mixxer

New Rule B4 Giving out Info/Help🤡🤡

Hoooooollleeeeeeeeee Shiiiiiiiittt💩!!

Since this forum got a bit messy with the new 250 getting tagged on it (still not a fan)...

And not a lot of stuff happening in here....

I have ventured out of the safety of this forum looking to see if there's anything interesting...

It's like attack of the brain dead zombies !!! Don't go out there!!!

Nothing but drool and blank stares and posing and testosterone poisoned attitudes as far as the eye can see😳👁️👁️...!!

There are a few non 230 dudes out there that are quite good... Helping out the flatliners.... Best of luck to them... Watch out men... They will eat your brain one stupid question at a time....

I know everyone starts at ground zero when they are getting into wrenching... So it's nice if you can help someone .... But the biggest common denominator of

Team Short Bus Racing🤡🤡

Is nobody has an ogdamn 

OEM SERVICE FREAKING MANUAL 😡😡😡😡😡😡🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕

from now on I really think my rule should be like:

"I'd really like to help, but before I do, Please post a short vid of you by your bike holding and reading a paragraph from YOUR FREAKING OEM SERVICE MANUAL!!"

just to make sure they have one ...and CAN read it... 

mixxer helps those who help themselves 🤘🤘

Edited by mixxer
  • Like 12
  • Angry 1
  • Haha 1

The older I get the less patience I have with stupid people. My wife has complimented lately on my patience tho, she says I used to be more confrontational. I told here I still want to slap them, it’s just not worth the effort. 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Confederate said:

The older I get the less patience I have with stupid people. My wife has complimented lately on my patience tho, she says I used to be more confrontational. I told here I still want to slap them, it’s just not worth the effort. 

LOL.... Feel the same... 

I don't know if I'm gaining patience or learning any life lessons...

It's probably I'm just getting old and my testosterone levels are dropping...☹️

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I’ve been catching up with this forum as of late. It’s good to see the core gurus are still here. I purchased a 450L in late 18 and have dove in into the forums, the first sixth months was good, but now the abundance of those that can’t use a search function to find what has already been said  a zillion times has made me grow weary. I started with a . PDF version of the manual till I found a used one for $20. 

if ya can’t take the time read it and try to understand it then why should anyone help. If you read and don’t understand then ask. This is hands down the best support group on any forum from mild to extreme knowledge it’s like Ragu. 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Agreed... Truly unique in all the world of forums... 

• Like 2

I shouldn't be a jackass as above, but we all gotta start somewhere... I've got my 230F manual, and, with a little luck, it'll be joined by a 230M manual in the next week or so...

I'm sure I'll come up with a few questions!

• Like 2

I personally have learned more from this forum than all the others I have known... It shocked the hell is out of me when I found it.... Seasoned Gear Heads  hot rodding and modding retro air cooled mini thumpers ...

Who would have guessed??

• Like 3
  • Helpful 1

3 minutes ago, Jthewood said:

I shouldn't be a jackass as above, but we all gotta start somewhere... I've got my 230F manual, and, with a little luck, it'll be joined by a 230M manual in the next week or so...

I'm sure I'll come up with a few questions!

Jackass 👍👍

Smartass👍👍

Dumbass👎👎

So you're good...👍

Lol... Welcome to the deep waters of wrenching and dirt bike talent...

Grab a beer ...relax...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mixxer said:

Agreed... Truly unique in all the world of forums... 

Please consider the folks lurking and following your posts and suggestions in silence who can learn from your wisdom and experience. Although there are a healthy dose of brain dead shitheads asking a bunch of dumb as pig shit questions that can be found on the first page of a factory repair manual there are probably quite a few folks that read your suggestions and could perhaps apply your knowledge to their own situation at a later date. I'm of the belief that we should be grateful to nice folks like you for sharing your wisdom but we should also be generous with our own knowledge for someone else's benefit. Sometimes you gents are paying it forward without realizing it at the time. Many thanks for sharing. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, everlastneverfast said:

Please consider the folks lurking and following your posts and suggestions in silence who can learn from your wisdom and experience. Although there are a healthy dose of brain dead shitheads asking a bunch of dumb as pig shit questions that can be found on the first page of a factory repair manual there are probably quite a few folks that read your suggestions and could perhaps apply your knowledge to their own situation at a later date. I'm of the belief that we should be grateful to nice folks like you for sharing your wisdom but we should also be generous with our own knowledge for someone else's benefit. Sometimes you gents are paying it forward without realizing it at the time. Many thanks for sharing. 

