JOHNY WALKER SPLITS FROM KTM

I can't remember where I saw it but I watched a video of a more local type of race and I would have sworn I saw Walker on a Beta. It really shocked me as I knew he rode for KTM but now, after hearing they split, I think it was him for sure.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, SS109 said:

I can't remember where I saw it but I watched a video of a more local type of race and I would have sworn I saw Walker on a Beta. It really shocked me as I knew he rode for KTM but now, after hearing they split, I think it was him for sure.

Ya Husky and now Gas Gas would be out so IMO so either Beta or Sherco (TM would be a stretch unless he was going as a privateer) or he is actually retiring and starting to do world wide Hard Enduro training schools or opening his own distillery 🙂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PhilthyX said:

Ya Husky and now Gas Gas would be out so IMO so either Beta or Sherco (TM would be a stretch unless he was going as a privateer) or he is actually retiring and starting to do world wide Hard Enduro training schools or opening his own distillery 🙂

Hes gonna be riding a Kawasaki.  He's developing a clutch for Tomac 🤣

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, 777654321 said:

Hes gonna be riding a Kawasaki.  He's developing a clutch for Tomac 🤣

Then it would lead me to ask, is Tomac going to start doing Hard Enduro and Walker doing SX/MX..................? 🙂

Edited by PhilthyX

Just now, PhilthyX said:

Then it would lead me to ask, is Tomac going to start doing Hard Enduro and Walker doing SX/MX..................? 🙂

TOMAC already does hard enduro, thats how he trains.

On 11/26/2020 at 11:55 AM, 777654321 said:

Hes either retiring or should see him on another brand soon.

Jonny had a pretty big salary and was not getting results in the last few years with all his injuries. 

On 11/26/2020 at 2:30 PM, Elevenbravo said:

Beta or Sherco, I’m guessing. 

Not Beta. 

• Helpful 2

7 minutes ago, mxaniac said:

Bring out the 760!

Nah.  He will be on a water cooled 700.  Depending on what part of the world he is racing he will go with the Maico or ATK motif.  Obviously, this is his bike ready to go for the next TKO.

image.png.5a5b6d9e1ca6683ca0b065af45a54ce8.png

• Like 1

On 11/26/2020 at 7:38 PM, shmuck409 said:

Something I'm curious about though is does TM have any pre existing energy drink contracts? 

I would be surprised to see Jonny without a RedBull contract as he's still a top talent in his discipline much like when Kenny left RBKTM and kept the sponsorship to date.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2020 at 6:19 PM, Cullins said:

TM doesn’t have the $ to afford him. 
If I had to guess (and it’s a total guess) I’m thinking Beta. They are doing very well with huge growth and should have the budget for him. 

My thoughts, too.  Sherco is already pretty stacked with talent. 

Based on how many Betas I see in the woods these days, and the fact that there aren't usually many bikes on showroom floors, Beta should surely have the money for it.  I've always been surprised at Beta's lack of reasonable showing at hard enduros.  I think it's just because they haven't really gone after top talent riders (yet).

I'm not sure how national vs. international teams work, but Max Gerston and Beta USA just parted ways, so that's both a hard enduro and endurocross opening at least in the US.  Walker would fill that spot nicely (assuming he'd regularly travel to the US for the races here).

Well sounds like he's not retiring and as I previously posted, I can imagine him going privateer, buying what he thinks is the best bike for him and going out and if not winning doing extremely well.

At the very least we've got other things to chat about in Pro other than US SX/MX 🙂

• Like 1

I believe what he says but I am sure he will get an offer. Even if he earns less money everything would be better than starting as a privateer. We'll see 🙂

• Like 1

Yeah Manny took his spot on the team. Manny had some factory support, but in a recent video he said he's a full factory rider now. I'm sure Jonny will do great on whatever bike he chooses if he stops getting injured.

6 hours ago, brysonrs said:

Yeah Manny took his spot on the team. Manny had some factory support, but in a recent video he said he's a full factory rider now. I'm sure Jonny will do great on whatever bike he chooses if he stops getting injured.

He was a full factory rider last season. 

• Like 1