Jump to content

Gas Gas Pricing

Recommended Posts

If I sold my 20 TC 250 and bought a gas gas 21 125 , I bet I could almost break even 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just looked and I can upgrade for less than 1k UK 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do like the 250 , but it's hard to start ,I have a bad right knee , I never should have got the 18 and 19 150s ,I should have got the 125 , I think it's a more rounded power ,the 150 is mostly top ,the opposite of what you go to for a big bore 

 

I don't know what I want lol 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, mog said:

I do like the 250 , but it's hard to start ,I have a bad right knee , I never should have got the 18 and 19 150s ,I should have got the 125 , I think it's a more rounded power ,the 150 is mostly top ,the opposite of what you go to for a big bore 

 

I don't know what I want lol 

Get the new 125 ride the shit out of it and smile. I know i could do faster laps on a 250f but for enjoyment nothing compares to riding a crisp 125. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mog said:

I do like the 250 , but it's hard to start ,I have a bad right knee , I never should have got the 18 and 19 150s ,I should have got the 125 , I think it's a more rounded power ,the 150 is mostly top ,the opposite of what you go to for a big bore 

 

I don't know what I want lol 

I've had several knee surgeries and cadaver parts in both knees.  If I stand on a bike stand with my left leg the first time I start the bike each day it makes a big difference.  The rest of the day just seems to go easier after it's warmed up and I avoided the initial strain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mxaniac said:

I've had several knee surgeries and cadaver parts in both knees.  If I stand on a bike stand with my left leg the first time I start the bike each day it makes a big difference.  The rest of the day just seems to go easier after it's warmed up and I avoided the initial strain. 

The first kick is the worst ,I sometimes get a friend to start it from cold 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mog said:

I do like the 250 , but it's hard to start ,I have a bad right knee , I never should have got the 18 and 19 150s ,I should have got the 125 , I think it's a more rounded power ,the 150 is mostly top ,the opposite of what you go to for a big bore 

 

I don't know what I want lol 

Poor guy. I feel so free ever since I decided to stick with Yamaha 2 strokes, I don't have even think about what the new model is going to be like. BNG!🤣

If it weren't for you guys talking about shootouts, I wouldn't even know who has been winning them...as I haven't read or watched one for at least three years now. I don't care what the others have or are doing. I just ride what I got and every few years swap it for a new one.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, indy rider said:

Poor guy. I feel so free ever since I decided to stick with Yamaha 2 strokes, I don't have even think about what the new model is going to be like. BNG!🤣

If it weren't for you guys talking about shootouts, I wouldn't even know who has been winning them...as I haven't read or watched one for at least three years now. I don't care what the others have or are doing. I just ride what I got and every few years swap it for a new one.

There's something sexy in that post 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, indy rider said:

Poor guy. I feel so free ever since I decided to stick with Yamaha 2 strokes, I don't have even think about what the new model is going to be like. BNG!🤣

If it weren't for you guys talking about shootouts, I wouldn't even know who has been winning them...as I haven't read or watched one for at least three years now. I don't care what the others have or are doing. I just ride what I got and every few years swap it for a new one.

Some good logic there.  Brilliant really, I've got to give you credit.  Set your baseline for the most disappointing bike ever and then nothing can get worse!  😆😆😆

I know I know many people love that bike.  I didn't like them in 2005, I didn't like them in 2006 with the new forks, and I still don't like them in 2020.  It's just me I suppose, they just aren't my cup of tea.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mxaniac said:

Some good logic there.  Brilliant really, I've got to give you credit.  Set your baseline for the most disappointing bike ever and then nothing can get worse!  😆😆😆

I know I know many people love that bike.  I didn't like them in 2005, I didn't like them in 2006 with the new forks, and I still don't like them in 2020.  It's just me I suppose, they just aren't my cup of tea.

It's all in the rider. Skill level and fitness determines your speed. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, indy rider said:

It's all in the rider. Skill level and fitness determines your speed. 

I had a friend that was always the better faster rider than I.  It would be a cold day in hell before he could best me in a race.  He just didn't have what it takes mentally to focus and perform in front of a crowd.

But yes, other than the rare exceptions like I mentioned, I agree with you. I've seen world class talent that could look good on a Hodaka.  Never mind the time a fast pro was on my bike and my wife walks up, I didn't know your bike could go that fast......

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, mxaniac said:

Some good logic there.  Brilliant really, I've got to give you credit.  Set your baseline for the most disappointing bike ever and then nothing can get worse!  😆😆😆

I know I know many people love that bike.  I didn't like them in 2005, I didn't like them in 2006 with the new forks, and I still don't like them in 2020.  It's just me I suppose, they just aren't my cup of tea.

 

11 hours ago, indy rider said:

It's all in the rider. Skill level and fitness determines your speed. 

Both the YZ125/250 are as good as any bike on the market. Not saying they are the best bike for everyone, but in general, they are such well-rounded bikes and very versatile. I don't regret getting my YZ over a KTM/Husky 1 bit. Especially since it took an investment to get my Husky 350 suspension sorted out to my liking, so I would've had to do the same thing to the Husky 2 stroke, had I gone that route. The YZ was great stock. A few bolt-ons for the motor and that bike isn't holding me back 1 bit.

Edited by ah665
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, redrider144 said:

YZ250F

I thought about it ,too tall and wide imo ..

 

 

And I hear not very reliable in recent years 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×
×
  • Create New...