highmarker

washington Do quad riders know that we laugh at them ?

I keep telling the DNR they need to make a quadtard only riding area.
Not much space is needed, in fact they could duplicate the north parking lot at Walker with junk cars in the parking lot so they can race up and down it like they do at the real parking lot. Their families can hang out and throw trash on the ground, show off for each-other and spray gravel on the junk cars.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

36 minutes ago, guns_equal_freedom said:

Not much space is needed, in fact they could duplicate the north parking lot at Walker with junk cars in the parking lot so they can race up and down it like they do at the real parking lot. Their families can hang out and throw trash on the ground, show off for each-other and spray gravel on the junk cars.

serially, that made me laugh pretty hard. 

4 hours ago, guns_equal_freedom said:

It will become the most popular place there...

23 hours ago, guns_equal_freedom said:

I think there is a mutant gene that is triggered when these people get on a kwad or S xS. The 4 wheels spinning,  tearing up trail or sending shrapnel into others vehicles.

This gene must be resistant to Covid, cause it's not eliminating them. Lol🤠

Edited by dgodirt
Fixt
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, dgodirt said:

I think there is a mutant gene that is triggered when these people get on a kwad or S xS. The 4 wheels spinning,  tearing up trail or sending shrapnel into others vehicles.  Why else?

Covid must be resistant to this gene, cause it's not eliminating them. Lol🤠

that's exactly it....every time I get on a quad, I lose at least 50 IQ points.....but I have a good time 🙂

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, Slackkinhard said:

that's exactly it....every time I get on a quad, I lose at least 50 IQ points.....but I have a good time 🙂

That explains why this QT barreling around a corner at walker yesterday nearly launching himself off the side of the road while hollering some hillbilly nonsense. He dismounted his balloon buffoon kwad to look at what would have been his demise, then began discussing the theory of relativity to justify his counter-steering. True story!

• Haha 3

Build the parking lot at a 12deg grade with 4 " bumps.

When quad bike speed and the slope steepness are increased to typical values (e.g. 12mph and 12.5°), the bump size needed to cause a rollover quickly reduces (e.g. around 4"). 

quad bump.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

I swear, all we need is a figure 8 course near the parking lot. Can probably take out at least half of them every weekend 🙂

• Like 5
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 1

I’m confused as to what you guys are complaining about.
 are you expecting quad guys to not spin in circles and destroy single track? 

do you guys expect bears to not eat salmon and poop in the woods?

you guys are confusing rational humans with two legged creatures. 
animals do as they do. I would argue you guys are the ones talking to a wall and expecting a rational response. That’s a little insane is it not?

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 3

What pisses me off even more is the adults putting their kids on quads with no skills or protective gear.  I watched a dude in a wife beater and shorts pull a wheelie dump his like dressed 7 year old off the back.  I saw a family with one quad and their 13ish year old daughters riding around barefoot in shorts and crop tops.  My worst encounter was coming back on Peter Burns road (not ripping) and a quad with a kid about 6 years old pops out from behind a van parked on opposite side of the road.  She had target fixation and steered directly towards me.  I had to stand on my breaks. I ended up in damn near a full lock slide as she kept steering towards me. I let off the rear brake at the last second to avoid hitting her knowing I was going to get stood up and spit into the ditch which is exactly what happened.  I missed her by inches.  It was a pretty hard get off with the logs that were laying parallel in the ditch.  Her dad was stepping all over his d@#$ apologizing and saying he he knew it was a bad idea.  I not too happily agreed with him and told him he was in the wrong place.  And "get her some freakin boots!"  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2