PhilthyX

Dakar 2021

I usually wait a bit longer to post this but Jan 5th to the 15th 2021.

https://www.dakar.com/en

It's obviously not the same as the TT and will be different in 2021 but as always I'm looking forward to watching at least the bikes and hope Brabec and Shorty make it over.

It will kinda of suck if this doesn't count due to having all the top riders/drivers but it is what it is and the scenery should again be spectacular.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PhilthyX said:

I'm not sure if its actually PC to use the WHITE word anymore but if I'm not mistaken he was on a Husky the last few years.

Wait until you tell people what the wp on his suspension used to stand for. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, PhilthyX said:

I'm not sure if its actually PC to use the WHITE word anymore but if I'm not mistaken he was on a Husky the last few years.

I think the team tactics of Orange/White, didn’t sit well with Shorty, so he moved onto Blue.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MANIAC998 said:

Shorty is running Blue, isn’t he?

Ya. He didn't like giving up his tire last trip 😁

• Like 1

From what I've read, I think he has handled that tire situation perfectly. Be a team player first, but bitch at his personal lost opportunity.

The team cheaped out.  For $150 they could have signed up for Amazon Prime, and would have had that wheel waiting on the course, exactly where needed, based on previous purchases.

• Like 2

Pretty sure Andrew's time with Husky was going to be up regardless.  Granted, he didn't want to be the "water carrier" but he is not as good at the long rallys (Dakar) as he is on the shorter ones 3 or 4 day ones (self admitted in Jimmy Lewis' TTTT podcast last week).  All of those teams only do the FIM rally series simply as practice/testing for Dakar.  There was also the gear issue for Andrew being on the Husky team.

With the Yamaha ride, he is in more of an "individual" team and he gets to wear his Fly gear.  Win win for Andrew all around, although he will not be in as strong of a team for the overall victory with Yamaha as he would be on one of the Austrian teams.  That is just simple fact.

If Andrew is out of the race for the overall and he comes across a Yamaha rider this year that is and is having problems, he will once again readily give up the parts off his bike to get the rider in contention going again at his own expense.  That is just how he is.

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

For those that don't know, with Jimmy Lewis training Andrew and Ricky (they are currently in road book "boot camp"), he "forces" them to be guests on his show.  Last week's show was pretty good.  Ricky is the first half, Andrew joins for the second half.  It is obviously a pretty relaxed setting for Andrew and Ricky, as this is not even close to a formal interview so I think you get a more true sense of who the guys really are.

https://dirtbiketest.com/fresh-dirt/tech-talk-taco-tuesday-85-with-andrew-short-and-ricky-brabec/

• Like 1

From interviews I've seen, the both seem like laid back dudes and being Canadian I've been following both of them in the last few Dakar's and really like seeing them do as well as they are against all the other countries riders.

I'm sort of a Honda guy and really enjoyed seeing Brabec win last year on one 🙂

I'll watch the above vid later 🙂

On 12/7/2020 at 1:46 PM, PhilthyX said:

Doesn't that husky have white power forks ?