Off-road Mt. Rushmore

Just now, redrider144 said:

I remember him riding enduro converted CR250s.  I think he called them CRE.

That was a cool time, when people were converting Jap MX smokers into off-roaders. Remember when Randy Hawkins was racing modified RM's before they came out with the RMX?

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

1 hour ago, 777654321 said:

What would be the main changes. Power delivery and gearing.

From another site, can't verify the accuracy, but:

The CRE 250, possibly starting from 1989 or 1990, was a CR 250 conversion with additional lighting installed by HM, the Italian Distr. for Honda CR models.
They did this same conversion with the CR 125 and the CR 500, too.
All CREs came with paperwork and a license for road use, which made them great sellers, becoming even more popular than KTMs and Huskys at that time.
The wider ratio gearbox definetly was NOT stock; it was an extra option offered by HM, where taller 4th and 5th gears were installed, upon the owner's request.
This basically allows for a lower sprocket combination.
1st, 2nd and 3rd gear become lower, for tight woods riding, while 4th and 5th remain reasonably tall.
On the earlier HPP engines the gear kits were a direct fit into the cases, while on the 1992 - 2001 engines some minor grinding was required, for proper clearance.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

7 hours ago, Cullins said:

For me, because he only won at one series. Yes he won a lot and I personally like Rodney, he was my sons team manger at Beta for a couple years, I just couldn’t put him above the others. Fact is he probably could have won at other series if Suzuki was into them or had the bikes. 

As a trials guy and Dad of a Endurocross Pro I had a hard time leaving extreme guys off.  I do think they have the best bike skills of anyone, Problem is most of them just aren’t fast enough to win at any other discipline.  

Nothing at all wrong with being the best at any one off road discipline.

6 hours ago, HeavyRotationClassic said:

GNCC is just Kwad Trail MX. No way Russell is faster than Herlings. If he was he'd be chasing bigger paychecks. 

GNCC is Quad trail friendly absolutely.

And Russell would school Herlings soooooooooo bad, JH would be shitting bark for a month and a half. (in a hospital bed)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2