Eagle One Mag Wheel Cleaner

It doesn't seem that the original mag wheel cleaner (in the black and yellow bottle) from Eagle One is available anymore. I heard it's really good for cleaning aluminum swingarms, frames, and subframes.

Has anybody used this new one yet? I'm not sure if it's the same stuff in a different bottle or what. 

image.thumb.png.f13ee8a8e9b3dbdfcb09c97926a26486.png

• Helpful 1

I used mag cleaner on some chrome mags I had on a 97 Camaro back in the day, and it seemed to work. Alloy parts on my bikes stay dull, I learned after polishing a kx-125 swing arm, the shine dosent last, and you have to keep "chasing" that shine after riding it, and washing it, even a drop of water will stain it. Get some alloy paint and shoot away the shiny. ?

15 minutes ago, M E T A L A C I D said:

I used mag cleaner on some chrome mags I had on a 97 Camaro back in the day, and it seemed to work. Alloy parts on my bikes stay dull, I learned after polishing a kx-125 swing arm, the shine dosent last, and you have to keep "chasing" that shine after riding it, and washing it, even a drop of water will stain it. Get some alloy paint and shoot away the shiny. ?

So it doesn't work? I saw Cameron Niemela use it with great results

How does the finish on that look?

I want a brushed look (like stock) instead of a mirror finish

I'll be using the fine abrasive from this pack https://www.prymemx.com/collections/wheels/products/cleaningwheelpack?variant=35402946838686 combined with the best cleaner

Edited by lil_squid

Just now, lil_squid said:

Lil squid. Get some medium grit sand paper. 800 grit will do, start at the head stock and scratch it all the way down to the pivot flange. keep it uniform to give your alloy an extruded look. Do that every where. Just straight lines, no swirls none dat. Wipe it down, spray clear coat. bam done..

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

5 minutes ago, lil_squid said:

I'll be using the fine abrasive from this pack https://www.prymemx.com/collections/wheels/products/cleaningwheelpack?variant=35402946838686 combined with the best cleaner

It's not a polish, but a cleaner. It's designed to remove whatever is clinging to the aluminum. If you don't like the look after cleaning, you're then in the refinishing phase.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

9 minutes ago, M E T A L A C I D said:

Second attempt. You could buy some anodizing paint, silver in yer case. Hell why not pimp it out and use gold?  Anodizing paint would be your next logical move..

He used the mag wheel cleaner with a similar abrasive pad as the one I will use. I'm sure it works, but I don't know if the finish will last..

Edited by lil_squid

3 minutes ago, lil_squid said:

He used the mag wheel cleaner with a similar abrasive pad as the one I will use. I'm sure it works, but I don't know if the finish will last..

Wow! Too much work, and the dude is still not satified? Vapor blaster? He has too much time on his hands. Bro, paint it with alloy colored paint. thats too much work. LOL!

• Haha 1

I was literally about to ask about wd-40 and scothbrite. I clicked this thread to start typing that question and I saw my answer :D

So you spray some wd40 on and scrub it back and forth with a pad? Is the Mother's required or no?

Should I wash the wd-40 off with a sponge and some degreaser when I'm done?