Dakar 2021

On 12/28/2020 at 8:01 PM, Hendricus said:

Ricky got himself a documentary!

Anything can happen at such a long race, but I have to believe he is the favorite to win again. I want Shorty to get up in there as well.

• Like 2

On 12/30/2020 at 8:49 PM, MANIAC998 said:

Anything can happen at such a long race, but I have to believe he is the favorite to win again. I want Shorty to get up in there as well.

Anything can happen indeed. The Saudi hosts are fighting a nasty war with Yemen-to-the-south's Iran backed Houthis. Let's hope geopolitical strife isn't the winner. Good luck to the Americans on Red but a fully fit Price and untested but very solid Sanders are my pick.

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

1 hour ago, Momus said:

Anything can happen indeed. The Saudi hosts are fighting a nasty war with Yemen-to-the-south's Iran backed Houthis. Let's hope geopolitical strife isn't the winner. Good luck to the Americans on Red but a fully fit Price and untested but very solid Sanders are my pick.

Toby is one bad mofo!!!

• Like 2

On 12/31/2020 at 11:27 PM, MANIAC998 said:

Toby is one bad mofo!!!

It’s pretty crazy he is still going that fast after breaking his neck that bad, would take some mental strength to get over that 

• Like 2

Many LOLS.

Last winner #1 Brabec spends months learning to navigate, wins prologue and gets himself and Barreda lost big time in the first stage.

Meanwhile..Toby Price cleans up.

• Like 3

Looking forward to updates - i got crappy internet access for the next 7 days.  

• Like 1

ANDREW SHORT OUT OF 2021 DAKAR RALLY DUE TO BIKE ISSUE

The 2021 Dakar Rally began in the port city of Jeddah, Saudi Arabia on 3rd January and will conclude on the 15th of January in the same city, after coving more than 4660-miles. Andrew Short and Ricky Braebec both carry the flag for Team USA. Ricky Braebec coming off his first ever Dakar Rally win in 2020 was the first rider to line-up for Stage 1 after he won the prologue. Ricky’s first stage wasn’t so hot though, he finished 24th on the day after struggling to navigate the terrain being that he was the first rider off the line. Braebec did turn his luck around for Stage 2 and pulled off a second place on the day to move him up to second place in the overall standings, just 6-minutes and 23-seconds off the leader.

Former AMA Supercross and motocross racer Andrew Short was off to a good start. After the first stage, Andrew Short was doing well, sitting 10th overall in the standings. The Monster Energy Yamaha Rally team stated that “Andrew Short opted for a cautious approach on stage one of the 2021 Dakar Rally. With a new for 2021 rule that allows elite riders just six rear tyres for the entire event, the American rode conservatively throughout the rocky stage with tomorrow’s sandier conditions very much on his mind.”

• Angry 2

15 hours ago, indy rider said:

ANDREW SHORT OUT OF 2021 DAKAR RALLY DUE TO BIKE ISSUE

The 2021 Dakar Rally began in the port city of Jeddah, Saudi Arabia on 3rd January and will conclude on the 15th of January in the same city, after coving more than 4660-miles. Andrew Short and Ricky Braebec both carry the flag for Team USA. Ricky Braebec coming off his first ever Dakar Rally win in 2020 was the first rider to line-up for Stage 1 after he won the prologue. Ricky’s first stage wasn’t so hot though, he finished 24th on the day after struggling to navigate the terrain being that he was the first rider off the line. Braebec did turn his luck around for Stage 2 and pulled off a second place on the day to move him up to second place in the overall standings, just 6-minutes and 23-seconds off the leader.

Former AMA Supercross and motocross racer Andrew Short was off to a good start. After the first stage, Andrew Short was doing well, sitting 10th overall in the standings. The Monster Energy Yamaha Rally team stated that “Andrew Short opted for a cautious approach on stage one of the 2021 Dakar Rally. With a new for 2021 rule that allows elite riders just six rear tyres for the entire event, the American rode conservatively throughout the rocky stage with tomorrow’s sandier conditions very much on his mind.”

I’d be pissed if I were Shorty or Yamaha. 

https://www.motorsport.com/dakar/news/andrew-short-exit-fuel-stop/4935904/?fbclid=IwAR1OoWHWNg83ctH7YvsY6eSG6pwgqy4MwQ_-h1n1V-etLGFuOBduw-uu4-4

• Like 4

9 hours ago, timmyp8823 said:

I'm going to guess that somebody's unqualified "cousin" got the contract without any written requirements.

Oh well, at least he wasn't in charge of the gold mines in Haiti or advising a big energy company.

Edited by mxaniac
  • Angry 1

On 1/5/2021 at 8:26 AM, mxaniac said:

I'm going to guess that somebody's unqualified "cousin" got the contract without any written requirements.

Oh well, at least he wasn't in charge of the gold mines in Haiti or advising a big energy company.

I see what you did there. 🤣

37 minutes ago, PhilthyX said:

I'm having some SERIOUS computer issues as the moment (which is pissing me off to no end :( ) so I thanks for the updates 🙂

Throw it out the window and let me know how good it feels as I've always wanted to do that.  If it's Windows 7 or older and been off for a while manually install KB4474419.

Loving how well Skyler Howes is doing. Utah boy with a privateer effort mixing it up with the big boys! 

1F5E95A4-BFBE-4759-A586-A9622AB4D178.jpeg

• Like 3