Jump to content

Gas Gas Pricing

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, MotorBoatin said:

No, they are tailoring the bike for each individual rider

Was Maniac always a Yamahumper and I apparently didn't see it?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

Was Maniac always a Yamahumper and I apparently didn't see it?

Your throwing a leg over one .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, MotorBoatin said:

No, they are tailoring the bike for each individual rider

On the other hand the YZ450 has been a lost cause since 2010 and hasn't been fixed yet. Don't take my word for it ask Reed, Stewart, Webb, Plessinger, Hill and Ferrandis

Now that JGR is bankrupt I bet you could get an honest opinion out of them as well 

The 450 is an outlier. There is more things in play than the chassis understeer. Weight placement and the backwards motor etc is the root of that. I think bringing that topic into the conversation is opening a whole new can of worms. Main point is the Yamaha 2strokes (and their line up of bikes in general) do not have an oversteer "problem." You just don't like them, which that is your opinion. But there is nothing wrong with those bikes. Set them up and you can hit any rut without issue and front end push really isn't an issue on flatter corners. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

Was Maniac always a Yamahumper and I apparently didn't see it?

Yamahumper is a wee bit of an understatement...

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MANIAC998 said:

I do hide it well.

My Girl call’s it being “subtle”.

You hide it as well as I hide the saliva dripping from the corners of my mouth when standing in front of an "all you can eat" buffet.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, ah665 said:

The 450 is an outlier. There is more things in play than the chassis understeer. Weight placement and the backwards motor etc is the root of that. I think bringing that topic into the conversation is opening a whole new can of worms. Main point is the Yamaha 2strokes (and their line up of bikes in general) do not have an oversteer "problem." You just don't like them, which that is your opinion. But there is nothing wrong with those bikes. Set them up and you can hit any rut without issue and front end push really isn't an issue on flatter corners. 

The 125 handling is solid the 250 not so much  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MANIAC998 said:

I do hide it well.

My Girl call’s it being “subtle”.

I don’t think you’re so much be subtle as you are embarrassed.  No need to be embarrassed though, they make some good bikes, only the 450 is an embarrassment 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

I don’t think you’re so much be subtle as you are embarrassed.  No need to be embarrassed though, they make some good bikes, only the 450 is an embarrassment 

Yamaha has only one embarrassment?  Yamaha has been beating many of their road offerings with the ugly stick.  It is like all of the interns that were working on the Transformer movies and couldn't find jobs at GM to design terrible Silverados and Cameros (intentional misspelling!) got scooped up by Yamaha.

These are the true embarrassments.  The YZ450F isn't really an embarrassment as much as it is just stubbornness.  Yamaha stuck with the 5 valve head for decades and they are going to ride this reverse head crap out until they go electric.  I am not sure how Yamaha expects 8 year olds to pony up the money, much less the inseam, to ride one of the MTs or a Niken.

image.png.5be19a9c8e1982523b68736118a626e8.pngimage.png.cbc6502750fe5430fddbcbd188015672.png

Edited by eastreich
  • Helpful 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mid 80s yz?  Now that was an embarrassment.  The gimmicks they tried instead of fixing the bike was ridiculous.  BASS and Roost Boost come to mind.  And then to pour salt on the wound the bikes were reliable enough those pieces of crap are still around to remind everyone how crappy they were.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mxaniac said:

Mid 80s yz?  Now that was an embarrassment.  The gimmicks they tried instead of fixing the bike was ridiculous.  BASS and Roost Boost come to mind.  And then to pour salt on the wound the bikes were reliable enough those pieces of crap are still around to remind everyone how crappy they were.

You are thinking of the Boost Bottle (YEIS aka Yamaha Energy Induction System).  The last Banshees to roll off the assembly line in 2006 still had the ports in the reed assemblies to attach the boost bottles up, they just had a hose connecting the two blocks instead of the bottle.

The Roost Boost was an Answer Racing aftermarket "ignition modifier" that was equally ineffective.  But I still had to have one on my Yamaha TT350!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KTMRider4Life said:

Sheesh, and I get the reputation as a Yamaha hater around here? I hope the people that call me a hater are paying attention

I will say it: I hate Yamahas.

  • Angry 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They aren't perfect, but no brand is. You can go back and find turds in anyone's line-up through the years. But the 80's Yamahas may have had an understeer issue, but that doesn't mean every generation after that does. And I'm saying if someone can't get a modern YZ 2sroke to turn, then you are doing something wrong in your technique or set-up. And just because it won't slice like a Suzuki doesn't mean it won't turn. There is a difference between preference and an engineering flaw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ah665 said:

the 80's Yamahas may have had an understeer issue, but that doesn't mean every generation after that does

And just because it won't slice like a Suzuki doesn't mean it won't turn

There is a difference between preference and an engineering flaw.

Yet that is the case

Yes it does

Not really. The green and orange bikes figured it out 

  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, eastreich said:

You are thinking of the Boost Bottle (YEIS aka Yamaha Energy Induction System).  The last Banshees to roll off the assembly line in 2006 still had the ports in the reed assemblies to attach the boost bottles up, they just had a hose connecting the two blocks instead of the bottle.

The Roost Boost was an Answer Racing aftermarket "ignition modifier" that was equally ineffective.  But I still had to have one on my Yamaha TT350!

Yeah that's probably more like it.  BASS, YEIS, and they also had YICS, bunch of braniacs in the marketing department I tell you what.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, eastreich said:

You are thinking of the Boost Bottle (YEIS aka Yamaha Energy Induction System).  The last Banshees to roll off the assembly line in 2006 still had the ports in the reed assemblies to attach the boost bottles up, they just had a hose connecting the two blocks instead of the bottle.

The Roost Boost was an Answer Racing aftermarket "ignition modifier" that was equally ineffective.  But I still had to have one on my Yamaha TT350!

I put a roost boost on my 86 CR125

I must have plugged and unplugged that thing 100 times trying to feel a difference. It was a big POS but it looked cool hanging off the frame so I left it there unplugged  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×
×
  • Create New...