He's A Quitter

2 minutes ago, ah665 said:

I sort of hate Gypsy Tales show but I'm not sure why.

I cant stand the Host. He just seems odd.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 2

11 hours ago, 150dirtcomber said:

Saw a commenter getting into it with him over that clickbait title. 

I don’t see how it’s click bait. Seely is the one that said it 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MotorBoatin said:

I don’t see how it’s click bait. Seely is the one that said it 

He said if he stops racing during his big injury he would be quitting. So he returned for one last season to properly “retire”

2 hours ago, 150dirtcomber said:

He said if he stops racing during his big injury he would be quitting. So he returned for one last season to properly “retire”

All I know is that I heard Seely say “I quit”

31 minutes ago, MotorBoatin said:

All I know is that I heard Seely say “I quit”

I know this is probably bait, but this gets me more salty than any of the self fulfilling racer bashing you do on Barcia. And I’m not even much of a Seely fan. 

He literally says: “IF I quit now I feel like I’m quitting and that the sport took me out. I wanted to retire on my own terms so I wanted to do one more year...”

Ah the TT racer bashing echo chamber. It’s like an addicting drug I guess.

AE142E5B-E2CF-4852-A855-B170F1DF9C5D.png

09821686-026E-4DD1-AA67-46BF005F2872.png

"I mean like...", "You know, like...", "I was sorta like...", "It was like...",  This dude talks like a chick from Hollywierd.  I lost count after 20+ "likes".  Go away, enjoy retirement and quit bitching like a girl.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, yzernie said:

"I mean like...", "You know, like...", "I was sorta like...", "It was like...",  This dude talks like a chick from Hollywierd.  I lost count after 20+ "likes".  Go away, enjoy retirement and quit bitching like a girl.

He’s definitely a “Cali boy” through and through. I was pretty interested in his bike builds on his YouTube. But then he started complaining that Honda didn’t want to keep sending him bikes to build and paying him after retirement and I lost a bit of respect. 

• Like 1

Where is the bike 'building'?

Builders workshops have gritty floors, and mills, lathes, benders and welders, and racks of material.

They produce frames and swinging arms, tanks and triple clamps, etc.

His bikes are just coloured and coated standard components and other people's bolt ons.

Maybe that is 'building' to millenials?

Edited by Momus
  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1

19 hours ago, 150dirtcomber said:

I know this is probably bait, but this gets me more salty than any of the self fulfilling racer bashing you do on Barcia. And I’m not even much of a Seely fan. 

He literally says: “IF I quit now I feel like I’m quitting and that the sport took me out. I wanted to retire on my own terms so I wanted to do one more year...”

Ah the TT racer bashing echo chamber. It’s like an addicting drug I guess.

AE142E5B-E2CF-4852-A855-B170F1DF9C5D.png

09821686-026E-4DD1-AA67-46BF005F2872.png

I must be watching a different video because all I’m hearing is 

DF6D78B8-5544-49B0-8859-EA6E106A14FB.jpeg.8c85c84063b8078250c904cf48bed189.jpeg

Edited by MotorBoatin
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Momus said:

Where is the bike 'building'?

Builders workshops have gritty floors, and mills, lathes, benders and welders, and racks of material.

They produce frames and swinging arms, tanks and triple clamps, etc.

His bikes are just coloured and coated standard components and other people's bolt ons.

Maybe that is 'building' to millenials?

I've noticed a big shift in terminology like that too, assembly is confused with build especially in the bicycle crowd.  Same thing with the word program, oh I programmed my alarm clock to go off at 9.  Noooo you set your alarm clock.  A kid was talking about his racing motorcycles, turns out he rode his on a track so he says he was racing.  I'm not quite sure if you buy an 80% lower, and a kit with an unchambered bore, if you built or assembled the firearm.  That's a bit of a gray area.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mxaniac said:

I've noticed a big shift in terminology like that too, assembly is confused with build especially in the bicycle crowd.  Same thing with the word program, oh I programmed my alarm clock to go off at 9.  Noooo you set your alarm clock.  A kid was talking about his racing motorcycles, turns out he rode his on a track so he says he was racing.  I'm not quite sure if you buy an 80% lower, and a kit with an unchambered bore, if you built or assembled the firearm.  That's a bit of a gray area.

Just like Meyer’s “I quit” title. 
“Bike Build” sounds better and gets more clicks than “Bike assembly of parts I ordered.”

• Like 2

12 hours ago, MotorBoatin said:

must be watching a different video because all I’m hearing is 

New thread title:

Cole Seely:  "I like quitting."

On 11/26/2020 at 2:55 PM, yzernie said:

My son was doing that as a teenager.  Just infuriating, when they are little you just want them to learn to talk.  Once they do, you just want them to stop.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, mxaniac said:

My son was doing that as a teenager.  Just infuriating, when they are little you just want them to learn to talk.  Once they do, you just want them to stop.

My 21 year old has a new “but no” speech impediment going on. Drives me nuts

22 hours ago, MotorBoatin said:

My 21 year old has a new “but no” speech impediment going on. Drives me nuts

Better than the bizknob wanna be smart boys and girls with their "problematic" and "new normal" and their "reach out".

@#$_ I hate middle management types.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 7thirtyseven said:

Better than the bizknob wanna be smart boys and girls with their "problematic" and "new normal" and their "reach out".

@#$_ I hate middle management types.

I remember when the TV show Dawson's Creek came out all the kids started using big words. Drove me nutz.