Rumor: Beta Motorcycles to enter MXGP as a new manufacturer in 2021?

https://gatedrop.com/rumour-beta-to-enter-mxgp-as-a-new-manufacturer-in-2021/#.X7xVNd7Yrrd

"A number of reliable sources have told us that Beta will be a new manufacturer in the MXGP paddock for the 2021 season. It’s thought that an existing Italian team already in the paddock will switch brands and run the Beta in the MXGP World Championship."

image.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, randysoo said:

interesting. does Beta even make a 250 4T? plus they will have to bump the 430 to a full 450 to keep up with the pack to the first turn

Whenever KTM ran the 350 with the 450s they did pretty good. It takes the right rider. Many manufacturers are making the power hit a lot smoother and doing better that way. I’d like to see a 430 in the mix. 

• Like 1

interesting. does Beta even make a 250 4T? plus they will have to bump the 430 to a full 450 to keep up with the pack to the first turn

Why? How many world championships does the 350 have again...

• Like 1

I call bs. Then Ive been wrong before... but then it’s a total waste. Beta only makes enduro bikes. .. well not only enduro bikes but no mx bikes. The rx is just a tiny side show as far as MX.  

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Haha 2

350 on the longest, fastest start...

0C51EAE9-802B-42C8-B725-5A364BBEFF7A.jpeg

Edited by 298

350,                                                                                                                                                                                or was it a 400?

9 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

I call bs. Then Ive been wrong before... but then it’s a total waste. Beta only makes enduro bikes. .. well not only enduro bikes but no mx bikes. The rx is just a tiny side show as far as MX.  

For an ex-MX guy you sure have a negative view? There is nothing Beta doesn't already have needed to race. As I've said for 5 years now, just take off the lights.

• Helpful 2

19 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

For an ex-MX guy you sure have a negative view? There is nothing Beta doesn't already have needed to race. As I've said for 5 years now, just take off the lights.

At your level.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, 298 said:

350 on the longest, fastest start...

0C51EAE9-802B-42C8-B725-5A364BBEFF7A.jpeg

50ft. out of the gate 😄

They made it work because they had Tony. Even he doesn't run it anymore. But they did surprise some people. If you look at the lap times in MX/SX the 250's and 450's frequently are doing the same times.

1 minute ago, Piney Woods said:

At your level.

They have dominated EnduroGP. MXGP runs the same platform. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CB_M2AFBPSs/

When Mitch built his bike, they stripped it down, had the normal suspension tuning done, somehow got 67 hp out of the 430 with a pipe and a ECU, and he said it was easily as fast as his Kawasaki 450 after 10 minutes on it, and weighed less.

35 minutes ago, Piney Woods said:

Can Beta afford to play with the big boys?

They already are.Think how far they have come in sales since the introduction of the enduro line in 05.Making a competitive race bike is not rocket science.Having the best rider for the least amount of money is. I think this more about being able to make a point in the expanding shadow of the KTM juggernaut.

Edited by Odysseus
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Piney Woods said:

Can Beta afford to play with the big boys?

Beta's production in Italy is up 54% this year. This is a satellite team.

No they aren't presently. This thread addresses MXGP and  eventually US MX . Currently Beta is a non entity. The offroad/enduro stuff is totally irrelevant.

8 minutes ago, Piney Woods said:

No they aren't presently. This thread addresses MXGP and  eventually US MX . Currently Beta is a non entity. The offroad/enduro stuff is totally irrelevant.

The relevance is the machine's capability. Multiple World and National Titles matters. The basic platform is the same, just like the competition's. Engine's, frames, suspension, wheels, brakes etc. are the same from MX to enduro with mild tuning changes. Just like KTM/Husky, Honda, Yamaha, TM etc.

I feel like Beta didn't have faith in their 4t lineup, and as a result never put the top rider's on it. It's all different now.

Edited by Johnny Depp
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Piney Woods said:

Your missing the point George.  You ask can they play with the big boys? And  I'd say yes, they have the resources to give it a shot.They have nothing to loose and everything to gain.Looking at auto racing see what  Porsche became out of the humble origins of the beetle.It's a marketing opportunity that's time has come.

Edited by Odysseus
  • Like 3