Off-road Mt. Rushmore

This is actually kinda hard because of the different disciplines. My list is based mostly on national competition versus international. My list is also not just based on wins or championships but the hype or vibe of the rider too. Anyways just curious who people choose. Peace out dudes!✌️

Malcolm Smith

Larry Roeseler

Shane Watts

Dick Burleson

Honorable Mentions

Randy Hawkins

Ty Davis

Ed Lojak

Terry Cunningham

Dan Smith

Danny Hamel

Kurt Caselli

• Like 2

Gotta be Americans since it’s Mount Rushmore.
As off-road has so many disciplines I go with riders who can win at a wide variety. 

Taylor Robert- ISDE overall winner, Enduro World Championship evert winner, WORCS Champion, Hare & Hound Winner, Sprint Enduro Champion, Endurocross Winner

Larry  Roeseler- won at every discipline in the 80’s

Dick Burleson- dominated National Enduro series for many years when it WAS the off-road series

Ty Davis- Won both National Enduro and Hare & Hound Championships when they where the major US Championships. Plus they are very different styles of racing

If it wasn’t US riders have to go with David Night- ISDE overall Winner, World Enduro Champion, GNCC Champion, Endurocross Champion, Super Enduro Champion (world Endurocross). He also dominated Hard Enduro when it started.  He probably should be #1 overall rider in the world

I’ve been fortunate enough to meet all these guys. 

• Like 6

13 hours ago, dirtbikesonny said:

This is actually kinda hard because of the different disciplines. My list is based mostly on national competition versus international. My list is also not just based on wins or championships but the hype or vibe of the rider too. Anyways just curious who people choose. Peace out dudes!✌️

Malcolm Smith

Larry Roeseler

Shane Watts

Dick Burleson

Honorable Mentions

Randy Hawkins

Ty Davis

Ed Lojak

Terry Cunningham

Dan Smith

Danny Hamel

Kurt Caselli

How can you leave Rodney Smith off your lists?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, MotorBoatin said:

How can you leave Rodney Smith off your lists?

For me, because he only won at one series. Yes he won a lot and I personally like Rodney, he was my sons team manger at Beta for a couple years, I just couldn’t put him above the others. Fact is he probably could have won at other series if Suzuki was into them or had the bikes. 

3 hours ago, TDW said:

Pretty much agree on all the ones that have already been listed, but even though not an american, would have to add Graham Jarvis to the short list. 

Just too difficult to pick the top 4.

As a trials guy and Dad of a Endurocross Pro I had a hard time leaving extreme guys off.  I do think they have the best bike skills of anyone, Problem is most of them just aren’t fast enough to win at any other discipline.  

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

28 minutes ago, Cullins said:

For me, because he only won at one series. Yes he won a lot and I personally like Rodney, he was my sons team manger at Beta for a couple years, I just couldn’t put him above the others. Fact is he probably could have won at other series if Suzuki was into them or had the bikes. 

As a trials guy and Dad of a Endurocross Pro I had a hard time leaving extreme guys off.  I do think they have the best bike skills of anyone, Problem is most of them just aren’t fast enough to win at any other discipline.  

Yeah I take offroad guy over mx guy in a bar fight though. Offroad guys are beasts. 

• Like 2