Jump to content

The GOAT Hated Racing

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Benhameen said:

There always that guy, my job is way worse than yours, it all relative. sounds like you should have chosen another line of work after retiring for racing. 

My job is super easy and even fun most of the time....

 

 

 

Still burned out. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mog said:

maybe you could spend time trying to understand how others can think differently regarding life choices ? We all have our own beliefs 

I do think about the way others think, but I will never understand the way some people think. 
 

 Unless you’re born wealthy, everyone has to work, except it. Do your best to find something that you can do well and find a boss that you like working for. I get burnout, happens to me, but I don’t get hating and not wanting to go to work. 
 

 My motto has always been, you need to work, learn to love it.  
 

 I trained my ass off when I raced, I learned to love it because it was required for me to be successful, same in life. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GBow521 said:

I do think about the way others think, but I will never understand the way some people think. 
 

 Unless you’re born wealthy, everyone has to work, except it. Do your best to find something that you can do well and find a boss that you like working for. I get burnout, happens to me, but I don’t get hating and not wanting to go to work. 
 

 My motto has always been, you need to work, learn to love it.  
 

 I trained my ass off when I raced, I learned to love it because it was required for me to be successful, same in life. 

Yes you could do with working on understanding people 

 

It's not easy , it's like racing 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Work sucks. But, poverty is suckier, so I chose the lesser of evils. 🤙 You don't need to love your job to do it. I love my family, so I do things I don't like to do to take care of them.

  • Like 4
  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mxaniac said:

I was watching the asphalt guys last summer, it was about 110F and I was thinking to myself, I'm damned glad that's not my job.  But there is a reason I don't do that.  When all my highschool friends were skipping class to smoke weed in the parking lot I was in class.  When they were screwing around I was doing homework.  I sold my bike, took out huge loans (because even then white males had little financial assistance in STEM fields) and got a college degree.  It's not how you get rich, but it's how I broke out of extreme poverty.  Neither parent even had a diploma.  Now of course the irs wants me to supplement the income of everyone out in the parking lot smoking dope.

I went to college, but I used asphalt to pay my way. Once I got out, I continued down that path because I was making decent money. 30 years later I’d say I’m doing ok. 
 

 But yes, you are correct, we get a lot of uneducated guys who work hard doing this type of work. Some stay, some don’t. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HeavyRotationClassic said:

It was an NHS joke. Last I read something like 75% of doctors in the NHS were south Asian. 

Out of date lol 

 

We have huge diversity , it makes the job pretty hard with communication

 

It's not just the doctors , it's all staff ,cleaners , nurses , everyone 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bryan II said:

I love my family, so I do things I don't like to do to take care of them.

Sounds like you've endured @BBA 's dungeon too then.  It's sucks, but we do it for our families.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, GBow521 said:

I went to college, but I used asphalt to pay my way. Once I got out, I continued down that path because I was making decent money. 30 years later I’d say I’m doing ok. 
 

 But yes, you are correct, we get a lot of uneducated guys who work hard doing this type of work. Some stay, some don’t. 

Raking Bones isn't fir everyone 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, mxaniac said:

I was watching the asphalt guys last summer, it was about 110F and I was thinking to myself, I'm damned glad that's not my job.  But there is a reason I don't do that.  When all my highschool friends were skipping class to smoke weed in the parking lot I was in class.  When they were screwing around I was doing homework.  I sold my bike, took out huge loans (because even then white males had little financial assistance in STEM fields) and got a college degree.  It's not how you get rich, but it's how I broke out of extreme poverty.  Neither parent even had a diploma.  Now of course the irs wants me to supplement the income of everyone out in the parking lot smoking dope.

It’s not the IRS that wants you to supplement, they’re just enforcement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, mog said:

Out of date lol 

 

We have huge diversity , it makes the job pretty hard with communication

 

It's not just the doctors , it's all staff ,cleaners , nurses , everyone 

Well, it's only Healthcare, not like effective communication is really that important. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GreatWhiteFire said:

Well, it's only Healthcare, not like effective communication is really that important. 

Exactly , it's a nightmare 

 

I feel for the patients 

 

Also nurses who try to adjust my mask with there hands infuriate me 

Get your hands away from my face idiot 

 

I see stuff daily that makes me question how they got the job 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mog said:

Also nurses who try to adjust my mask with there hands infuriate me 

I will adjust your mask whenever I feel like it!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Bryan II said:

Work sucks. But, poverty is suckier, so I chose the lesser of evils. 🤙 You don't need to love your job to do it. I love my family, so I do things I don't like to do to take care of them.

Fortunately, you have all of us to make your life easier. 👍

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

I will adjust your mask whenever I feel like it!

Your hands are not coming within 3000 miles of me !

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mog said:

You can get mental burnout as well as physical 

 

I've worked in the NHS for 30 years,it's so draining dealing with management and constant change with no obvious reasoning 

"constant change with no obvious reasoning" Bingo! Just a corporate disease for some to justify their jobs. Happens in every organization and will never end.

  • Like 2
  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, CORider63 said:

Fortunately, you have all of us to make your life easier. 👍

👍👍

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can relate to the "becomes a job / burnout" thing. 

I raced for years. No big sponsors. Finally get a partial ride, and then it became "why aren't you hitting the nowheresburg arenacross" (my contract had a specific number of races, and a few can't miss events, and I far exceed it) and "Because it's finals week" wasn't a good enough reason. I was never going to be the next Doug Henry or John Dowd, I was probably more like "local pro, who can run with the big boys on his home turf" at best. But that did suck the fun out of it a bit. 

 

Fast forward 22 years. Now flying for a major airline after 14 years in the Navy (still in reserves). I actually flew a plane for fun for the first time in YEARS, and it was, well, fun. No students, no passengers, not a check ride, just going bombing around in a Cherokee with a local instructor for my rental checkout. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×
×
  • Create New...