2021 Sxpectations

3 minutes ago, Chaconne said:

I haven't focused on it but that is what is has seemed like to me. Guys like CW and KR seem to attack those "holes" too, while ET seems to settle back and avoid the fray --like a stamina guy who knows he will wear most of the pack down.

Trouble is when you give up the front in SX to a guy like Webb he can open a gap that even the fittest stamina guy on the track might not be able to make up.

Doesn't help when the tracks are fast.cookie cutter. I hope they throw in some more technical areas this year.

3 hours ago, mog said:

A reaction off the start is different to the muscle memory ones once your moving 

You get the vaccine yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ossidog said:

Had to have been high to write what he did. 

Hmmm. I don’t know, it’s kind of a joke around just about any camp fire for the last 50+ years. 

13 minutes ago, Randy300XC said:

Hmmm. I don’t know, it’s kind of a joke around just about any camp fire for the last 50+ years. 

13 minutes ago, Randy300XC said:

One has to take what's presented when trolling 

12 hours ago, 777654321 said:

Doesn't help when the tracks are fast.cookie cutter. I hope they throw in some more technical areas this year.

In general I like most of the tracks, especially the fast tracks. I know this wouldnt happen but I would like to see a couple of the tracks have an extended sand section that might take up 1/3rd of the track length. It would make things interesting IMO and could cause some different final results.

• Like 3

On 12/12/2020 at 7:26 AM, Johnny Whitey said:

Pulling for Webb, but am not convinced that 3 herniated discs won't be a nagging issue.  That's some serious stuff.

I've got two herniated discs in my back and it's hard to ride more than twice per week. I do not envy what he is going to have to put himself through in order to stay strong enough for an entire series. Of course I'm 54 and he's a young guy...but nerve pain is relentless, brutal and NOTHING seems to help it but time off to reduce the swelling. It can flair up from the slightest tweak and last weeks, even months at a time.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PB729 said:

I've got two herniated discs in my back and it's hard to ride more than twice per week. I do not envy what he is going to have to put himself through in order to stay strong enough for an entire series. Of course I'm 54 and he's a young guy...but nerve pain is relentless, brutal and NOTHING seems to help it but time off to reduce the swelling. It can flair up from the slightest tweak and last weeks, even months at a time.  

Funny, when I went through 3 herniated discs in 2009, riding helped stretch out and loosen up the muscles in my back which made it feel better. Just don't try to save to the bike if it starts to go down. That'll hurt ya. 

I ended up having surgery(a microdiscectomy) and it completely fixed the problem. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, indy rider said:

Funny, when I went through 3 herniated discs in 2009, riding helped stretch out and loosen up the muscles in my back which made it feel better. Just don't try to save to the bike if it starts to go down. That'll hurt ya. 

I ended up having surgery(a microdiscectomy) and it completely fixed the problem. 

I want that surgery in the worst way, but it seems like they want me to be miserable for as long as possible before approving it. How long was your recovery? 

26 minutes ago, PB729 said:

I want that surgery in the worst way, but it seems like they want me to be miserable for as long as possible before approving it. How long was your recovery? 

Relief was immediate but had a lingering nerve discomfort for about a year. Was riding in like 6-8 weeks if I remember correctly.

$26,000 for a 4 hr outpatient surgery and worth every penny!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, indy rider said:

Relief was immediate but had a lingering nerve discomfort for about a year. Was riding in like 6-8 weeks if I remember correctly.

$26,000 for a 4 hr outpatient surgery and worth every penny!

Thank you...I'd pay that in a heart beat to get rid of this crap! Sorry, didn't mean to hi-jack the thread. 

I really thought Ferrandis was going to be in the mix for some wins before his injury. There are a lot of guys that can win a race, so consistency is going to be huge. I still think it's Eli's to lose, but Zach is going to be consistent and so will Webb. If AC does not get hurt, I could see him winning as well. Hard to say with Kenny and Marv. I'd love to see Roczen win it, but still think he'll struggle with stamina, Marv should be consistent and fully recovered...we should consider him as well. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TDW said:

In general I like most of the tracks, especially the fast tracks. I know this wouldnt happen but I would like to see a couple of the tracks have an extended sand section that might take up 1/3rd of the track length. It would make things interesting IMO and could cause some different final results.

They should do a vintage track at the 2nd anaheim every year. Have these modern guys on modern bikes racing 80s style track.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zinergy said:

They should do a vintage track at the 2nd anaheim every year. Have these modern guys on modern bikes racing 80s style track.

But vintage tracks dont have enough jumps and the ones that are there are too small.

Webb would be bored and be trying to clean out somebody in most of the corners! :applause:

• Haha 1

The only for sure in this years stupid cross battle is that Webb won't win it.

5 hours ago, PB729 said:

love to see Roczen win it, but still think he'll struggle with stamina

We’ll see if his new trainer will help

1 hour ago, T.T. Rider said:

We’ll see if his new trainer will help

Kenny's not gonna finish the series. 

• Like 1

LoL.  For the 450's I predict with this rushed/abnormal schedule this year, only Osbourne has the temperament to keep unflustered and therefore consistent the whole series.  MAYbe Stanton-junior Sexton too, but my bet is on the guy who has never had much "normalcy" in his entire career.

The 250F's are going to have plenty of hungry bada$$es to choose from, so fun to watch each gate drop.  As has been the case now for several years.  Mosiman will come into his own this year, with even a win before its over.

Now, has ANYone ever found a bonifide site to wager on this stuff aside from the Monster Cup?!  Every one I have visited claims to have, but yet does not...??