Jump to content

2021 Sxpectations

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Ossidog said:

pfffft, far from it 

I like it. One guy not dominating round after round makes it way more entertaining.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Zinergy said:

I like it. One guy not dominating round after round makes it way more entertaining.

Tomac and Webb are keeping the series honest but I must say when Zack is a buzzword it's weak.

Nothing against Zack at all but still we have had times of Ryan's and then the days CR JS RC with RC missing the Ryans.

Bailey Hannah Johnson Lechine Chandler Ward and thrown in Hansen and O'Mara  and Glover where size by side years long.

Bayle and Stanton.   I wanna see another Bradshaw.   Dean rolling around in 11th and being a star is not working for me for some reason.

 I just see it as weak right now. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ossidog said:

Tomac and Webb are keeping the series honest but I must say when Zack is a buzzword it's weak.

Nothing against Zack at all but still we have had times of Ryan's and then the days CR JS RC with RC missing the Ryans.

Bailey Hannah Johnson Lechine Chandler Ward and thrown in Hansen and O'Mara  and Glover where size by side years long.

Bayle and Stanton.   I wanna see another Bradshaw.   Dean rolling around in 11th and being a star is not working for me for some reason.

 I just see it as weak right now. 

 

I understand where you're coming from, but then again Dean Wilson IS a national champion and finished 4th overall in the premier class not long ago.  Anyone with those credentials is typically considered a star, in any era.  Just not THE star, only so many Marty Smith or Bob Hannah types exist.  He's more of a Chuck Sun.  We've had a different champion in SX every year for a while, so no GOAT but the biggest issue from an entertainment perspective in my opinion is the fast easy tracks, not the riders.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, mxaniac said:

I understand where you're coming from, but then again Dean Wilson IS a national champion and finished 4th overall in the premier class not long ago.  Anyone with those credentials is typically considered a star, in any era.  Just not THE star, only so many Marty Smith or Bob Hannah types exist.  He's more of a Chuck Sun.  We've had a different champion in SX every year for a while, so no GOAT but the biggest issue from an entertainment perspective in my opinion is the fast easy tracks, not the riders.

I actually started a second pargrarph but deleted but in essacnce blaming tracks set up based on algorithms of measurements 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ossidog said:

 I just see it as weak right now. 

Top ten looks pretty tough. Only way Deanno finishes the season in the top 10 is if two of these guys are out.

Tomac

Roczen 

Webb

Cianciarulo 

Ferrandis

Muskin

Barcia 

Sexton

Ozbrone

Anderson 

Stewart 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Ossidog said:

All talented  individuals and on the list on merit but as I stated when I reflect back of watching as a fan

since 74 or so and full understanding by 77 I just feel it's a weak era.  This too will evolve as the sport always has.

 

I think another aspect of the racing back then was that there seemed to be a bigger gap between 1st tier and 2nd tier guys.  Today you could say that maybe you have 4-5 top tier guys, but the 2nd tier is much closer and some of those guys can win on any given night. If you look at Indy's list above, 8 of those guys have won a sx on a 450 and the other 3 have the potential to pull off a win.  There is not such a clear division of talent as there used to be back in the day.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, indy rider said:

Don't most of the current list have championships too? :excuseme:

let me look

5 minutes ago, indy rider said:

Don't most of the current list have championships too? :excuseme:

yes, still I see this as a weak era and I am one that accepts another's view and considers the argument 

unlike the for life guy 

  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My first hope is that races even happen. Next is that all the riders are healthy and prepared. I’m ready to see some great racing. Good luck to everyone. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, indy rider said:

Top ten looks pretty tough. Only way Deanno finishes the season in the top 10 is if two of these guys are out.

Tomac

Roczen 

Webb

Cianciarulo 

Ferrandis

Muskin

Barcia 

Sexton

Ozbrone

Anderson 

Stewart 

Sadly, we usually start losing racers even before round 1. Ferrandis almost became the 1st rider to drop out this season, but hopefully he can still make it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there will more than three main event winners, but the three guys who will be battling not just for wins but for a championship I think are, CW, ZO and ET.

We will have to see which of them is the most motivated and I dont think it will be Tomac. But gonna be a good season of racing and Adam and maybe even Sexton should be strong also. Kenny and Marv will have good showings from time to time. 

Barcia and Stewart are the wild cards IMO.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×
×
  • Create New...