motocross SUZUKI SPLITS THE MOTORCYCLE AND MARINE DIVISIONS INTO SEPARATE COMPANIES

14 minutes ago, SlowDinoDog said:

In reality, modern bikes copied the Honda Pro-link design of the early 80's...and the 'full floater' died because it was a bit more complex.

The full floater died because someone else had a patent on it. 

• Helpful 1

They restructured the bike division because they are facing some lawsuit over something in street bikes and they don’t want the rest of the company get hit.  

It’s a way of hiding money. 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

4 minutes ago, GBow521 said:

It was more complex and had more parts than the modern design style Pro-link, anyway...

Edited by SlowDinoDog

3 minutes ago, GBow521 said:

I've got the entire rear for an rm80 with the full floater suspension if anyone needs one, the frame got tweaked. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Da Plumber said:

Does this mean the DRZ400s will get a 6 speed transmission......😵

No we want the DRZ400s and the DRZ400sm to stay just like they are.  To meet all the new EPA Standards the bike would weight 350+.  I think pacing the taller 5th gear is a great option. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GBow521 said:

Specifically, Suzuki decided to steal the creator's design and not pay for it.  It was a great working design, but would not have survived anyway due to complexity/weight/c.g. etc.  I heard it worked the frames pretty hard as well.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SlowDinoDog said:

It was more complex and had more parts than the modern design style Pro-link, anyway...

I thought it was easier to work on than the 84 link. 

33 minutes ago, GBow521 said:

I thought it was easier to work on than the 84 link. 

Did you ever race with the Full Floater before you headed to college?

3 hours ago, redrider144 said:

Did you ever race with the Full Floater before you headed to college?

81,82, and 83.  I personally thought the 82 was the best stock 125 produced in the 80s. 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

8 hours ago, GBow521 said:

They restructured the bike division because they are facing some lawsuit over something in street bikes and they don’t want the rest of the company get hit.  

It’s a way of hiding money. 

makes more since especially since these are American companies not actually Japanese.  They may make suggestion on bike changes but will not actually be in the decision making as far as actual development. I wouldn't look for much in the next couple of years...

40 minutes ago, GBow521 said:

81,82, and 83.  I personally thought the 82 was the best stock 125 produced in the 80s. 

I've always thought the Honda 125s were the best around 85,86. But I'm not racing at your level.

1 hour ago, 777654321 said:

I've always thought the Honda 125s were the best around 85,86. But I'm not racing at your level.

If I recall correctly the 82 RM125 was outstanding, but too hard to ride for mortals.  83 they dialed it down and Honda started pulling out the stops. Just like you say, 85 and on they were stellar.

• Like 1