What motorcycle shouldn’t I buy??

So apparently there are very few new bikes available and I’m running into roadblocks finding any specific bike I set out to look for. 

so is there anything out there to avoid??

also, 99% of bikes on cycletrader do not exist or are a scam. Any other places to look for bikes besides Craigslist or fb marketplace ??

Edited by stringer45

Beings your on Thumpertalk which most caters to dirt bikes, dont buy a moped, a big cc cruiser type bike, or some kind of rice rocket! Get ya something semi light that can be taken off road!! That pretty much ought to narrow it down!! LOL!

Edited by HDCowboy

don't buy old GasGas or old Husky (pre 14) if you are concerned about finding parts the second you swing the parts door open at your local motorcycle dealer. Husaberg also included in that. Basically any Euro brand bought by KTM in the last decade or so......

Edited by shrubitup

8 hours ago, shrubitup said:

don't buy old GasGas or old Husky (pre 14) .... Husaberg also included in that. Basically any Euro brand bought by KTM in the last decade or so......

More specifically, don't buy a pre-KTM purchase of any Euro brand that KTM bought. KTM doesn't care about parts for bikes that it doesn't own. So your Cagiva or BMW era Husqvarnas are getting hard to find parts. Husabergs are neat bikes, but parts are getting impossible. GasGas is a special case, for the worse. GasGas has had a lot of financial troubles over the past decade, I think it has had two or more bankruptcies. Parts for older models were hard to get even before KTM bought parts of GasGas.

Of course the new Husqv are just blue KTMs and the new GasGas are just red KTMs. Great bikes, but priced like new KTMs.