Gas Gas Pricing

5 hours ago, ah665 said:

They aren't perfect, but no brand is. You can go back and find turds in anyone's line-up through the years.

Nope.

Hodaka had no turds. Toads, but no turds.

On 12/4/2020 at 4:39 PM, MotorBoatin said:

Yet that is the case

Yes it does

Not really. The green and orange bikes figured it out 

I have one (it's just white.) I would say that that chassis is an overall better neutral-handling machine, probably the best one out. That being said, if your suspension isn't dialed which is hard to do sometimes with AER fork) then it all goes out the window. It's great on it's good days and terrible on it's bad days. Luckily since my suspension is done, I don't have too many bad days, where it's climbing out of ruts or wanting to stand up in turns. Ironically enough, I've never had any bad days (as far as handling goes) on my Yam 2stroke. 

59 minutes ago, ah665 said:

I have one (it's just white.) I would say that that chassis is an overall better neutral-handling machine, probably the best one out. That being said, if your suspension isn't dialed which is hard to do sometimes with AER fork) then it all goes out the window. It's great on it's good days and terrible on it's bad days. Luckily since my suspension is done, I don't have too many bad days, where it's climbing out of ruts or wanting to stand up in turns. Ironically enough, I've never had any bad days (as far as handling goes) on my Yam 2stroke. 

In my humble opinion, any bike can be made to not climb out of ruts or totally misbehave.  The difference these days is rather nuanced.  My TC250 will take any corner my Honda will, but I far prefer taking the corner on my Honda.  With the Honda I point out towards my line, I feel the front end set, and I roll the throttle on while focusing out of the corner.  With my TC I point towards my line, I focus on weighting the outside peg and keeping my elbow up, I push down on the bars like a street bike, I fidget around a bit to get planted, I roll the throttle on, and I steer my way out of the rut.  We're talking a few milliseconds of uncertainty on the TC that gets me out of my comfort zone.  It's not awful now, it was when I got it but a revalve, removing a chain link, and moving the bars helped immensely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ah665 said:

I also like the way my KTM handles 

You may not have any bad days on the YZ but I know for a fact you never have a great day

• Like 2