Big Al Back to Rock River

who in the hell is big AL,,,, the martin bros are pip squeeks. split nutrition, never herd of them,, might check out now though.

Peanut butter and grape jelley? This is good nutrition???    PRO TIP,, if your fat and past 30,,, DON'T eat it.

Limited Edition: Alex Martin Split Spotlight Box

1 box. 10 Packs.

SPLIT SPOTLIGHT: Split Nutrition is excited to launch our first-ever Split Spotlight co-branded box collaboration with our friend and motocross athlete, Alex Martin! DETAILS:

FLAVOR: 10 packs of our classic Peanut Butter + Grape Jelly combination.

GOLDEN TICKET SWEEPSTAKES: Inside every box is the chance to find a Golden Ticket to win a signed edition of one of Alex Martin’s exclusive jerseys! The more you grab, the better your chances.

WHY WE MADE IT:

Our mission is to share the best way to PB&J with communities on-the-go so that they can feed their activity anytime, anywhere with quality ingredients that taste delicious.

We aim to feed busy lifestyles like Martin’s through a motocross season that calls for feel-good snacks you can take on travels, to training, to the racetrack - and he shares our belief in real, quality foods to support healthy living and peak performance.

We love that Alex’s community is one that’s excited about his accomplishments - but also excited to have some fun along the way. That’s why we’re excited to share a fun, delicious, better-for-you version of a classic snack that supports the motocross and supercross community.

Edited by KABLEXXL TRUMP 2020
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

Sort of.  I'm guessing Yamaha kicks in some funds.  But I think Star controls their own stuff.  That doesn't mean that there aren't Japanese works cranks in there.

Star with the 250 was never in the same situation that the 450 factory team was in.  With Yamaha USA guys calling the shots on the 450 team.

But star is the yamaha premier team with full factory support. So even though they're not run by Yamaha I would think they are considered the factory team.

But anyway, yea jmart won on the star team in 2015 and alex had a good season with rock river. And then star picked alex up in 2016... and then dropped him in 2017 I think?

3 minutes ago, Zinergy said:

But star is the yamaha premier team with full factory support. So even though they're not run by Yamaha I would think they are considered the factory team.

But anyway, yea jmart won on the star team in 2015 and alex had a good season with rock river. And then star picked alex up in 2016... and then dropped him in 2017 I think?

Yes like Geico was supported by Honda.  Star is definitely the premier team.

Yeah that sounds right.

44 minutes ago, KABLEXXL TRUMP 2020 said:

who in the hell is big AL,,,, the martin bros are pip squeeks. split nutrition, never herd of them,, might check out now though.

Peanut butter and grape jelley? This is good nutrition???    PRO TIP,, if your fat and past 30,,, DON'T eat it.

Limited Edition: Alex Martin Split Spotlight Box

1 box. 10 Packs.

SPLIT SPOTLIGHT: Split Nutrition is excited to launch our first-ever Split Spotlight co-branded box collaboration with our friend and motocross athlete, Alex Martin! DETAILS:

FLAVOR: 10 packs of our classic Peanut Butter + Grape Jelly combination.

GOLDEN TICKET SWEEPSTAKES: Inside every box is the chance to find a Golden Ticket to win a signed edition of one of Alex Martin’s exclusive jerseys! The more you grab, the better your chances.

WHY WE MADE IT:

Our mission is to share the best way to PB&J with communities on-the-go so that they can feed their activity anytime, anywhere with quality ingredients that taste delicious.

We aim to feed busy lifestyles like Martin’s through a motocross season that calls for feel-good snacks you can take on travels, to training, to the racetrack - and he shares our belief in real, quality foods to support healthy living and peak performance.

We love that Alex’s community is one that’s excited about his accomplishments - but also excited to have some fun along the way. That’s why we’re excited to share a fun, delicious, better-for-you version of a classic snack that supports the motocross and supercross community.

They had these at my running club they were ok at least as freebies. Never tried any other flavor.

image.thumb.png.396b0414bb350702e868e83976d92b53.png

5 hours ago, Zinergy said:

What is it that you expect to see when you hear "Troll Train"? Trolls running a train on someone?

Yeah...... that’s it.

I wonder how close the RR bikes are or will be to the Star bikes.  I doubt they would share their technology, parts or "secret" info.  

22 minutes ago, yzernie said:

I wonder how close the RR bikes are or will be to the Star bikes.  I doubt they would share their technology, parts or "secret" info.  

I doubt they would share such things as well. Alex seems confident his RR Yamaha will have more power than his JGR zuk, though he probably hasn't ridden a RR Yamaha since 2015. So unless the 2015 RR Yamaha had more power than his 2020 factory JGR zuk he was probably just talking up his new team/bike.

Edited by Zinergy

1 minute ago, Zinergy said:

I doubt they would share such things as well. Alex seems confident his RR Yamaha will have more power than his JGR zuk, though he probably hasn't ridden a RR Yamaha since 2015. So unless the 2015 RR Yamaha had more power than his 2020 factory JGR zuk he was probably just talking up his new team/bike.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out.  He pulled good starts on the banana so if the RR bike is even a little bit better he should be gtg.

• Like 1

IDK if the smallest rider on the circuit will really be at home with the bike with the largest ergos.  Might be nothing to that, his brother seems fine on it.  I just remember conventional wisdom used to be us short guys should avoid green and blue.

18 hours ago, Zinergy said:

What is it that you expect to see when you hear "Troll Train"? Trolls running a train on someone?

I wasn't being serious lol

33 minutes ago, Zinergy said:

Hard to say.  He was very competitive against the Star bikes back in '15 and he was still running against the likes of JMart and Webb.  Straight up, those two guys have his number on almost any day though, regardless of bike.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, mxaniac said:

IDK if the smallest rider on the circuit will really be at home with the bike with the largest ergos.  Might be nothing to that, his brother seems fine on it.  I just remember conventional wisdom used to be us short guys should avoid green and blue.

Jmart is a lot taller and bigger than Amart I think.

1 minute ago, Chaconne said:

Jmart is a lot taller and bigger than Amart I think.

I thought it was 5'6" vs 5'4" when I made that remark.  I just looked it up, Jeremy is 5'8" so you are correct.  I'll go stand in the corner with my dunce cap (perhaps a tradition we need to return to) on.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, mxaniac said:

I thought it was 5'6" vs 5'4" when I made that remark.  I just looked it up, Jeremy is 5'8" so you are correct.  I'll go stand in the corner with my dunce cap (perhaps a tradition we need to return to) on.

Amart reminds me of RC in body type but I don't think the Yam will give him those GOAT chops..

5 minutes ago, Chaconne said:

Amart reminds me of RC in body type but I don't think the Yam will give him those GOAT chops..

Alex is a consistent 5th place guy with an occasional podium and at this point in his career will probably never be anything more. I like him though and am glad he has a ride for at least 1 more season.

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

2 hours ago, yzernie said:

Star builds their own bikes while RR will run GYTR motors. 

• Helpful 1

14 minutes ago, GBow521 said:

Star builds their own bikes while RR will run GYTR motors. 

So the RR motors are built by Yamaha and then sent to RR as a complete motor?

Edited by Zinergy