Illramanything

Beta4Stroke 2020 390rrs burning oil? Oil in sight glass?

Any other 390 owners notice smoke from their 390 at start up? I have a 2020 390rrs. I only have about 10 hours on it but when i cold start it sometimes (most times) ill get a little whitish smoke if I rev it while idling (I let it warm to 120 130 before twisting any)..never notice smoke riding it but then again...im riding it

Also how do I check oil level properly? I know to drain it all the way and put 750ml....but how do you check after you've been riding....my sight glass is full with bike off standing straight up...however running i don't see a drop of oil in the sight glass like at all! Any help is appreciated! 

For what it is worth, I am at about 20 hrs and I see a little (faint) smoke on start of and idle. Don't notice it when warmed up. 2020 390 rrs

'

Read first  and last page of this: 

It could be that another Beta factory issue is emerging.

Edited by Balkan boy
  • Like 2

Mine has been fine but I also didn't let it idle when I first got it and rode it pretty hard with lots of engine breaking to help everything seat. 

Been running belray oil for what it is worth 

The smoke you see, you sure it's not water vapor on a cold morning? 

Edited by rharr
  • Like 3
  • Helpful 1

On 11/20/2020 at 4:38 PM, Illramanything said:

Any other 390 owners notice smoke from their 390 at start up? I have a 2020 390rrs. I only have about 10 hours on it but when i cold start it sometimes (most times) ill get a little whitish smoke if I rev it while idling (I let it warm to 120 130 before twisting any)..never notice smoke riding it but then again...im riding it

Also how do I check oil level properly? I know to drain it all the way and put 750ml....but how do you check after you've been riding....my sight glass is full with bike off standing straight up...however running i don't see a drop of oil in the sight glass like at all! Any help is appreciated! 

My 2015 390 rr is the exact same way....sight glass exact same....let it warm up...smoke goes away....but sight glass looks empty...turn it off n wait n check again....it’s normal...lots of old posts on hear of bike doing same thing....best advice I got...drop oil filter every oil change...,measure what you put in...ride n be happy....FYI....your transmission oil check bolt is also as reliable lol

• Like 2

IF you did not seat the rings immediately after first start up, you probably have a little blow by.  Too late now.

IF you start the motor and turn the throttle at all  before it is truely warmed up (which includes the throttle body), you can't really judge 'smoke' issues.  At least 5 minutes.

I prefere to do a passive reset at the start of every ride, no acceptions. 

• Like 2

although I like and agree with post above by Kran I still wish we had some something from Italy confirming or just saying why this is.  Why should shutting bike off after 3-5mins running make it run better than just clicking into gear and given'r??

1 hour ago, bradje said:

although I like and agree with post above by Kran I still wish we had some something from Italy confirming or just saying why this is.  Why should shutting bike off after 3-5mins running make it run better than just clicking into gear and given'r??

It has nothing to do with 'Italy' or 'Austria'. It has to do with Synerject and Keihin. 

ALL open-loop FI systems cannot know in advance what adjustments will need to be made because they do no have a way of verifying any adjustments, like a closed loop system does (by using a post-combustion oxygen sensor).

So because of this, they only have a tiny range of active adjustment when you are riding. That adjustment 'swing' starting position may be totaly innapropriate for the elevation / temp / air density of where you are riding. So, if the last time you rode it was 70 degrees and high elevation, and your next ride at 45 degrees and low elevation, the bike will not run as good as it can, unless you do a re-set. 

That is why you do a 'passive re-set' before you ride, to get the water temp up to 180+, which is when, and only when,  the EcU and sensors to talk to each other and 're-align' the center of the active adjustment swing,  for the surrounding riding area. 

It's a race bike with lights and a plate. 

You can ignore it all if you like. 

All I know is mine will run like crap if I start it and try running it immediately. It needs a few minutes to sort itself out when first started for the day. 

full disclosure, I don't disagree - just saying it is dumb.