To delete thermostat or not to delete thermostat?   Has anyone seen ill side effects from deleting the thermostat?  Or anyone have issues with the stock thermostat?  I have seen some posts of leaking housings but haven’t had issues with that myself. 
Seems like Samco is gold standard.  Anybody had success with any other options?  

Bike is 2017 300rr.  I ride it all year in temps from 30 F - 100 F.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

What’s the ebay silicone hose? I bought that for my 350..works good :ride:

Yup I bought those no namers off ebay and so far so good. 

I've deleted every thermostat off my old ktms and both Betas. Riding in Texas, summers in CO, NM,UT, etc and almost never below freezing I've had no issues but a cool running engine. I just make sure to warm it up well. 

• Like 1

Seems like the Beta takes a while to warm up even with the thermostat.  After initial warmup, I wasn’t sure if it actually help the bike run at ‘optimal temperature’ or if it’s just extra parts from over engineering and/or regulation related.

5 minutes ago, Hoosier-Daddy said:

Seems like the Beta takes a while to warm up even with the thermostat.  After initial warmup, I wasn’t sure if it actually help the bike run at ‘optimal temperature’ or if it’s just extra parts from over engineering and/or regulation related.

All enduro gp bikes run those kinds of hose with no thermostat. I figure no big deal.. just start and warm up your bike then ride. 

• Like 1

Instead of ridiculously expensive Samco's you can get either the ones that HDR suggested or you get them from AS3 Performance. AS3 have also very good quality but cost about 50% of the Samco's. 
I had the thermostat removed on all my dirt bikes (two 4 strokes, six two strokes) and never had a problem or cold seizure. Just when it gets below 40 F I always covered one rad with gaffa tape or a piece of card-board.

• Like 2

I use heater hose from eBay if I’m replacing coolant hoses. $200 Samco is silly. 

• Like 3

I have a set of AS3 tstat delete hoses on my 300RR, no issues. Once you are in colder temps, it will take some time to get heat into the engine, so be mindful of a good warm up before leaning on it hard. I also added a trail tech voyager so I have dash visible coolant temp. 

Samco hose kit on the wife's XT, but with tstat intact. 

• Like 2

Thermostats are only for emissions reasons in Europe.  That’s why they only come on Enduro bikes. They do nothing but cause problems. We’ve had several leak. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Cullins said:

Thermostats are only for emissions reasons in Europe.  That’s why they only come on Enduro bikes. They do nothing but cause problems. We’ve had several leak. 

I'm pretty darn happy that I have a thermostat in my bike when I'm warming it up in -25C/-13F 🙄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Arsori said:

I'm pretty darn happy that I have a thermostat in my bike when I'm warming it up in -25C/-13F 🙄

There is nothing that could make me happy in that kind temperature 😂

• Like 3
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, randysoo said:

There are plenty of cheap chinese hose kits for the 250/300 on ebay. anyone know of a cheap kit for the pre 20 4T?

I just ordered my second set on EBay from a Chinese company called Winners. They fit 13 to 19 4T. It was approx $68 U S. 

I had my original set for 2 years, and would be still using them, except one hose got to close to the pipe, and melted it slightly, and it would sweat out a bit of coolant. Other than that, they are fine.

4 hours ago, Mullet2Skullet said:

I just ordered my second set on EBay from a Chinese company called Winners. They fit 13 to 19 4T. It was approx $68 U S. 

I had my original set for 2 years, and would be still using them, except one hose got to close to the pipe, and melted it slightly, and it would sweat out a bit of coolant. Other than that, they are fine.

got a link?

On 11/20/2020 at 8:48 PM, Cullins said:

There is nothing that could make me happy in that kind temperature 😂

Thanks for the image of the Swedish gal in the fur jacket and hat with a bottle of vodka in her hand.

• Like 1