highmarker

washington Do quad riders know that we laugh at them ?

Post ride lawn chair lunch and beverage yesterday. It was like quad riders had an audience coming by  to show off. Spinning doughnuts in the gravel, on and off the throttle trying to wheely, Racing on the roads, loud pipes etc. Exaggerated when they passed by us,  as if we thought it was cool ? or ?  This staging is now called "walmart".... by our group. Quite the show.   

• Haha 3

could be , they don't ride very far staying close to the rig? think it's just kids being kids doing dumb ass stuff just like we did. Even though they weren't all kids.  One of our guys got caught behind and had to ride behind a bare buttcrack for a time. Had concerns about his vision.  Another had to chase off a quad throwing gravel at his truck, even though the quads friends and own truck was parked there too? so ya maybe drunk?

• Haha 2

YES, we are and do laugh at their behavior and doubt they know that we do. For some reason, they get really "excited" about riding those boring, plodding chariots and mistakenly think that we are hyped about them as much as they are. Dear quad rider:  NO one is even in the least bit impressed with your "riding talent" :D

Joe

• Haha 3

See them in the parking lot all the time at Walker, hitting the rev limiter while parked, makes one think they are having bogging issues, tend to think they don’t have much faith in their machines because I never see them more than a couple hundred yards from the parking lot.

and yes, we laugh at them 😎

Edited by Rider 41
  • Haha 2

I've met a lot of nice quad riders, but yes, the beer and bad behavior of the few unfortunately makes for bad PR.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, highmarker said:

One of our guys got caught behind and had to ride behind a bare buttcrack for a time. Had concerns about his vision

I should show up with boxes of suspenders for sale, $20 a piece. However, I'd hafta somehow create demand. :thinking:

well, seen my fair share of idiots on trailcorks and bikes. Lots of parking lot pros on both side of the fence I think. Just people being stupid thinking they are cool, not realizing what they looke like doing it. I to have met some real nice quad riders out in the trails. Had a real nice conversation with a hunter on a quad and a lady walking her dog a ccouple of weeks ago out at Belfair. They do exist. Also, met a lot of asshats to, quads and bikes.

• Helpful 1

4 hours ago, highmarker said:

Post ride lawn chair lunch and beverage yesterday. It was like quad riders had an audience coming by  to show off. Spinning doughnuts in the gravel, on and off the throttle trying to wheely, Racing on the roads, loud pipes etc. Exaggerated when they passed by us,  as if we thought it was cool ? or ?  This staging is now called "walmart".... by our group. Quite the show.   

I looped out my brand new yz250 back in 2006, it ghost rode itself through a pretty busy parking lot. I too am a bit of a Tard. 

• Haha 2

Watched a Hispanic lady ride around our staging area carrying a baby in one arm. They call them quadtards for a reason. 

Problem is anyone can ride one. No skill or strength required. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Like you guys haven't had enough of LYFAO daily for the last 4 years,

Nothing like a real $15,000 quad 🙂

secret-service-paid-trump-35000-golf-car

I'll now go back to watching NFL football and drinking Budweiser so as long as that doesn't change, you all will be fine.

2 hours ago, Cycle_Path said:

Well, Biden/Dimslee voters need a hobby too

Right?! Wrong. They’d never operate gasoline powered, carbon emitting thrill machines. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, highmarker said:

They have dirt bike relatives too.

Usually black T shirts, no helmets and on a mid 2000s four-stroke (two strokes are too tinny and not loud enough)

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

2 hours ago, BushPig said:

They have dirt bike relatives too.

Usually black T shirts, no helmets and on a mid 2000s four-stroke (two strokes are too tinny and not loud enough)

i have two of them but no black tee shirts? both pretty quiet. EXC and FE types. :snore:

1 hour ago, shrubitup said:

i have two of them but no black tee shirts? both pretty quiet. EXC and FE types. :snore:

The post was meant to read "mid 2000s MX fourstrokes". Blacked out of course.

My bad.

34 minutes ago, BushPig said:

The post was meant to read "mid 2000s MX fourstrokes". Blacked out of course.

My bad.

Radiators sans plastic cooling fins or guards

Edited by shrubitup
  • Haha 1