Gas Gas Pricing

27 minutes ago, mog said:

I thought about it ,too tall and wide imo ..

And I hear not very reliable in recent years 

Everyone that has tried mine so far loved it.  Have you had a chance to try a 2019 or newer on a track?

8 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

Everyone that has tried mine so far loved it.  Have you had a chance to try a 2019 or newer on a track?

Are they 5,5? 

29 minutes ago, ah665 said:

350?

I have considered it 

40 minutes ago, mog said:

Are they 5,5? 

I've often wondered if my short stature is the reason I don't gel with blue.  I also suspect their rear linkage is different.  I always feel unsettled when coming in to the corners on blue, as if the rear end is just off doing its own thing.  Then inevitably I get some push and I exit wide.

1 minute ago, redrider144 said:

No, I meant to point out that nobody mog sized has tried it.

I have not rode a modern one honestly 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mog said:

I have not rode a modern one honestly 

If you are used to KTM / Husky, they still feel kinda goofy. You just have to have it in your head that unless somehow it is a major deal breaker, you deal with it and eventually get used to it. On a 250F it's not that big of a deal. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, indy rider said:

It's all in the rider. Skill level and fitness determines your speed. 

You tell em kid 🤣

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mxracer515 said:

It's faster just because it's red!  Not mine a friends .imagejpeg.jpg.18de5d2980834f02137bc1aec9e7977f.jpg

Cast clamps are all the rage these days 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, ah665 said:

Both the YZ125/250 are as good as any bike on the market. Not saying they are the best bike for everyone, but in general, they are such well-rounded bikes and very versatile. I don't regret getting my YZ over a KTM/Husky 1 bit. Especially since it took an investment to get my Husky 350 suspension sorted out to my liking, so I would've had to do the same thing to the Husky 2 stroke, had I gone that route. The YZ was great stock. A few bolt-ons for the motor and that bike isn't holding me back 1 bit.

👍

• Helpful 1

7 hours ago, mxaniac said:

I've often wondered if my short stature is the reason I don't gel with blue.  I also suspect their rear linkage is different.  I always feel unsettled when coming in to the corners on blue, as if the rear end is just off doing its own thing.  Then inevitably I get some push and I exit wide.

@MotorBoatin will tell you the Yamaha's understeer, he's been preaching it for a while.

32 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

@MotorBoatin will tell you the Yamaha's understeer, he's been preaching it for a while.

I used to set my YZ250 to 100mm rear sag.  It didn't push but it had a lot of weight on the front.  So not very forgiving.  But it turned.

Only brands I ever felt at home on are Maico, Honda, and Suzuki.  That doesn't mean I won't ride other brands, haven't be able to go fast on other brands, or haven't owned other brands.  I always seem to migrate back to one of them though.

8 minutes ago, mxaniac said:

Only brands I ever felt at home on are Maico, Honda, and Suzuki.  That doesn't mean I won't ride other brands, haven't be able to go fast on other brands, or haven't owned other brands.  I always seem to migrate back to one of them though.

All three turn...or turned...better than the other brands 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MotorBoatin said:

All three turn...or turned...better than the other brands 

Yes, and I derived all my confidence from the corners so it's no big surprise.  Besides, nothing says manly like riding PAST the headshake 🙂

25 minutes ago, mxaniac said:

Yes, and I derived all my confidence from the corners so it's no big surprise.  Besides, nothing says manly like riding PAST the headshake 🙂

Honda headshake sure gets your attention 🤣

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, 777654321 said:

Honda headshake sure gets your attention 🤣

Actually my Maico before I put stiffer fork springs in it, holy crap I'd forgotten what those bikes were like.  My son's CR125R does it when the rear shock bushings get some wear in them, but nothing like that Maico.  I think I soiled not only my underwear, but all next weeks underwear too.

• Like 1