what you're saying.

Na, Ken is out there racing, he doesn't get treated with kid gloves. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

No he isn't.  You must be most of the way through your daily meth intake, by the time the SX main begins.

KR has been a much better starter than Tomac the past few seasons. And even if he doesn't get a great start he makes moves and gets himself up front on the first lap. I agree that if he doesn't get up front in the first lap or 2 he doesn't have that ability to come through the pack as everyone gets spread out but over the past 3 years or so he has been a much better starter than Tomac. It's one of the reasons that half way through the season ET and KR were tied on points coming into Daytona. Cause he was starting up front and staying there.

Edited by Zinergy
  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

Na, Ken is out there racing, he doesn't get treated with kid gloves. 

I think the field respects that he came back from something that very few people believed was possible.  And they know that arm can't withstand another hit.

I mean, I know it wouldn't bother you to be known as the guy that finished him off.  But the actual guys out there, I think they try not to run it in.  Webb's last turn pass at whatever recent SX race that was, was just a simple stuff maneuver in a slow tight corner, nothing dangerous.  Ken said he'd have done the same.

Edited by redrider144
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

I think the field respects that he came back from something that very few people believed was possible.  And they know that arm can't withstand another hit.

I mean, I know it wouldn't bother you to be known as the guy that finished him off.  But the actual guys out there, I think they try not to run it in.  Webb's last turn pass at whatever recent SX race that was, was just a simple stuff maneuver, nothing dangerous.  Ken said he'd have done the same.

I disagree, I don't think guys race him any differently than they do the other riders. But I'm not gonna argue with you all day about it, or maybe I will. Haven't decided. 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Zinergy said:

I agree that if he doesn't get up front in the first lap or 2 he doesn't have that ability to come through the pack as everyone gets spread out but over the past 3 years or so he has been a much better starter than Tomac. It's one of the reasons that half way through the season ET and KR were tied on points coming into Daytona. Cause he was starting up front and staying there.

Yeah he was tied going into Daytona and came in 2nd there.  I was thinking more 2019 I guess.  @Chaconne is still wrong though, just on principle, because it's Chaconne.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KTMRider4Life said:

I disagree, I don't think guys race him any differently than they do the other riders. But I'm not gonna argue with you all day about it, or maybe I will. Haven't decided. 

It's all good.  If everyone here agreed on everything, it would be boring.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Chaconne said:

You guys have something on JA21?

Yes, his own words where he said he cares more about career longevity than another championship.  I don't blame him at all, I was just a bit surprised he'd be that open about it.

Props to him, it takes balls to admit something like that publicly.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

No he isn't.  You must be most of the way through your daily meth intake, by the time the SX main begins.

You must be taking too many fat pills KR is a good starter and ET is not.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

Yes, his own words where he said he cares more about career longevity than another championship.  I don't blame him at all, I was just a bit surprised he'd be that open about it.

Props to him, it takes balls to admit something like that publicly.

I think if you were going to hang out with any of the pro riders Jason would likely be the coolest. He seems really chill and like he enjoys having a good time. He was quite shy when he got the spotlight, kind of reminded me of Emig when he hit the scene. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Chaconne said:

You must be taking too many fat pills KR is a good starter and ET is not.

Ken blew more starts in 2019.  He got a bit more consistent up through Daytona 2020.

Edited by redrider144

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×
×
  • Create New...