offroad Off-road Mt. Rushmore

I am gonna say that Teddy Roosevelt would be the best off-road rider of the Mt Rushmore guys....he enjoyed nature more than the other guys, so he should be fast.

2 hours ago, thsp485 said:

I am gonna say that Teddy Roosevelt would be the best off-road rider of the Mt Rushmore guys....he enjoyed nature more than the other guys, so he should be fast.

He braught over some Elk from Montana to the PNW that are beautiful and big. They taste pretty dam good as well. Olympics is where they dwell. Off 101 up by the straights.  

• Like 3

13 hours ago, 777654321 said:

He braught over some Elk from Montana to the PNW that are beautiful and big. They taste pretty dam good as well. Olympics is where they dwell. Off 101 up by the straights.  

Elk is absolutely scrumptious!!!image.thumb.jpg.b305f82b0a3897a1dd93ad001093a30f.jpg

• Like 3

14 hours ago, 777654321 said:

There are Roosevelt Elk populations as far south as Eureka CA, (maybe further?) They are very populous in the Oregon Coast range. I don't think they taste as good as Rocky Mountain Elk, but their diets aren't nearly as high in protein given the relative absence of sunlight on the west side of the Cascades. Better forage=better meat. Roosevelt's are a bit larger on average and have a bit different shape to their antlers, less bow, more mass. I killed a Roosevelt cow that went over 800lbs live weight, we call those platter-hoof cows. 

• Like 2

There were so many between Vantage and Ryegrass a few years back they had to put up warning signs.  Entire hillsides covered, probably leaving yellowstone because of the wolves.

• Like 1

The higher elevations of northern Arizona has lots of elk also, in alot of areas you will usually see more elk than deer. Really is quite a sight to see a big herd of elk.

Unfortunately there are alot of elk hit by cars on the highways and laying on the side of the road, when that happens it usually messes up the front end of the vehicle that hit it pretty bad.  

50 minutes ago, TDW said:

https://www.swapmotolive.com/checking-in-with-tallon-lafountaine/videos-theater/checking-in-with/

Sort of an interesting interview with an up and coming young guy who has switched from SX and MX to Off road racing.

That was really good, sounds like his Honda is a steaming pile. 

• Like 1

Kinda surprised me when he was saying that he has to do some of the work on the bike, I bet he would prefer not to have to work on it and just leave that to a bike mech.