Awwww shucks....stop it!!

You are one of the deep talent folks I'm talking about!

And to prove I'm not nice... Shouldn't be hard ...

Let's put up an example of something you have read that almost made your eyes roll back in your head far enough to get stuck...

I'll go first:

Within the last few days I went into an XR250R thread where someone bought a used one and when home riding it the first time he "smoked out the neighborhood" (this isn't about him) 

So... He decided to do his first top end pull down and see what's up and he is asking people to give feedback on his findings....

Copper fragments in his oil filter...

And

Impact pits on the bottom of the piston...

And the majority of the guys giving tech support don't find anything seriously wrong with that... 

The general consensus was to put some fresh rings in and put it back together...

No kidding..

I give that a solid 4 out of 5 eye rolls

(I would give it 5 but I'm certain it can be bested)

🙄🙄🙄🙄

Edited by mixxer

11 minutes ago, mixxer said:

Let's put up an example of something you have read that almost made your eyes roll back in your head far enough to get stuck...

I'll go first:

Within the last few days I went into an XR250R thread where someone bought a used one and when home riding it the first time he "smoked out the neighborhood" (this isn't about him) 

So... He decided to do his first top end pull down and see what's up and he is asking people to give feedback on his findings....

And

And the majority of the guys giving tech support don't find anything seriously wrong with that... 

The general consensus was to put some fresh rings in and put it back together...

No kidding..

🙄🙄🙄🙄

It had a pure junk aftermarket piston in it also probably found it on Amazon for $9.99 and free shipping?

3 minutes ago, adnohguy said:

It had a pure junk aftermarket piston in it also probably found it on Amazon for $9.99 and free shipping?

It was mentioned that the seller stated it was "recently rebuilt"

That term alone makes me cringe 😬

My rule is, read the factory service manual a few times before you start the bike for the first time. Be sure to of read it twenty times before you turn a wrench on it. It is also a good idea to look at every page of the parts book as well. If you see a difference in the two, be extra observant during disassembly. And no, you should not ride it for a track  weekend missing spokes.

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, William1 said:

And no, you should not ride it for a track  weekend missing spokes.

But it's friday evening and everything is closed and i really wanna ride tomorrow, so it'll be ok just this once, right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, DEATH_INC. said:

But it's friday evening and everything is closed and i really wanna ride tomorrow, so it'll be ok just this once, right?

'...if I thread some coat hanger in the holes, it will be fine...'

• Haha 3

I see two types that fit your description; those who are seeking knowledge and those with a little knowledge who think they know more. I'm always willing to try and help the first. The later usually just post opinions but never ask for help so are easy to bypass.

Edited by Chuck.
spelling
  • Like 2
  • Helpful 1

1 hour ago, mixxer said:

I'll go first:

And

No kidding..

🙄🙄🙄🙄

Your statement is painfully accurate. Some of these shitbirds trying to fix shit on motorcycles and other machinery are better suited as spokespersons for their parents birth control failures. As it stands some of these idiots will never learn the error of their ways and will continue to set an example of how not to fix stuff. Some folks have the ability to learn from successful people. This is why the wizards and guru's sometimes found here earn appreciation and respect of their friends and peers. Good on them for the honor they deserve. Most of us folks that know jack shit about jack shit learned jack shit from someone what knowed jack shit. But those of us that know a bit of jack shit were smart enough to listen to someone who knew a lot more jack shit and humbled ourselves a bit to listen to a bit of jack shit and eventually learned a little bit of jack shit along the way

• Like 2
  • Haha 3