PhilthyX

Dakar 2021

In the utvs stage 6

Ex-Bike guy chaleco  lopez lost his lead by being hour down, US Quintero win stage, and jones and Quintero 2 and 3 overall 

I've finally been able to download and watch the 1/2hr daily high lights but IMO watch stage 4 last night and UK coverage not as good a previous years so don't think I'll bother doing this for the rest of the stages this year.

Anyway beautiful country and the coverage does show that off as well as some OK footage of the bikes/cars/trucks stage but it's not the same this year but it is Dakar and IMO the true test of man and machine 🙂

I'll watch this later (thanks) and part of what I missing watching the 1/2hr daily highlights cus they show off the countries etc and spectacular scenery as well as what they help the locals out with.

• Like 1

Toby Price crashes out on stage 9 – the KTM factory rider has reportedly injured his shoulder and was unable to continue.

https://enduro21.com/en/racing/latest/rally/toby-price-crashes-out-of-the-dakar-rally?fbclid=IwAR3xMojzlCZNdTXMbOiPRtx-io9zJkBDLg1ZARhVhElxVZf_0pBB1se2jMM

Edited by indy rider
  • Sad 2

What a brilliant idea. A limitation of the number of tires that may be used. Sure toby price appreciated the increased safety of that new rule during that 800 km ride with a broken tire.

Edited by deanevo
  • Like 1

Quintero out in the UTV.  Jones 2nd overall, so hopefully an american on the podium in that class.

Anyway,  some might know that Jones's dad let Toby Price and Nasser Al-Attiyah race his trophy truck at the 2019 Baja 1000. First timers came in 2nd.

42 minutes ago, soylent_green said:

Quintero out in the UTV.  Jones 2nd overall, so hopefully an american on the podium in that class.

Anyway,  some might know that Jones's dad let Toby Price and Nasser Al-Attiyah race his trophy truck at the 2019 Baja 1000. First timers came in 2nd.

Toby's been racing trucks for a few years.  May have been his first time at Baja, but definitely not his first time racing a long travel truck on BFG Baja T/A's in the desert.

11 hours ago, indy rider said:

Toby Price crashes out on stage 9 – the KTM factory rider has reportedly injured his shoulder and was unable to continue.

https://enduro21.com/en/racing/latest/rally/toby-price-crashes-out-of-the-dakar-rally?fbclid=IwAR3xMojzlCZNdTXMbOiPRtx-io9zJkBDLg1ZARhVhElxVZf_0pBB1se2jMM

The Argentine Luciano Benavides crashed out also he was running 3rd, price 2nd.  Luciano's brother Kevin I think won the stage.

• Like 2

Stage 9

19th  101 (GBR) DAVID KNIGHT  HT RALLY RAID HUSQVARNA RACING

Best finish yet for Knighter .. Good bloke right there !! 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

These guys are very impressive and the speeds they are carrying While looking at roll charts! when I'm racing I can barley look away or even blink my eyes! let alone going warp speed and reading a map...It's a wonder there isn't more big crashes just a spilt second looking at your chart and BAM hit a rock or camel..

Brabec still in it but I think the top 3 guys are prob going to finish ahead...unless BAM damn camel.

• Like 1