Big Al Back to Rock River

18 minutes ago, Zinergy said:

Going to be a lot of blu covering up front of the first turn and with midgets riding them. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

The big difference for the Martin brothers and 2021 is that there will be no Cooper Webb there and the drama that swirled around him and caused the bad mojo with the team.

2 hours ago, thsp485 said:

The big difference for the Martin brothers and 2021 is that there will be no Cooper Webb there and the drama that swirled around him and caused the bad mojo with the team.

The brothers are on 2 separate teams. Jmart is on the factory Yamaha Star team. Alex is on a satellite Yamaha team.

I really need to stop in at Rock River one of these days and check it out. I literally drive past it multiple times a month on my way to and from the cabin. I believe they have prepped race bikes for sale on the showroom floor.

Edited by Zinergy
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, Zinergy said:

The bothers are on 2 separate teams. Jmart is on the factory Yamaha Star team. Alex is on a satellite Yamaha team.

I really need to stop in at Rock River one of these days and check it out. I literally drive past it multiple times a month on my way to and from the cabin. I believe they have prepped race bikes for sale on the showroom floor.

That sounds interesting, where is this Rock River thing?

1 hour ago, Piney Woods said:

That sounds interesting, where is this Rock River thing?

Johnsons Creek, WI. A small town right off the I-94 between Milwaukee and the state capital of Madison.

I just checked their website and they only have 2 modded bikes listed. Nothing crazy though, just suspension, full exhaust etc. Probably have more bikes in spring when their riders are trading up to new models. Oh, they do have one of their custom race trailers listed for 99,000.

Edited by Zinergy

2 hours ago, KTMRider4Life said:

Al is a little guy. 

I know, I kept hearing about troll trains and have been consistently let down.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Zinergy said:

The brothers are on 2 separate teams. Jmart is on the factory Yamaha Star team. Alex is on a satellite Yamaha team.

Yes, but it is a throwback to 2014 when AMart was on Rock River and JMart was on Star.  Or maybe that was 2015....

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

Yes, but it is a throwback to 2014 when AMart was on Rock River and JMart was on Star.  Or maybe that was 2015....

Yep, 2015 Jeremy won the title on the factory Yam and Alex had a great season on the Rock river Yam.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 150dirtcomber said:

What is it that you expect to see when you hear "Troll Train"? Trolls running a train on someone?

4 hours ago, 150dirtcomber said:

Troll knows how to sell stuff though. One minute Philthy Phil is giving him shit for eating Split and the next minute they are a sponsor on Big Al's helmet.

image.thumb.png.68e2029de15423b2d077a98f8ed5f219.png

4 hours ago, Zinergy said:

Yep, 2015 Jeremy won the title on the factory Yam and Alex had a great season on the Rock river Yam.

Was it Factory or Star?

4 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

Was it Factory or Star?

Wasn't star the factory team in 250? And now as of 2021 star is the factory 450 team too... right?

Edited by Zinergy

4 minutes ago, Zinergy said:

Isnt star the factory team in 250? And now as of 2021 star is the factory 450 team too... right?

Sort of.  I'm guessing Yamaha kicks in some funds.  But I think Star controls their own stuff.  That doesn't mean that there aren't Japanese works cranks in there.

Star with the 250 was never in the same situation that the 450 factory team was in.  With Yamaha USA guys calling the shots on the 450 team.

Edited by redrider144

J-Mart has to be trembling.  He thought all the horse power was his.

😉

2021 is looking good! 

What happened to Noren.  Has he been picked up yet?